Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

Sarnia wrote: »
    I am from Bray,
    I wonder if there is even sense to call HSE, most likely would be told to wait my turn...
    It's only been 10 days, they can't do anything for you until the alloted 21 days is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Top quark

Grandeeod wrote: »
    After last weeks cluster ****, today was smooth. A rescheduled date from a cancelled date and on home ground.

Age - 49
    Registered - Early May
    Appointment date - 10/06/21 in UCD
    Cancelled - 9/06/21
    Rescheduled for 14/06/21 in Portlaoise.

Job done today in literally half an hour.

Pfiezer.

Congrats grandeeod . Exact same as you .
    Feel like punching the air with relief .
    Didn’t even feel the jab .
    Slightly sore arm this evening but worth it . The vaccinator did mention that the 1971s were a bit left behind for a while .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Top quark wrote: »
    Congrats grandeeod . Exact same as you .
    Feel like punching the air with relief .
    Didn’t even feel the jab .
    Slightly sore arm this evening but worth it . The vaccinator did mention that the 1971s were a bit left behind for a while .

Yep. Got the same chat about us 49'ers being left behind. Like you, I never felt the jab. A very well organized experience, if a little mad considering what its all about and why we are in this space. No sore arm for me so far.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sarnia wrote: »
    I am from Bray,
    I wonder if there is even sense to call HSE, most likely would be told to wait my turn...
    Absolutely no point unless three weeks have passed. It's frustrating but we just have to wait for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I had my second shot 10 days ago in Citywest. All done in 25 minutes (including the 15 wait after). Seems to be a lot of variability.

It has only been a regular issue since last week

3 hour roundtrip for my neighbour yesterday - some delay getting in and about an hour for process but also big issue with traffic to citywest

traffic backed up to N7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I’m getting very concerned I won’t be able to stand in the queue. I’ve an extremely bad back issue at the moment and I’ve been trying to resolve it before I’m called, but there’s no way I could wait 2 hours I would literally be sitting on the ground.

I can’t even do supermarket shopping at the moment for same reason.

All I can really do is dose myself with over the counter pain killers and bring a crutch or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

I’m getting very concerned I won’t be able to stand in the queue. I’ve an extremely bad back issue at the moment and I’ve been trying to resolve it before I’m called, but there’s no way I could wait 2 hours I would literally be sitting on the ground.

I can’t even do supermarket shopping at the moment for same reason.

All I can really do is dose myself with over the counter pain killers and bring a crutch or something.

Sorry to hear of your back trouble Fuzzy. Would it be possible for you to get a loan of one of those foldable camping chairs?

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of your back trouble Fuzzy. Would it be possible for you to get a loan of one of those foldable camping chairs?

Possibly. The problem is it goes into spasm and I won’t be able to stand or walk if it does. I can’t even get from the hall door to the gate.

No idea how I’m going to do this tbh.

I might just not be able to attend. I’ll try but I can’t guarantee I won’t just get completely stuck.

Seems to be no provision for situations like this, like a diversion to GP route or something.

There has to be a small % of people in similar situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Possibly. The problem is it goes into spasm and I won’t be able to stand or walk if it does. I can’t even get from the hall door to the gate.

I might just not be able to attend.

Aw Balls!! - Maybe you should see can you get yours from a Pharmacy or your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I might just not be able to attend.
    Can I suggest a call to the helpline to see if they can give you pointers or maybe HSE Live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

people in ther 60's who got first AZ shot weeks ago , having to wait 12 weeks , whilst all those in ther 50s getting fully vaccinated before them , and still at risk of Delta variant - NPHET and HSE should prioritise this issue, I know they did not forsee this risk with the Delta variant , but I'm sure many in ther 60s are getting anxious. Should be a priority now to reduce time for AZ second dose.

thebaz wrote: »
    people in ther 60's who got first AZ shot weeks ago , having to wait 12 weeks , whilst all those in ther 50s getting fully vaccinated before them , and still at risk of Delta variant - NPHET and HSE should prioritise this issue, I know they did not forsee this risk with the Delta variant , but I'm sure many in ther 60s are getting anxious. Should be a priority now to reduce time for AZ second dose.
    It is being reduced, slowly, but the over 60s are in the queue behind the HCWs/Groups 2 who were done over 12 weeks ago. Delta is not a problem here at all, last count there was a total of 126 recorded cases, back in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

is_that_so wrote: »
    It is being reduced, slowly, but the over 60s are in the queue behind the HCWs/Groups 2 who were done over 12 weeks ago. Delta is not a problem here at all, last count there was a total of 126 recorded cases, back in May.

I see it causing problems , where people in the 50s are getting fully vaccinated before those in the 60s , does it seam fair ??? needs more than a slow response .

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Aw Balls!! - Maybe you should see can you get yours from a Pharmacy or your GP.

I’m too young for Janssen or AZ, as per NIAC guidelines, so the only option is GP and mRNA. Rang GP and they didn’t seem to have any pathway either.

I’ve no appointments at all yet, so I probably have another couple of weeks to figure out the back.

thebaz wrote: »
    I see it causing problems , where people in the 50s are getting fully vaccinated before those in the 60s , does it seam fair ??? needs more than a slow response .
    It's down to the vaccines and their availability. J&J is one and done and the other ones are four weeks. AZ is 12 weeks and a very unreliable supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

My mother is due her second dose tomorrow and has heard absolutely nothing. Got her first dose in PUC. Not sure if Cork has slowed down or what.

I'm 1976 and finally getting dosed tomorrow in City Hall after the HSE pretty much forgot about me. When I escalated on day 21 I did get an appointment text on day 22, being last Thursday, (and a follow up call in fairness to make sure I had received it) for tomorrow, 16 June. But even though I had slipped through the cracks I was told on that call that the earliest date available was indeed tomorrow - then 6 full days away. So basically I don't think these has been a whole lot of MRNA first doses given out in recent days in Cork.

On a personal level, can't wait. Its been literally embarrassing telling people over the last week I'm still unvaccinated at my age in Cork - people beginning to assume I'm anti-vax or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Has anyone been able to move their second dose to an earlier day than the 28 days?

Galego wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to move their second dose to an earlier day than the 28 days?

I don’t think that’s advisable or that it would be facilitated. The second dose needs Minimum spacing. Pushing it further out would have little impact but moving them closer together might reduce the efficacy.

They have to wait for your immune system to develop adequate response before administering a booster and that takes time.

I'm 1976 and finally getting dosed tomorrow in City Hall after the HSE pretty much forgot about me. When I escalated on day 21 I did get an appointment text on day 22, being last Thursday, (and a follow up call in fairness to make sure I had received it) for tomorrow, 16 June. But even though I had slipped through the cracks I was told on that call that the earliest date available was indeed tomorrow - then 6 full days away. So basically I don't think these has been a whole lot of MRNA first doses given out in recent days in Cork.

On a personal level, can't wait. Its been literally embarrassing telling people over the last week I'm still unvaccinated at my age in Cork - people beginning to assume I'm anti-vax or something.

I’m aware of other people getting first dose (1977) tomorrow at City Hall.

I’m not convinced that the supplies are all that copious.

It seems very stop/start.

I’m guessing that they’re just working as deliveries are arriving with no buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

I have heard from several people that the Aviva are doing 42/43 year olds on Thursday. It has been reported here that the Aviva are doing second AZ doses to those 65+ on Friday and Saturday.

Then what? Anyone know what group the Aviva are doing on Sunday? And when the Aviva will do those aged 40 and 41?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Szero wrote: »
    I have heard from several people that the Aviva are doing 42/43 year olds on Thursday. It has been reported here that the Aviva are doing second AZ doses to those 65+ on Friday and Saturday.

Then what? Anyone know what group the Aviva are doing on Sunday? And when the Aviva will do those aged 40 and 41?

Thanks.
    Probably a lot more AZ for Group 2 and second dose Pfizer. There are big shipments expected so it shouldn't slow down for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Age 51
    Registered 11 May

SMS received 19 May
    Appointment 22 May, Aviva, Janssen. Nurse refused to vaccinate me after a panic attack.

SMS received 09 June
    Appointment 12 June, Aviva, Pfizer. Let's see if security refuse me assistance again.
    Three weeks to the day from my first appointment !

I went to Aviva at 08:15 on Saturday for my 12:25 appointment. They weren't too happy with me being so early but I had a letter from my CBT therapist and that did the trick. They made sure I got to a nurse who knew how to deal with trypanophobics & I was jabbed within 20 mins. With the Xanax, EMLA, & disassociation techniques, I barely noticed.

I did get body spasms in the recovery area so they moved me to a trolley in a private area for observation. I think I was there about half an hour.

I must commend the staff who were really so helpful & made the experience as stress-free as possible. Back in 4 weeks I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I went to Aviva at 08:15 on Saturday for my 12:25 appointment. They weren't too happy with me being so early but I had a letter from my CBT therapist and that did the trick. They made sure I got to a nurse who knew how to deal with trypanophobics & I was jabbed within 20 mins. With the Xanax, EMLA, & disassociation techniques, I barely noticed.

I did get body spasms in the recovery area so they moved me to a trolley in a private area for observation. I think I was there about half an hour.

I must commend the staff who were really so helpful & made the experience as stress-free as possible. Back in 4 weeks I guess.

Had been wondering about you, delighted for you.

Well done Lumpy.Monkey!
    Bravo!
    You conquered it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Congratulations and extremely well done,you are amazing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Delighted Lumpy that's great news, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

My mother is due her second dose tomorrow and has heard absolutely nothing. Got her first dose in PUC. Not sure if Cork has slowed down or what.
    She just rang HSE and they seemed to just say wait it out. Bit frustrating as I thought the 28 day gap was being followed give or take a day.

When my sister rang early last week, she was told something similar, she rang again on Friday and was given an appointment for yesterday. So if you don't get a text this week. I would ring again maybe Friday or next Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I might just not be able to attend. I’ll try but I can’t guarantee I won’t just get completely stuck.

Seems to be no provision for situations like this, like a diversion to GP route or something.

There has to be a small % of people in similar situations.

I would like to think security/organizers would be helpful in situations like this.
    I'd definitely try to talk to them. Ppl with conditions like yours should be able to skip the queue in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Brilliant!
    With this under your belt, the mystery is gone - now you know how it feels. 2nd dose will be much easier for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Any tips for someone with a deep fear of needles ….I’ve made appointment turned up to center got out of car walked to door but just couldn’t do it ,felt physically sick ,anxious ,broke out in a cold sweat just couldn’t do it went back to car and had to sit there for good 20 minutes before I felt able to drive
    I’m not anti vax and fully understand the benefits of getting it but the fear is overriding everything else .I did phone and cancel is there any way I could get the Jansen single dose as if I can manage to get myself in to get it there’s just no way I could go thru it again I’m 42 snd if honest slightly embarrassed …..

Advertisement