Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Age 42 (1978)
    Venue Aviva
    Date Wednesday 23rd
    Pfizer

Can’t wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Looks like Dublin is cranking out the lower 40s next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Aprilanon

Just wondering if there's a particular time of day (for Galway) that texts are sent out?

42 here, registered on 3rd June & nothing yet.

Friend 43 got first jab last Friday, another friend who is 43 getting hers tomorrow.

I'm so impatient, friends in Cork in particular all done from 40 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    I received my first dose of Pfizer in City Hall on May 23rd.

Just checked the portal and saw an appointment for 2nd dose for Wednesday June 23rd.

No text message as yet.

Thanks for that.
    He's already checked the portal and nothing.
    He suffers from anxiety, so even if he had a date, whenever, would help, til then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Appointment: 19th June (via text)
    Vaccine: Moderna

Text received at 1615hrs in case anyone is wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Inconspicuous

Thanks to everyone else whos been giving info. It seems they are getting to the 1980 year group in Dublin / Meath at least as I got my appointment today. I have an address in Meath but will be vaccinated in Dublin (tbf I'm close to the county border):

Appointment: 22nd June
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Aprilanon wrote: »
    Just wondering if there's a particular time of day (for Galway) that texts are sent out?

42 here, registered on 3rd June & nothing yet.

Friend 43 got first jab last Friday, another friend who is 43 getting hers tomorrow.

I'm so impatient, friends in Cork in particular all done from 40 up.
    People reckon they come in the late afternoon and early evening. You'll probably see it on the portal first.

Oh I should add my age, 39.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gfarnan

Age 43 (1978)
    Venue Aviva
    Date Wednesday 23rd
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Friend:

Located: D15
    Appointment: 22nd June
    Vac Location: The Helix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

Notification: 17 June
    Appointment: 21 June

Can't wait to get it done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Age 41 April 1980
    Helix
    App tues 22nd
    North County Dublin
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

queueing up yesterday, it was like somebody had said they were giving out free houses .. huge queues.
    appt for 6, got jab at 8.15pm
    but fair play to the volunteers and all for sticking around till all done. if anyones in any way musical, there is an electric roland piano in the lobby area to while away some of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Registered a few weeks now

June 1980

App Tuesday 22nd

A stone's throw from DCU, will walk up for my Vaxx :)

Lots of Helix appointments going out today, good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

gussieg wrote: »
    queueing up yesterday, it was like somebody had said they were giving out free houses .. huge queues.
    but fair play to the volunteers and all for sticking around till all done. if anyones in any way musical, there is an electric roland piano in the lobby area to while away some of the time.
    where?

where?
    CityWest, piano was mentioned earlier in thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Was this the helix? Have a young breastfed baby so wondering if i can bring him as can't risk being stuck for hours in a queue!

gussieg wrote: »

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Was this the helix? Have a young breastfed baby so wondering if i can bring him as can't risk being stuck for hours in a queue!
    They have said No to kids being brought along to centres and some people have been turned away with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Get in contact with HSE via phone line and ask them if you can get some kind of allowance to skip queue when you are due to circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

where?

City West . Daughter was there and someone was playing it . She did laugh and said it felt like being on the Titanic and the band played on !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Contact your GP directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just checked the portal . Second dose AZ next Tuesday . Thats 8 weeks and 5 days after first dose .Delighted !!!

No text yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

queues seem worse in citywest then helix ( which is where Im going next Monday )

found this tweet that says nurse at citywest claimed that people who had appointments for last Sunday turned up on Monday and thats why the queue was so bad https://twitter.com/eils_g/status/1404480334796886016

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clarsax

Can’t imagine any issue bringing a little baby in a sling. They just don’t want kids running around. Interestingly it was a lactation consultant who vaccinated me yesterday in croke park ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭MysticMe

Has anyone else received an appointment for the AZ in the 40-45 age bracket?
    I (aged 42) received a text last Thursday for the 1st shot of Astra Zeneca in UCD OReillly Hall.
    However, on the evening of the same day, I received another text saying my appointment is cancelled and sorry for the inconvenience, etc.
    Since then, no other texts/invitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Miller1

Age 42

Registered june 2nd

App Monday 21st

Croke Park

Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭ForestFire

In and out of Galway in about 40mins, total, for 3pm appointment .

It seemed to be getting a lot more busy as I was leaving though.

They were checking appointment times at the entry points and if you were early you were asked to wait before being allowed to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

41 (August 1979) Dublin 15

Registered Sat 5th
    Text Thurs 17th
    Appt. Monday 21st

Couple of questions if anyone can advise.

Is it better to give permission/answer medical question on the portal or wait until the day? I saw some people had issues when they answered on the portal?

Also, wife is born 1981, not 40 until September. I see some people say those born in 1981 can register even if they are not yet 40. Any thoughts? Should she wait until Sunday or register now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Baybay

clarsax wrote: »
    Can’t imagine any issue bringing a little baby in a sling. They just don’t want kids running around.

I think it was earlier in this thread that someone said they also have to be mindful of someone having a bad reaction to the vaccine & the immediate care that they might require. Childminding, at least to some degree, might also be necessary in that situation.

Advertisement