Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chebas

sounds like randomly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Basil3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the centres are decided? I live in Dublin 15. My other half got Moderna @ Citiwest, I got Pfizer @ Helix.

There are multiple factors including where you live, your age, number of people in your age group in your area, vaccine availability in particular locations for a particular day, staffing capacity at particular locations for particular days.

Myself and the missus had the same split - me in Citywest for Moderna and she got Pfizer in Helix, week or so apart.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

What is the story with GP appointments? Are you special cases, with underlying conditions? Or just "Hey I don't feel like waiting around much longer, any chance I can get a vaccine from you?"??

spockety wrote: »
    What is the story with GP appointments? Are you special cases, with underlying conditions? Or just "Hey I don't feel like waiting around much longer, any chance I can get a vaccine from you?"??

Yeah, you can just let your GP know that you'd be interested if they have any doses left over. I know a couple of people in their 20s, and a couple in their early 30s that have had their first doses by doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭by the seaside

My wife had her 2nd vaccine on Friday.

AZ, Healthcare Worker cohort, Helix / DCU (she had 1st @ Citywest), live in North County Dublin.

• Advertisement

39, mayo
    registered yesterday, appointment sent today, getting moderna on thursday

A 39yo already, that's great. Some areas are flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

41 and just got my First Pfizer dose today in Punchestown Racecourse

In and out in 30min.

Staff and Volunteers were so friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Darwin wrote: »
    Getting second jab Sat 26th, but got confirmation text on 16th (10 days in advance). This will make it 32 days after 1st jab.

What vaccination centre

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Finally!!
    Appointment received for 55 year old mother, Friday the 25th at 11:50.
    2nd dose of Pfizer, Pairc ui Chaoimh.
    38 days after first dose.

Finally!!

Things must be quite far behind -I’m not holding out hope of getting second stab this week so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Things must be quite far behind -I’m not holding out hope of getting second stab this week so

Not much hope here either for this week. On day 30. Was city hall for 1st one.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

41 (August 1979) Dublin 15

Registered Sat 5th
    Text received Thurs 17th
    Appt. Monday 21st
    The Helix / Pfizer

Arrived at 2.10pm for 2.30pm appointment. I was out by 2.50pm. The organisation was superb, so efficient. I queued under the tent for about 15 minutes then 5 minutes in the second queue to check my details. I was sent to vaccination cubicle immediately with no queuing. Was done there in 5 minutes and then waited for 15 more minutes in the waiting area.

The vaccinator was very helpful. I asked advice about which shoulder to get the shot in as I have a serious enough rotator cuff injury* in my left shoulder that is causing a lot of pain. She said I could get the shot in the right shoulder as I won't be driving any time soon.

* Let that be a lesson to all. Get a proper chair, riser and separate keyboard if using a laptop at home or at work. I learnt the hard way.

How are the days counted from the first vaccine, is day 1 the day you got the first dose or the day after

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Finally!!

I got same today for Friday as well, I’d say PUC is slower than most . Anyway happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

airy fairy wrote: »
    Not much hope here either for this week. On day 30. Was city hall for 1st one.

City hall is fine wife getting her second vaccine on Wednesday and she was a week after me n PUC . I got mine 18th May and second one Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

59, Louth, appointment for 2nd dose of Moderna on Weds 23rd June. Exactly 28 days from 1st dose. Text received last Thursday

forestgirl wrote: »
    How are the days counted from the first vaccine, is day 1 the day you got the first dose or the day after

That depends on which day of the week you got your vaccine done.

Basil3 wrote: »
    That depends on which day of the week you got your vaccine done.

I had mine on Monday May 31st

And why would it depend on what day of the week it was

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

40 and other half 42 Louth, registered 1st June (a few days early) and no appointments yet.

Called hse today 21 days after applying and they said we need to wait till 21 days after our ages became eligible so that will be this Friday and Sunday before they can escalate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭airy fairy

costacorta wrote: »
    City hall is fine wife getting her second vaccine on Wednesday and she was a week after me n PUC . I got mine 18th May and second one Friday

What date did your wife get her first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

42 (March 1979) Dublin 16

Registered Tues 1st
    Text received Mon 21st
    Appt. Thurs 24th
    UCD / Pfizer

DM’d them this morning on Twitter, not sure if that had anything to do with it but yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Meisiekind81

Age 39 (July 1981)
    1st dose
    Text Received 21 June
    Appointment 23 June
    Punchestown

Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Mgit wrote: »
    40 and other half 42 Louth, registered 1st June (a few days early) and no appointments yet.

Called hse today 21 days after applying and they said we need to wait till 21 days after our ages became eligible so that will be this Friday and Sunday before they can escalate.

Same boat- said earlier I know some in their 30's in Louth who got texts today however they're all being sent to other centres like navan etc so fairways must be well behind...still

MizMix wrote: »
    Same boat- said earlier I know some in their 30's in Louth who got texts today however they're all being sent to other centres like navan etc so fairways must be well behind...still

People in 30s with Louth addresses getting appointments already? Are they close to meath border or something? Dundalk is closest to me but wud travel if I had option.

It doesn't, I was joking. One day after your vaccine is one day. One week after is 7 days, etc.

View the day you get it as day 0 if it helps, but it doesn't really matter either way in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Has anyone had their 2nd appointment in a different vaccination center?

My first was in Mallow and my 2nd is in Killarney, I live near Fermoy so it is a bit of a spin down (97kms).

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Mgit wrote: »
    People in 30s with Louth addresses getting appointments already? Are they close to meath border or something? Dundalk is closest to me but wud travel if I had option.

I know- my younger brother has his app and I don't (he registered this weekend and I registered 19 days ago) :mad: He's mid Louth and nowhere near meath- 2/3 miles from the fairways and is being sent to Navan (I guess as the backlong is so long but surely they shouldn't be moving onto them when so many of us in our 40s still have no appointment). I know some north of Dundalk being sent to punchestown and Drogheda (they are 40 though). I tried calling today but they said to ring back Wednesday. Called my GP too but they aren't vaccinating anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭JPup

He's only pulling your leg! You'll be eligible for the second dose from next Monday as far as I know.

krissovo wrote: »
    Has anyone had their 2nd appointment in a different vaccination center?

My first was in Mallow and my 2nd is in Killarney, I live near Fermoy so it is a bit of a spin down (97kms).

People can get sent to a different centre but that's a long way to go. There were issues a few weeks ago with people in Waterford being sent to Killarney and people in Dublin being sent to Waterford. It was an error.

It would be no harm to tweet them or ring the helpline.

• Advertisement

MizMix wrote: »
    I know- my younger brother has his app and I don't (he registered this weekend and I registered 19 days ago) :mad: He's mid Louth and nowhere near meath- 2/3 miles from the fairways and is being sent to Navan (I guess as the backlong is so long but surely they shouldn't be moving onto them when so many of us in our 40s still have no appointment). I know some north of Dundalk being sent to punchestown and Drogheda (they are 40 though). I tried calling today but they said to ring back Wednesday. Called my GP too but they aren't vaccinating anymore.
    It's annoying alright as I've friends same age over West who got vaccinated 2 weeks ago. It proves that appointments are not based on how quick you apply anyway. While at supervalu next to fairways noticed that the vac centre is closed by 6pm anytime I've been there so you'd think vaccine supplies from areas ahead would be given to Louth to get us up to speed.

I hope to have had 2 vaccines by late August so I can travel abroad, at this rate I'm not so confident I will, Spain requires 2 weeks to pass after second vaccine to avoid covid test for entry.

Called gp also and I'm on list in case they have spare from vaccinating people with underlying conditions.

Advertisement