Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

UID0 wrote: »
    The rollout is slowing, and is obviously going to slow. The latest HSE stats (from https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/) show that 61% of population have received 1 dose and 31% are fully vaccinated with 3.45 million doses administered. A rough calculation shows that approx 1.15 million people need to receive a second dose in the next 4 weeks. Thats approx 287.5k slots of the probably 350k-400k per week available. When vaccination of the over 50s started, there was nowhere near that number of second vaccinations scheduled (as AZ wasn't on a 4 week schedule for second dose and over 70s were vaccinated through GP surgeries).
    How slow it is in different areas depends on the age profile of the cohort in the area and the age profile of the older cohort that are due their second dose.

As I suspected alright in terms of bottle necks and the rollout slowing particularly for first doses. It's kind of a perfect storm situation hitting the rollout currently and particularly too in certain areas of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

First vaccine booked for this coming Friday.
    Living in Carlow but appointment is in Cillin Hill, Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

Age 49, I'm on day 27 after 1st Pfizer dose. No text yet for 2nd dose. Would be in the helix. Friends have got their appointments who got their first Pfizer dose after me. Aviva.

I phoned the hse and got a response that there was 5 extra days allowed between doses was the policy and to ring back if I heard nothing by day 33 I guess.

Other than a sore arm for 24 hours I have felt much better physically since the vaccine. Psychosomatic maybe. Am impatient for 2nd shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Congenital Optimist

County: Louth
    Appointment notified: 18 June
    Vaccination Date: 22 June
    Venue: Fairyhouse CVC
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Are the appointments only uploaded to the portal once a day or numerous times throughout the day?
    3 weeks Wednesday since I registered (41) and nothing so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Are the appointments only uploaded to the portal once a day or numerous times throughout the day?
    3 weeks Wednesday since I registered (41) and nothing so far

Is Citywest your nearest centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

Got a call this morning from a Dublin number (511 9755). I didn't recognise it so didn't answer and googled the number instead

Some people have reported that this number is claiming to be from the HSE and is looking for personal info to confirm a change of vaccination appointment.

Be careful out there!

Age 59, got Pfizer 3.5 weeks ago in Co Louth, waiting for 2nd appointment.

spockety wrote: »

It sure is unfortunately

Looks like everyone here is assuming things about the entire rollout plan just because of how Citywest are doing things this week... Don't judge the entire program based on one centre.. it's moving at pace.

I say that as someone waiting on a Citywest appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

Looks like everyone here is assuming things about the entire rollout plan just because of how Citywest are doing things this week... Don't judge the entire program based on one centre.. it's moving at pace.

While the rest of the country is opening up for younger age groups to register, Citiwest is just getting into a bigger & bigger backlog.

surely somebody at the HSE can see this and reroute people to other close centres and relieve the pressure there?

otherwise we'll be seeing people aged 30 applying and not getting appointments for months afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

daheff wrote: »
    While the rest of the country is opening up for younger age groups to register, Citiwest is just getting into a bigger & bigger backlog.

surely somebody at the HSE can see this and reroute people to other close centres and relieve the pressure there?

otherwise we'll be seeing people aged 30 applying and not getting appointments for months afterwards

It’s not just citywest. Cork has significant delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

Ours closest centre is Aviva; hubby, 42, registered 2nd of June and still waiting. So not just Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

They shuffle people to different centres all the time. Citywest aren't really behind they're just doing things on a different order, ie they're doing 2nd doses first and 40-43 later whereas other centres have done it the other way. Presumably due to supplies.

By this day week Citywest may well be done with 43-38 while 38 & 39 year olds elsewhere are waiting because their local centres are doing 2nd doses.

It's all swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

JojoLoca wrote: »
    Ours closest centre is Aviva; hubby, 42, registered 2nd of June and still waiting. So not just Citywest

D12 (40) Registered on the 2nd of June also. No word so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

Ah no don’t tell me that.

It’s so weird - there’s a set number of people who got vaccinated 28 days ago- you’d think the second jab would be a simple rinse and repeat exercise- I wonder is it a reduced number of jabbers available due to the holiday season?

At Tralee this morning, all booths (about 30) were in full operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

JojoLoca wrote: »

Yep, have heard similar stories from friends also near the Aviva centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

They shuffle people to different centres all the time. Citywest aren't really behind they're just doing things on a different order, ie they're doing 2nd doses first and 40-43 later whereas other centres have done it the other way. Presumably due to supplies.

By this day week Citywest may well be done with 43-38 while 38 & 39 year olds elsewhere are waiting because their local centres are doing 2nd doses.

It's all swings and roundabouts.

You are very optimistic :D

From what i've heard, usually vaccination appointments have 3-5 day lead time

so even if they sent out all the appointments today, and had a day for each of those ages (6 days total) you are looking at 11 days time.

i might be proven wrong, but i'm now not expecting to get an appointment for at least another week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭prunudo

Considering the numbers of 42-40 still reporting that they haven't even got an appointment yet, were they a bit premature in opening the portal for 39-35.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

prunudo wrote: »
    Considering the numbers of 42-40 still reporting that they haven't even got an appointment yet, were they a bit premature in opening the portal for 39-35.

I think they were tbh. Still a lot of second doses to be done for 50s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

About 2 1/2 weeks since I registered now, still waiting on confirmation, but local GP clinic in my area phoned today to say I could get it there on 29th, so seems like I won't be going to citywest unless I get a confirmation in the next couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

51 - Citiwest
    Wednesday 23rd
    second jab

51 - Citiwest
    Wednesday 23rd
    second jab

Which vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I think if you are waiting on a citywest appointment (like me) and seeing everywhere else going well, you tend to think overall its going great but citywest not so great. From following this thread my take is that there are a lot of people that see it that way. Sure they are flying through it, +330k last week.... that's some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

You'd think someone would be trying to balance the age cohorts between the centres, it's not even as if Citywest is convenient to get to, its a PITA for anyone without a car and for anyone with a car, the Helix, Aviva, Croke Park and Punchestown would be nearly as handy.

Anyway, in the absence of anyone in the HSE trying to sort it out, I've gone and registered with a GP to get the first dose on Friday. It'll be interesting to see how long an appointment takes though the portal without escalation which I presume most people will be doing once they hit the 3 weeks post registration.

alias no.9 wrote: »
    You'd think someone would be trying to balance the age cohorts between the centres, it's not even as if Citywest is convenient to get to, its a PITA for anyone without a car and for anyone with a car, the Helix, Aviva, Croke Park and Punchestown would be nearly as handy.

Anyway, in the absence of anyone in the HSE trying to sort it out, I've gone and registered with a GP to get the first dose on Friday. It'll be interesting to see how long an appointment takes though the portal without escalation which I presume most people will be doing once they hit the 3 weeks post registration.

I registered with my GP too, they rang and said they have me on their list but that they are only doing 2nd doses at the moment and don't know if they will even be getting more vaccines in - this is a big GP clinic too in D10!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Which vaccine?

I'm the same - Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

39, mayo
    registered yesterday, appointment sent today, getting moderna on thursday

51 - Citiwest
    Wednesday 23rd
    second jab

Mind me asking when did you get the notice was it today? I’m waiting on jab2 text myself

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Citywest
    2nd Pfizer
    Thursday 24th
    Text last few mins

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how the centres are decided? I live in Dublin 15. My other half got Moderna @ Citiwest, I got Pfizer @ Helix.

Advertisement