Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Checked the portal and I have an appointment!! Didn't get a text so best for others to check the portal too

Notification : 17/06 (no SMS yet)
    Appointment : 20/06
    MVC: Helix
    Vaccine : Comirnaty (Pfizer/BioNTech)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We're in the 35-39 year age bracket, so hopefully we'll be able to register next week, if you believe the rumours. But we have a staycation booked from 3-11 July and I'm worried the vaccine appointment and staycation could clash. We'd need to cancel by 28 June, otherwise we'll loose a couple hundred euro.

I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone heard the expected timeframe for actually starting to vaccinate the 35-39 year olds? Or is it expected to be a while off yet since they're still working on the 40+ groups and trying to get second doses to older groups?

(Postponing the vaccination isn't an option for us btw, we're keen to get it asap and would be more worried about delays getting a second appointment if we turn down the first one).

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

woodchuck wrote: »
    We're in the 35-39 year age bracket, so hopefully we'll be able to register next week, if you believe the rumours. But we have a staycation booked from 3-11 July and I'm worried the vaccine appointment and staycation could clash. We'd need to cancel by 28 June, otherwise we'll loose a couple hundred euro.

I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone heard the expected timeframe for actually starting to vaccinate the 35-39 year olds? Or is it expected to be a while off yet since they're still working on the 40+ groups and trying to get second doses to older groups?

(Postponing the vaccination isn't an option for us btw, we're keen to get it asap and would be more worried about delays getting a second appointment if we turn down the first one).

They've just announced that 35-39 will start from Sunday. So I guess you'll be in the 3 weeks after that but impossible to say exactly when! They'll start some straightaway I'm sure, depending on how that region is doing getting through the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Does anyone have experience with rescheduling - how long after the initial appointment would they reschedule it for?

It also says on the website you are only allowed to reschedule twice - what happens though if you need to do it a third time?

I'm in a similar position to the previous poster. I can register next week but have to go away for a couple of weeks the following weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

BigBirdie's Dad -

Appointment : 21/06
    MVC: Carlow IT
    Vaccine : 2nd Shot of AZ, 8 weeks and 3 days after 1st.

• Advertisement

I think if you're going away in early July for more than a couple of days, and you can't/don't want to cancel, it's best to wait a bit longer to register. There's just no way of knowing when you'll get your appointment.

You could register and reschedule if the appointment clashes, but it's hard to predict when your new appointment would be. Based on some of the posts here, it could be anywhere from one day to two weeks later.

Just got my first appointment

1979 (42 yo), live in Dublin 15
    Date: Sun 20th June
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 39 morebarn

Age 69(+8 months!)

Just got appointment for 2nd dose of AstraZeneca on the 21st June.

Received 1st dose on 22nd April.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

Just got my text:

Appointment: 21/06
    MVC: The Helix
    Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNtech

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

There's Stephen now with his announcement saying 30-39 years will open on Sunday.

Thankfully his twitter feed is having none of it and people letting him now its a mess and plenty of people still waiting to be called or their 2nd vaccine is delayed.

As one women put it perfectly its one thing to register but getting called is another thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Any 50+ folks who got Pfizer in the last four weeks gotten the call for 2nd shot yet? This Saturday will be 28 days since I got my first and wondering should I expect a text this week?

Just got the text and will be getting the 2nd shot on Wednesday 23rd June 2021 or 32 days after 1st.

1st Shot 22nd May 2021
    2nd Shot 23rd June 2021
    Cork City Hall
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Older family member getting 2nd AZ dose exactly 8 weeks after first.
    Seems like the reduced interval is being followed up in Galway anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Just got the text and will be getting the 2nd shot on Wednesday 23rd June 2021 or 32 days after 1st.

1st Shot 22nd May 2021
    2nd Shot 23rd June 2021
    Cork City Hall
    Pfizer

Husband registered on 18th, got vaccine same day as you, 22nd, in the city hall, Pfizer, no 2nd appointment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Rang HSE earlier again for the mother and they took her details again (not sure why) and said if she doesn’t get an appointment by Sunday (33 days from 1st dose) they’ll escalate

I will be getting my 2nd AZ tomorrow. I go the first one the last week in March. I'm looking forward to being fully vaccinated and very sick this weekend! :p

airy fairy wrote: »
    Husband registered on 18th, got vaccine same day as you, 22nd, in the city hall, Pfizer, no 2nd appointment yet.

Greystones up here in wicklow so far has been exactly 4 weeks for Pfizer dose 2
    Your husband on that basis is due on the 20th

The cousins got their 2nd Pfizer at Parc uí caoimh on day 32 because matches were played there last weekend and vaccinations stopped

Rang HSE earlier again for the mother and they took her details again (not sure why) and said if she doesn’t get an appointment by Sunday (33 days from 1st dose) they’ll escalate

I would suggest going to the MVC she got the 1st dose at with her vaccine card and asking for the supervisor at the door

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Just wondering is anyone having issues with the verifications SMS messages for logging into the site? Haven't been receiving them today.
    Maybe I can only try to login a certain number of times?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

fjon wrote: »
    Just wondering is anyone having issues with the verifications SMS messages for logging into the site? Haven't been receiving them today.
    Maybe I can only try to login a certain number of times?

I tried earlier and re-tried and the SMS didn’t send

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Julia68

Just got text. 2nd Pfizer on Monday 21st. 31 days since first. Citywest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Age 49

First jab 3 weeks ago in Portlaoise

2nd jab today 5.30 pm.

Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

2nd AZ vaccine tomorrow.
    11 weeks & 2 days since first.

OH just got text app for second jab on the 23rd, exactly 8 weeks after his first
    Also AZ.

Friend also just got text with app for 22nd, exactly 8 weeks after first.
    Also AZ.

They seem to be closing the gap fairly quickly, happy to get it. :)

All at the W.I.T. Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Daughter is in a huge queue in City West . There is a man playing the piano for them !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I tried earlier and re-tried and the SMS didn’t send

Just tried now and it's working again. And it's still "Awaiting appointment 1" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

airy fairy wrote: »

I received my first dose of Pfizer in City Hall on May 23rd.

Just checked the portal and saw an appointment for 2nd dose for Wednesday June 23rd.

No text message as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Daughter is in a huge queue in City West . There is a man playing the piano for them !!

Citywest is taking over two hours at times, think they’re going the guts of 4-5k a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Qrt wrote: »
    Citywest is taking over two hours at times, think they’re going the guts of 4-5k a day.
    Is that the capacity? The Helix can do similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is that the capacity? The Helix can do similar.

Hubby was told a few weeks ago that they were at 4k a day and would shortly be ramping up to 6k, so not quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭lettuce97

Age 41 (1980)
    Registered June 5
    Notification (on portal) June 17
    Appt June 22

Croke Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

Appointment: 22 June (via portal)
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Thanks a mil to all for posting on this thread. Brilliant information.

Advertisement