Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Registered early on Sunday 20th June.
    Text today for appointment on Wednesday 23rd June.
    Local MVC seems to be on the ball, my older brother got his first appointment a few days after registering as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Brother:
    Aged 42.
    Appointment Thursday 24th
    UCD
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Orobhsa wrote: »
    Citywest
    2nd Pfizer
    Thursday 24th
    Text last few mins

Same here.
    1st appointment was 22/05/21

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Mr.S wrote: »
    How is this happening if people in early 40’s still haven’t gotten dates!?

Different vaccination centres must be significantly out of sync in terms of age groups.

My personal theory is that bringing forward the second AZ doses has overwhelmed some centres in terms of manpower to actually do the injections, so even though there is enough stock of Pfizer/Moderna to do first injections they are falling behind because of a lack of staff to make use of those doses. While other centres were more constrained by stocks rather than manpower so they had capacity to accommodate the aditional AZ second injections while still flying through the age groups for first injections.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

39, registered Sunday, appt this Wednesday in gorey - I live in wicklow (not complaining its as close to gorey as it is greystones for me)

Getting a Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

airy fairy wrote: »
    What date did your wife get her first?

25 th of May 7 days after I had mine but her second one is on Wednesday 23rd CH and mine is Friday 25thPUC

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Bob24 wrote: »
    Different vaccination centres must be significantly out of sync in terms of age groups.

My personal theory is that bringing forward the second AZ doses has overwhelmed some centres in terms of manpower to actually do the injections, so even though there is enough stock of Pfizer/Moderna to do first injections they are falling behind because of a lack of staff to make use of those doses. While other centres were more constrained by stocks rather than manpower so they had capacity to accommodate the aditional AZ second injections while still flying through the age groups for first injections.

I wouldn't be so sure that's the only reason. There was 900 people in 60s waiting for vaccines in Louth on the 26th of May https://www.newstalk.com/news/hundreds-of-people-aged-60-69-still-waiting-for-covid-19-vaccine-in-co-louth-1200986

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Mgit wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure that's the only reason. There was 900 people in 60s waiting for vaccines in Louth on the 26th of May https://www.newstalk.com/news/hundreds-of-people-aged-60-69-still-waiting-for-covid-19-vaccine-in-co-louth-1200986

That was a computer glitch on a particular registration day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭airy fairy

costacorta wrote: »
    25 th of May 7 days after I had mine but her second one is on Wednesday 23rd CH and mine is Friday 25thPUC

No logic!!
    Husband got his on the 22nd, CH.
    Just checked the portal. Nothing for his second.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Mgit wrote: »

I think the backlog in Louth has been sorted now. A lot of people were sent to Navan or the Helix.

Generally, when looking at why area x of the country is moving faster than area y, you also have to take into account the age profile of that region. If an area has more older people it will appear slower than somewhere with a younger population. That could mean that things will be the opposite when they get to the younger age groups. Places with a lot of younger people will seem slower while places where all the older people are done and dusted will fly through the younger cohort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sarnia

I had my 1st dose in Greystones Centre today. Very well organised - in and out in 40 minutes of which 30 was observation (longer observation for medical reasons). I could see dates of birth of other people vaccinated around the same time - most were Oct, Nov, Dec 1978

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭MizMix

Rket4000 wrote: »
    I think the backlog in Louth has been sorted now. A lot of people were sent to Navan or the Helix.

Generally, when looking at why area x of the country is moving faster than area y, you also have to take into account the age profile of that region. If an area has more older people it will appear slower than somewhere with a younger population. That could mean that things will be the opposite when they get to the younger age groups. Places with a lot of younger people will seem slower while places where all the older people are done and dusted will fly through the younger cohort

The backlog in Louth is far from sorted- anyone I know my age in the area around the main vaccination centre (41/42) still waiting for a text. The ones I know who did get apps have been sent to Navan, punchestown etc in the past week- they all live a little further away but still in Louth. 30 something year olds in Louth getting texts today for centres outside Louth so they're obviously still under pressure to get through the 40-45 cohort and second AZ shot (both my parents also still waiting for that). Doubtful I'll be text tomorrow so I'll need to escalate Wednesday along with a lot of people I know who live beside/close the fairways

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

airy fairy wrote: »
    No logic!!
    Husband got his on the 22nd, CH.
    Just checked the portal. Nothing for his second.

Apologies it was 24th she had first not 25th and she was notified last Thursday . So maybe husband should be this Friday or weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Not me but a friend aged 36 in Meath is getting it from her GP on wednesday.

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Not me but a friend aged 36 in Meath is getting it from her GP on wednesday.

And when is she getting the vaccine? :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Age 39 (July 1981)
    1st dose
    Text Received 21 June
    Appointment 23 June
    Punchestown

Pfizer

I'm the same age as you (happy nearly 40th!). I sneakily registered when the 40 year old were to register. No appointment yet. Helix is my nearest centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Age 39 and registered Sunday 20th when it opened.
    Text received today 21st June for 1st vaccine on Wednesday 23rd June in Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

ladyella wrote: »
    Text received today 21st June for 1st vaccine on Wednesday 23rd June in Punchestown.

That is some turnaround!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭spakman

ladyella wrote: »

Great for you, but its also getting ridiculous! Im 41 and waiting 17 days for notification of an appointment, still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tfeldi

42 year old, South Dublin, registered on first day - no appointment yet

• Advertisement

So phoned HSE helpline this morning. They said you must wait 5 days after day 28 for your appointment for 2nd Pfizer vaccine which is bull considering many here have got their 2nd jab on Day 29- so what really happens if you cancel your vaccine appointment because you can’t make it? Do you get lost in the system? Has anyone tried to reschedule? I think I’d likely phone rather than cancel by text just to see if I could get an alternative date over the phone but interested to hear “rescheduling” stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

So phoned HSE helpline this morning. They said you must wait 5 days after day 28 for your appointment for 2nd Pfizer vaccine which is bull considering many here have got their 2nd jab on Day 29- so what really happens if you cancel your vaccine appointment because you can’t make it? Do you get lost in the system? Has anyone tried to reschedule? I think I’d likely phone rather than cancel by text just to see if I could get an alternative date over the phone but interested to hear “rescheduling” stories.

I rescheduled last Tuesday and I’m still waiting on a new appointment. I’m now at day 31 since dose 1. I’ve called everyday and my case was escalated on Friday but there’s still no news on a new time and they say it can take up to 3 weeks. My first dose was Moderna so I think it’s harder to get a date as it’s done less often.

I rang before I text but they said there was nothing they could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

tfeldi wrote: »
    42 year old, South Dublin, registered on first day - no appointment yet

Same age bracket but Northside and no appointment still. I rang the helpline and it turned out there was a problem with my eir code so they couldnt match me to a vax centre. The lad fixed it so hoping to finally get called now. I'm 20 days registered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

aidom wrote: »
    I rescheduled last Tuesday and I’m still waiting on a new appointment. I’m now at day 31 since dose 1. I’ve called everyday and my case was escalated on Friday but there’s still no news on a new time and they say it can take up to 3 weeks. My first dose was Moderna so I think it’s harder to get a date as it’s done less often.

It is 23 days since my first dose and I came to this thread to ask whether I should have got a text for my second appointment by now.

And now I see that some people are not getting a second appointment.

So thank you to those posting about that for making me aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It is 23 days since my first dose and I came to this thread to ask whether I should have got a text for my second appointment by now.

That person had a second appointment but they rescheduled. They would have been done by now if they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

1954, age 67

2nd Jab confirmed Fri 25th

Helix, Astra Zen

Nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

1st dose : 25th May
    2nd Dose : 26th June (32 days between jabs)
    Received text last Friday 18th June
    MVC : Aviva (for both)
    Flavour : Pfizer

Exact same details as the above for a mate of mine too, though his first jab and appointment for 2nd are in the afternoon, where mine were (and will be) in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

OH has now received an appointment for 2nd dose of Pfizer in PUC Cork for Fri 25th which will be 37 days after her 1st vaccine.

I have an appointment for my 2nd dose of Pfizer in City Hall for 23rd, 31 days after my first.

Yes be prepared to wait up to day 33-35 before getting an appointment

• Advertisement

aidom wrote: »

Cheers thanks for that- I just have to sit and wait and see what date they give me and decide at that point what to do

Advertisement