Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Any 41 year olds in Dublin 15 get an appointment yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Any 50+ folks who got Pfizer in the last four weeks gotten the call for 2nd shot yet? This Saturday will be 28 days since I got my first and wondering should I expect a text this week?

Check the web site
    https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/

I got my second Pfizer yesterday - 28 days after my first.
    I never got a text, I wouldn't have known about appointment if I didn't check the portal

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Champagne Sally

Anyone know what age they’re at in punchestown?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

What year is it in Cavan??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

dunneg wrote: »

About 1850

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

dunneg wrote: »

Some people say it’s always been 1957

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

:):)

I'll pitch it up, you knock them out of the park!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

How long between the Pfizer doses? Are they pretty much on time or does it vary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Knine wrote: »
    How long between the Pfizer doses? Are they pretty much on time or does it vary?

4 weeks for me anyway, got my first dose on the 1st June and back in on the 29th.

On age alone got mine a little earlier than I should as our doctor here had spares.

In regards to the process itself it was unbelievably efficient and quick compared to the farce my father had to endure back in April for his first dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭abff

My wife, aged 66, got a text yesterday giving her an appointment for her second AZ jab next Monday in UCD. This will be exactly 8 weeks after her first jab in City West.

I had my first AZ jab 5 days before her, but no word yet on my second jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

41 y.o.
    Born 1979
    West Dublin
    Registered 2nd June
    Still nothing.

I was 41 when I registered but I'll be 42 by the time I get jabbed as I've an upcoming birthday. Getting paranoid now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

41 y.o.
    Born 1979
    West Dublin
    Registered 2nd June
    Still nothing.

I was 41 when I registered but I'll be 42 by the time I get jabbed as I've an upcoming birthday. Getting paranoid now.
    You registered 2-3 days early for your age group so that's 12 days. Be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chebas

You cant blame us for being impatient given the previous turnaround from other age groups. I'm 41 registered on Sat 5th (me and my wife, both 1979) and still nothing....

Every single other person I know outside of the 44-40 got their text within 5-9 days and got vaccinated 1-3 days after.

Understand all the issues (az getting delivered early to 60's, largest group in dublin etc) but we just want this over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

chebas wrote: »
    You cant blame us for being impatient given the previous turnaround from other age groups. I'm 41 registered on Sat 5th (me and my wife, both 1979) and still nothing....

Every single other person I know outside of the 44-40 got their text within 5-9 days and got vaccinated 1-3 days after.

Understand all the issues (az getting delivered early to 60's, largest group in dublin etc) but we just want this over and done with.

I'm in that cohort, so is my peer group. we are all about 14 days registered and not one has got their text yet.

Varying years between 1978 and 1981 , varying locations (Dublin and Non) and out of about 10 people I know waiting, no one has an appointment.

There is definitely a backlog, probably related to the prioritisation of the 2nd dose Az.

It's really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Back log must be in all the centres, most of my friends are in the 43 to 45 age bracket and all have got the first jab those in the 40-43 are not seeing any texts yet . I know a number who are getting done by GP .. this backlog will probably continue for a few weeks till the centres deal with second jabs . Portlaoise where I got mine done are only doing first jabs on certain days and majority of appointments now are for the second injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Hi all, quick question(s):

I did my 1st Pfizer jab at the Helix on Tue 8th of June.
    I have to do some training at work (virtual but still need to be connected for the length of the course) and it's being planned for 5-6th of July (exactly 27 and 28 days after my first jab). I can cancel the training the week before (i dont want to postpone my 2nd jab) so the questions are:

1. When is the most likely date for my 2nd jab?
    2. how long before am I notified of the appointment?

many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Hi all, quick question(s):

I did my 1st Pfizer jab at the Helix on Tue 8th of June.
    I have to do some training at work (virtual but still need to be connected for the length of the course) and it's being planned for 5-6th of July (exactly 27 and 28 days after my first jab). I can cancel the training the week before (i dont want to postpone my 2nd jab) so the questions are:

1. When is the most likely date for my 2nd jab?
    2. how long before am I notified of the appointment?

many thanks.

you should get it it 6 or 7 July. 28 or 29 days later. I was 29 days later and got text on a Thursday evening for jab the next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Any 50+ folks who got Pfizer in the last four weeks gotten the call for 2nd shot yet? This Saturday will be 28 days since I got my first and wondering should I expect a text this week?

Due my 2nd shot today no appointment yet

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

24 got Pfizer today and a date for my 2nd dose already exactly 4 weeks from today
    was that from your GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭prunudo

is_that_so wrote: »
    You registered 2-3 days early for your age group so that's 12 days. Be patient!

Just on this, there was conflicting advice when they opened the 40-44 age category. Donnelly was saying it decreased a year a day yet the news said it was open from 40-69.
    And sure enough when I registered on the Wednesday, there was no mention of certain age for certain days, just said it was open for 40-69.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

harr wrote: »
    Back log must be in all the centres, most of my friends are in the 43 to 45 age bracket and all have got the first jab those in the 40-43 are not seeing any texts yet . I know a number who are getting done by GP .. this backlog will probably continue for a few weeks till the centres deal with second jabs . Portlaoise where I got mine done are only doing first jabs on certain days and majority of appointments now are for the second injection.

Which is why, if they do open for the next group, they should clearly communicate that the time frame will likely be a bit longer than before as they're not yet halfway through the previous cohort in a significant number of places. Just get across it's slowed down rather than the impression it's flying through for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Baybay

Pfizer first shot, May 20
    Text received June 15 for second shot Sunday next, June 20

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

My mother got her first AZ in galway Mvc on weds 28th april
    She got text for second jab next Weds 23rd June.
    Delighted !

I still haven’t heard of anyone in the low 40s getting called to Galway MVC. Glad I got mine in GP now
    Mayo MBC is flying it . Down to 40 year olds early this week as my friend was called Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

My sister aged 43 getting hers there today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I am still waiting 33 days later, I did hear that Pfizer will be prioritized next week at the centers so I am expecting shortly.

I did check the status on the link below just to double check I didn't slip out of the system

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

I don't mind waiting especially if it means 60+ group get their 2nd vaccine but I don't like that no one is mentioning delay for 40-45 year olds. They need to be honest and say there is a delay instead of waffling on about opening up for next group.

Once Monday comes we will all have reached the 21 days so maybe the message needs to get out to media that no the 40-45 are not done so 30-39 group should not be opened on portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

ixoy wrote: »
    Which is why, if they do open for the next group, they should clearly communicate that the time frame will likely be a bit longer than before as they're not yet halfway through the previous cohort in a significant number of places. Just get across it's slowed down rather than the impression it's flying through for a lot of people.

They clearly communicated 3 weeks last time and its not 2 weeks for the younger portion of the bracket (the group still waiting).

If 200k registered as suggested earlier in this thread, that means roughly 100k are left to do, which is 2-3 days at our current rate of vaccination. Reality is we'll probably all be done by Sunday week.

The 35-39 group will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

krissovo wrote: »
    I am still waiting 33 days later, I did hear that Pfizer will be prioritized next week at the centers so I am expecting shortly.

I did check the status on the link below just to double check I didn't slip out of the system

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login

Myself and the wife were due our 2nd Pfizer this Saturday, Within the last ten minutes both of us have just got the call for Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sleeptight

I am 43 (1978) - app tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I'm 41 (1980) in Naas. Got a call this morning to go down to Punchestown, had to be down before 11:30am, went down straight away and got Pfizer

Advertisement