Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Got first Pfizer on 18th in PuiC in cork , wife got hers week after in City Hall and now has got an appointment for 2 nd one next Wednesday and I still heard nothing . I know another guy got first one same day as me as well and he heard nothing either .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

MysticMe wrote: »
    Has anyone else received an appointment for the AZ in the 40-45 age bracket?
    I (aged 42) received a text last Thursday for the 1st shot of Astra Zeneca in UCD OReillly Hall.
    However, on the evening of the same day, I received another text saying my appointment is cancelled and sorry for the inconvenience, etc.
    Since then, no other texts/invitations.
    That's been reported on this thread, just hang on for the correct one.

MysticMe wrote: »
    Has anyone else received an appointment for the AZ in the 40-45 age bracket?
    I (aged 42) received a text last Thursday for the 1st shot of Astra Zeneca in UCD OReillly Hall.
    However, on the evening of the same day, I received another text saying my appointment is cancelled and sorry for the inconvenience, etc.
    Since then, no other texts/invitations.

It was an error, which is why it got cancelled. AZ is for 50+ only. I'm sure you'll get a text in the next few days, the Aviva is coming close to your age now.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

July 1979
    Naas

First dose

Vaccine type:
    Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)
    Date:
    Monday, 21 Jun 2021

Vaccination clinic name:
    Punchestown Racecourse Vaccination Clinic (CVC)
    Punchestown Racecourse
    Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

costacorta wrote: »
    Got first Pfizer on 18th in PuiC in cork , wife got hers week after in City Hall and now has got an appointment for 2 nd one next Wednesday and I still heard nothing . I know another guy got first one same day as me as well and he heard nothing either .

As I found out, City Hall queue and PUC queue are totally separate and have minds of their own. Ne'er the twain shall meet it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

RoiSoleil wrote: »
    41 Dublin 15

Registered Sat 5th
    Text Thurs 17th
    Appt. Monday 21st

Couple of questions if anyone can advise.

Is it better to give permission/answer medical question on the portal or wait until the day? I saw some people had issues when they answered on the portal?
    there are medical questions on the portal? ...logins.. Oh I see theres consent stuff first then medical questions didn't know about that, they could have prompted you to fill that in, in the text.

what kind of problems, could they not just do it on the day again, do they hand you a form to fill as you wait, or only do that in the cubicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

what kind of problems, could they not just do it on the day again, do they hand you a form to fill as you wait, or only do that in the cubicle?
    there are medical questions on the portal? Oh I see there consent stuff etc, they could have prompted you to fill that in, in the text.

I filled it out on the portal before first vaccine dose, both consent and questions. Had to answer them all again at vaccine Centre and give consent. I asked the vaccinator why and she said she didn't think they were linked to see the consent on portal. Not sure why it's on the portal then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

there are medical questions on the portal? ...logins.. Oh I see theres consent stuff first then medical questions didn't know about that, they could have prompted you to fill that in, in the text.

It cancelled appointments when some people did it online - I’d leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

This has probably been asked before but what happened with people in their 40's having a choice of the Jansen? I got an appointment for next week for the Pfizer. Had to cancel for other reasons but was wondering what happened to all the talk of the choice. They didn't have any real information about this on the HSE helpline just said that this was said last month and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moshea

RoiSoleil wrote: »

Is it better to give permission/answer medical question on the portal or wait until the day? I saw some people had issues when they answered on the portal?

Based on the experiences in this thread I've very much telling people to ignore the consent piece on the portal, and just do it in person at the center.

Lots of instances of people's appointments being cancelled when completing the content questionaire, and yet its a 10 second thing to answer them in person. so no real upside to doing it in advance, only downside imho.

-M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    too late

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

Any second dose astrA over 60 Dublin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

costacorta wrote: »

Mother got hers 18th too and no sign

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

Van.Bosch wrote: »

That's what I thought. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

horse7 wrote: »

Yes . Mine is next Tuesday , 8 weeks and 5 days . On the portal only no text yet

Edit . Just got the text this minute

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

This has probably been asked before but what happened with people in their 40's having a choice of the Jansen? I got an appointment for next week for the Pfizer. Had to cancel for other reasons but was wondering what happened to all the talk of the choice. They didn't have any real information about this on the HSE helpline just said that this was said last month and nothing else.

My understanding is we only got 60000 j&j in the last batch, they went to pharmacies to finish the last few over 50s (and also to finally kickstart pharmacies doing vaccines just 6 short months later)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    My understanding is we only got 60000 j&j in the last batch, they went to pharmacies to finish the last few over 50s (and also to finally kickstart pharmacies doing vaccines just 6 short months later)
    Having them involved earlier in the process would have been pointless with all the supply issues and MVCs had the capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

horse7 wrote: »

Yes. I'm in Citywest on Sunday, 8 weeks and 5 days after first jab. I know 3 others getting their after 8 weeks exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Surfgal

Me:
    Age 41, 1979

Registered Jun 3rd
    Text Thurs 17th
    Appt. Monday 21st, Punchestown
    Vaccine : Pfizer

Husband:
    age 42, 1978
    Registered Jun 3rd
    No text received
    Appt. Fri 18th, Punchestown

2nd Pfizer shot today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Me:
    Age 41, 1979

Registered Jun 4th
    Text Thurs 17th
    Appt. Monday 21st, Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

bubblypop wrote: »

2nd Pfizer shot today :D

Please drink sensibly.

Just had the 2nd jab in Portlaoise. It is like a conveyor belt there. Quick as well.

Mother got hers 18th too and no sign

Parc uí Caoimh is running about 4 days late atm on 2nd pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eprndrgst

Age 41, 1980
    Registered 06.06
    Text 17.06
    Appt. 22.06 Helix
    Vaccine Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Windytrees

Age 40 (1981)
    Registered (few days after it opened - can’t remember precise date)
    Text today 17th June
    Vaccine Tuesday 22nd June
    Cork City Hall
    Pfizer

Was originally scheduled for last Tuesday 15th. Had to ask for new appointment for work reasons. Waited just 3 days for new appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Age 40 (1981)
    Registered Jun 5th
    Text received 11am today
    Appt. Tue 22nd City Hall - Cork
    Pfizer

Its an awful dose (way hey!) waiting but best of luck everyone, thanks to everyone who posted their details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Any 41 year olds in Dublin 15 get an appointment yet?

41, Dublin 15, scheduled for a Pfizer in the Helix on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

yoshimitsu wrote:
    1. When is the most likely date for my 2nd jab? 2. how long before am I notified of the appointment?

Hilex is one of the fastest offering replacement appointments. I rescheduled several times and got a new appointment within 24 hours each time. Other centres are weeks rather than days

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

43 (1978)

First vaccine today Pfizer. Limerick racecourse.

Very well run in and out less than 40 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

34, 2nd Pfizer done today. Wife 35, 2nd Pfizer tomorrow.

Advertisement