Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Rket4000 wrote: »
    I got an appointment for Moderna next week and refused it because its only 20 days since 1st dose.. The recommended time frame for 2nd dose as per both HSE and CDC (I've been googling it) is 28 days.. I'm hoping to get another appointment for the following week

You'd want to call them about that 1850 24 1850

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

forestgirl wrote: »
    Would you not have gone to the appointment and asked the professionals there because you now cancelled your 2nd appointment and god only knows when you will get another appointment, I mean they surely know what they are doing.
    By the way I would question this myself so I am not criticising your decision I am interested as I am awaiting my 2nd moderna appointment also

I did some googling and saw from the HSE and CDC websites that for moderna it should be 28 days. I also asked someone I know who had previously administered the Moderna and they had been told 28 days. The HSE website states "The advice of the National Immunisation Advisory Committee is that evidence of efficacy of doses given before 24 days is lacking. However there is also no safety and efficacy date in relation to repeating vaccination in this situation (giving a total of 3 doses). Therefore a further dose is not required. This should be reported to HPRA and an incident report form completed.

If a dose is given between 24 and 27 days, this is considered a valid dose"

My 2nd dose was scheduled for 20 days after the first

Edited to state that this info on the HSE website refers to the Moderna vaccine. I think 21 days is OK for Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Anyone got an appointment for Sligo in the coming days?

1978, registered when it opened and nothing yet.

Anyone I know in sligo got app within a few days of registering. I know someone born in 1979 who got vaccine last week in sligo from Sligo IT

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Mgit wrote: »
    Anyone I know in sligo got app within a few days of registering. I know someone born in 1979 who got vaccine last week in sligo from Sligo IT

They must be doing it by region. I'm North Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

ixoy wrote: »
    I hope so. Neither myself, nor any of my friends, in Dublin (nearly all aged 42) have yet heard anything and we'd be scattered across different parts. I'm thinking maybe Monday/Tuesday for texts with vaccine appointments around the weekend.

I’m nearly 42 also and neither me nor friends have had any appointments, hopefully your guess on timing is correct!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

Wombatman wrote: »
    Galway 51. Pfizer second jab appointment Sunday 20th June at Racecourse.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

JojoLoca wrote:
    My hubby born 1979, south Dublin, registered 2nd of June, still waiting for notification. Hopefully he will get it tomorrow

I'm the exact same. Same DOB and date of registration.

Nothing yet. Checking the portal 3-4 times a day.

Expecting a text in the next 48hours

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

A range of family and friends between 78 and 81, not one has an appointment yet. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conorsteen

Reg: 6th
    Text: 12th
    Apt: 17th
    MVC: Shoreline, Greystones
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    A range of family and friends between 78 and 81, not one has an appointment yet. Fingers crossed.

For a minute there I thought they were aged 78 and 81 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    For a minute there I thought they were aged 78 and 81 !

Well that is what I wrote! Very confusing, I of course meant born 1978 to 1981 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a rescheduled appointment if you couldn't make the one they sent you? My husband was sent an appointment for last week but there was no way he could make it due to work. Normally he would have been able to take time off but unfortunately last week due to his colleagues being on holidays and the vaccination centre being 45mins away he just couldn't make it. He text back saying he couldn't make it but has heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a rescheduled appointment if you couldn't make the one they sent you? My husband was sent an appointment for last week but there was no way he could make it due to work. Normally he would have been able to take time off but unfortunately last week due to his colleagues being on holidays and the vaccination centre being 45mins away he just couldn't make it. He text back saying he couldn't make it but has heard nothing since.

Is it the kind of service that you can just text back? I’d imagine that text just disappeared into the ether. He may be no registered as a “no show”. He should definitely call the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The text says you need to text the word "New" to the number? You then go to the back of line and get it in 2-4 weeks.
    Did work refused to let him go ?

Did he reply to the appointment with the word 'new'?

My other half couldn't make her appointment due to work, and replied with the word 'new'. She got an appointment 6 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

The text says you need to text the word "New" to the number? You then go to the back of line and get it in 2-4 weeks.
    Did work refused to let him go ?

It's not "back of the line", there's no punishment element. I had to reschedule twice, first time got a new appoint within 24 hours, second time it took 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Just checked the app. I have my appointment in Carrick on Shannon tomorrow and I’m getting Pfizer. 1978. No text yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ontour2

Dublin 3,

Registered - 20th May
    Text - 11th June
    Appointment - 14th June @ Croke Park

In and out in under 30 minutes including the observation time, super efficient.

HSE website says that the Croke Park parking is on Russell Ave but it is actually behind the Jurys Hotel, entrance on the right hand side of Jurys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TurboTerror

My doctor's surgery is also doing vaccinations, well they were at the start and I didn't know they were still doing them. I only heard about it on Friday and rang to stick my name down.... to be told that 'all the slots for next week were taken, didn't I see it on Facebook?' But I could be put on the standby list, was told like I was a naughty child that I would need to have my phone on me at all times. 'But sure, you'll get called for a vaccine soon, so aren't you grand'.

I work, I don't spend my day pissing about on FB, and the surgery can't even be bothered to send a text to their patients (by age) asking them to contact the surgery for a vaccine. I went on FB after the call to look for this post, they are vaccinating 16-39 year olds in this batch on a first come, first served basis. I was ripping. I'm 42.

Facebook, sure that's mighty. Maybe like you say a phone call or text down through the ages would be more appropriate. I'd say I would be waiting a while to get one via my GP. Hard enough to get an appointment full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    It's not "back of the line", there's no punishment element. I had to reschedule twice, first time got a new appoint within 24 hours, second time it took 4 days.

Not suggesting as a punishment thing. My sister inlaw had to do it, she was in the over 50's and i am in the 40-44 group and i got mine two days before her !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 TurboTerror

Just checked the app. I have my appointment in Carrick on Shannon tomorrow and I’m getting Pfizer. 1978. No text yet.

Good luck with it. Hopefully will be this week for us too so, we're 1977 & 1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

What App did you check to be able to see an appointment??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Text: 12th
    Apt: 17th
    MVC: City Hall, Cork City
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Was actually very emotional when i saw the text, more so than i thought!

pmce4 wrote: »
    What App did you check to be able to see an appointment??

Its not an app
    Hes just used to saying that word
    Its the hse log in portal he checked

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Its not an app

Ya cheers I figured it out eventually and logged in. My 2nd dose of Pfizer is due this week and I am waiting to get the text. says the same on the portal. This Thursday will be 4 weeks since the 1st dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Registered on 3rd June.

Appt in Helix on 16th June - Pfizer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Registered on 3rd June.

Appt in Helix on 16th June - Pfizer

Out of curiosity, where are you located ? I registered that evening and am 1978

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Cloudio9 wrote: »

You got reappointment quickly that doesnt mean everyone will get the same.

I had to wait 3 weeks before I got a new appointment. There were quite a few like me. So not one of those corner cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Its not an app

I can never find the login option for the portal. Is it somewhere obvious and I’m just being dim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Friend of mine in Cork City has same issue - 1979. His partner born in 1977 got an appointment for this week. He hasn’t had a text and has been checking the portal regularly.
    They’re assuming it’s the City Hall venue, not PUC.

I’m aware of several ppl 1979 to 1981 who haven’t heard anything in Cork.

There’s a bit of a myth on this thread that Cork had flown through the entire age range. That doesn’t seem to be the case. I think we’re just hearing about outliers.

Advertisement