Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 An tAlbanach

I think she should speak to her consultant to get advice about getting the covid vaccine. Hospitals have been directly arranging MVC appointments for their patients at 14wks-36wks6days so pregnant ladies haven't had to register via the age-based general registration portal. Perhaps she opted out of this if she hasn't had it by now?

If your wife has planned to get it after the birth she should simply hold off from registering until she's ready to get it. There's no urgency in registering as soon as the portal opens for her age cohort. It'd be better to get a speedy appointment when ready than having to reschedule appointments in the interim.

Best of luck for your new arrival!

38 weeks pregnant so no appointment via pregnancy sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

38 weeks pregnant so no appointment via pregnancy sadly.

Sure probably best for her to hold off so, rest up and focus on the upcoming arrival. The situation might change by the time she's ready to get the vaccine e.g. perhaps the roll-out via pharmacies will expand to younger cohorts.

That's just my two cents though! It'd definitely be worth asking the consultant for their recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Still no text, even though my appointment is on the web site since Friday. I did complete the questionnaire on the web site, perhaps that's the reason.
    jd wrote: »
    55, scheduled for Tues 15th of June for second Pfizer at the Helix (D9)
    Four weeks to the day after my first dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

42, I am scheduled for my first shot this Thursday at the Aviva. (Pfizer)
    I registered on 2nd June & got my notification text on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Age 57
    Location - Cork City
    2nd Pfizer jab - Tuesday 15th June - 29 days after 1st jab
    Text received Thursday 10th June
    Centre - PuC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,028 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

40 first shot in ennis on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

54 Cork City
    2nd Pfizer BioNtech this Tuesday (15th) - Cork City Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

North county Dublin.
    Registered wed 02nd
    Text Fri 11th
    Appt Date: Wednesday 16th June
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Had to click "New" as Wed is the one day I'm not in the city. Hopefully won't be too long for the reschedule.

Just got a text there now for an appointment on Tuesday 15th so had to cancel again as can't take chance of having side effects the next day.
    Bit odd to see rescheduled appt is earlier than original one.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

Age 40
    Phone call at 5.55pm for a cancellation in Charlesland
    Vaccinated at 6.19pm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

jd wrote: »
    Still no text, even though my appointment is on the web site since Friday. I did complete the questionnaire on the web site, perhaps that's the reason.

There seems to be an issue with some of the mobile phone providers and text messages being received afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Are people getting their appointment for 2nd vaccine through text a few days in advance, and is it the date that's written on the card, or does it vary? City Hall, Cork if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

I was due for the 2nd Pfizer vaccination according to my calculations on Saturday 12/06/21 in Enniscorthy, had got the first one on the 15/05/21, rang the HSE helpline on Friday as I had heard nothing about the second vaccination.
    Got through and the man checked all my details and said everything was correct and to ring back if it went over by 5 days and it would be escalated, still haven't heard anything.
    Anyone that went to a vaccination centre as far as I know didn't get a date for the second vaccination wrote down on the vaccination card. I was only told it would be in 4 weeks time.
    Seemly anyone who got it done in a health care centre/ doctors surgery seemly did get a time and date for the second vaccination.
    It just would have been so handy to have got it over the weekend when I was off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

42, I am scheduled for my first shot this Thursday at the Aviva. (Pfizer)
    I registered on 2nd June & got my notification text on the 10th.

Good to hear, hopefully close to my group soon. Anyone else born in 1979 scheduled yet in south Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

cw girl wrote: »
    Good to hear, hopefully close to my group soon. Anyone else born in 1979 scheduled yet in south Dublin?

My hubby born 1979, south Dublin, registered 2nd of June, still waiting for notification. Hopefully he will get it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Pat_bottom

No updates in Cork so far for two people I know born 1979 and 1981 and both enthusiastically registered ASAP.

Wonder if it's 'punishment' for registering before the day their specific age was called? i.e. are now being called last?

Nah its not. I registered on the first day of 44-40 group and got my appointment on the same day the 42s were registering and I'm only 40 I had my jab before my wife got her text who is 42.

I think it's look of the draw. It don't matter what day your registering thely only give guidelines so not to overload system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Judging from this thread, next week Dublin is really starting to hit the 42/43 age bracket. There's always a smattering of people who get weirdly early or late appointments in each area but there also always seem to be a big chunk who seem sorted by date of birth.

Based on the numbers and posts in this thread, the big core date of birth chunk is happening this week in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Galway 51. Pfizer second jab appointment Sunday 20th June at Racecourse.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Judging from this thread, next week Dublin is really starting to hit the 42/43 age bracket. There's always a smattering of people who get weirdly early or late appointments in each area but there also always seem to be a big chunk who seem sorted by date of birth.

Based on the numbers and posts in this thread, the big core date of birth chunk is happening this week in Dublin.
    I hope so. Neither myself, nor any of my friends, in Dublin (nearly all aged 42) have yet heard anything and we'd be scattered across different parts. I'm thinking maybe Monday/Tuesday for texts with vaccine appointments around the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Two people I know getting moderna next week and it will be only 3 weeks after first and someone else nearly at 5 weeks and waiting on appointment still .. all in Portlaoise.
    The scheduling seems very random .

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Aged 43 , registered last week , no sign of a text coming , logged onto the portal out of curiosity, my appointment was showing for Wednesday 16th June , I had to answer a few medical questions also online .

Appointment now fully confirmed on the portal , date time , location etc .

I assume all good to go ? Still no text though ?

Thanks

How does one get on to this portal? Couldn’t locate it on HSE website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Don’t know anyone in the 42 age group called yet in Dublin, looks like it’ll be next weekend at the earliest before I’m up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Will23 wrote: »
    How does one get on to this portal? Couldn’t locate it on HSE website

Try this https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

harr wrote: »
    Two people I know getting moderna next week and it will be only 3 weeks after first and someone else nearly at 5 weeks and waiting on appointment still .. all in Portlaoise.
    The scheduling seems very random .

I got an appointment for Moderna next week and refused it because its only 20 days since 1st dose.. The recommended time frame for 2nd dose as per both HSE and CDC (I've been googling it) is 28 days.. I'm hoping to get another appointment for the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

milosh wrote: »
    Age 40
    Phone call at 5.55pm for a cancellation in Charlesland
    Vaccinated at 6.19pm

Snap! Me too. Got a call at 5.45 to come down to Shoreline. Also aged 40. I’d previously asked my gp to put me on a cancellation list. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Text: 12th June
    Appt: 17th June
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

I'm 42. Registered on Friday 4th. And got notification this evening of my appointment: Next Saturday (19th), at Croke Park, for the Pfizer jab. 6.30pm on a Saturday - quite impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

airy fairy wrote: »
    Are people getting their appointment for 2nd vaccine through text a few days in advance, and is it the date that's written on the card, or does it vary? City Hall, Cork if it makes any difference.

Did you get your 1st vaccine and is the date for your 2nd vaccine on the card , I must go looking for my card.

Just found the card and no 2nd dose date given.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

forestgirl wrote: »
    Did you get your 1st vaccine and is the date for your 2nd vaccine on the card , I must go looking for my card.

I was told on the day that I would get 2nd dose approximately 28 days later but to wait for the actual appointment by text rather than just turn up on the day on the card

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Rket4000 wrote: »
    I got an appointment for Moderna next week and refused it because its only 20 days since 1st dose.. The recommended time frame for 2nd dose as per both HSE and CDC (I've been googling it) is 28 days.. I'm hoping to get another appointment for the following week

Would you not have gone to the appointment and asked the professionals there because you now cancelled your 2nd appointment and god only knows when you will get another appointment, I mean they surely know what they are doing.
    By the way I would question this myself so I am not criticising your decision I am interested as I am awaiting my 2nd moderna appointment also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Living in Leitrim, have heard of some of the 45 to 49 cohort living locally received vac 1 in Sligo. I registered on the 2nd June, no appointment as yet. Even though a lot of my work colleagues (Sligo) in this age-group seem to have been done last week. Even some who are 40. Very confusing how the appointments are allocated. Fingers crossed for appointments this week.

My doctor's surgery is also doing vaccinations, well they were at the start and I didn't know they were still doing them. I only heard about it on Friday and rang to stick my name down.... to be told that 'all the slots for next week were taken, didn't I see it on Facebook?' But I could be put on the standby list, was told like I was a naughty child that I would need to have my phone on me at all times. 'But sure, you'll get called for a vaccine soon, so aren't you grand'.

I work, I don't spend my day pissing about on FB, and the surgery can't even be bothered to send a text to their patients (by age) asking them to contact the surgery for a vaccine. I went on FB after the call to look for this post, they are vaccinating 16-39 year olds in this batch on a first come, first served basis. I was ripping. I'm 42.

Advertisement