Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

I have a theory on why some of us are waiting on a date for jab2 after day 28. I reckon a lot of people declined their appointments for AZ in the hope of getting Pfizer.

I have a theory on why some of us are waiting on a date for jab2 after day 28. I reckon a lot of people declined their appointments for AZ in the hope of getting Pfizer.

It's very silly if they are, mixing of vaccines is not authorised here so they will just continue to be offered AZ. It won't impact the rollout of Pfizer doses.

Possibly, they won't get Pfizer until the winter top up though
    New appointment will always be the same as first
    They must be thick

Its more to do really with the speeded up timetable for Az dose 2
    Thats taking up spaces
    Only for the next month or so
    It should speed up again then for the 30 somethings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So a lot of friends In the age group 45 + currently waiting beyond the 4 weeks for second dose. A few who got it earlier have appointments received alright but a lot should be getting it this week and most don’t even a text yet . So it’s definitely going to be 5 weeks for a lot of people. Most waiting for second moderna .
    It seems the centre is spilt trying to administer second doses of all 3 vaccines . Certain Days for different ones which is causing a backlog. First jabs seem to have stalled completely due to huge amount of second jabs to be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Age 42 (1978)
    Live Celbridge
    Appointment Thur 24/06
    Punchestown
    Nearly 3 weeks from the Reg Date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

The Mulk wrote: »
    Age 42 (1978)
    Live Celbridge
    Appointment Thur 24/06
    Punchestown
    Nearly 3 weeks from the Reg Date

same.

had been on the portal as Citywest until just now when i got an apt for Punchestown.

sure they could nearly organise a bus for us all :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

daheff wrote: »
    same.

had been on the portal as Citywest until just now when i got an apt for Punchestown.

A few pints in Hayden's afterwards;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eimyrja

daheff wrote: »
    same.

my portal is just saying "Awaiting appointment 1" but there is no indication about a vaccination centre I am assigned to. Should I be worried?

I am 40, Dublin and signed up on the day it opened, hence waiting for over 2 weeks now.

Flying Fox wrote: »
    It's very silly if they are, mixing of vaccines is not authorised here so they will just continue to be offered AZ. It won't impact the rollout of Pfizer doses.

No it’s more that people when they got their first AZ appointment but head that Pfizer was on its way to their vaccination centre that they cancelled their AZ appointment in the hope of getting a Pfizer jab instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Same age bracket but Northside and no appointment still. I rang the helpline and it turned out there was a problem with my eir code so they couldnt match me to a vax centre. The lad fixed it so hoping to finally get called now. I'm 20 days registered .

What was the issue do you know? I heard there was an issue with people who left spaces in their Eircode. Trying to figure it out before my husband registers tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Eimyrja wrote: »
    my portal is just saying "Awaiting appointment 1" but there is no indication about a vaccination centre I am assigned to. Should I be worried?

I am 40, Dublin and signed up on the day it opened, hence waiting for over 2 weeks now.
    Presumably they will assign your vaccination centre when they give you an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I think people get assigned a centre in the background and then when a slot is free there it goes to the oldest on the list and works down.

Ideally it would give people the option of waiting for their local centre or travelling. That way we wouldn’t see 42 year olds in west Dublin waiting and 37 year olds done elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Toulouse wrote: »
    What was the issue do you know? I heard there was an issue with people who left spaces in their Eircode. Trying to figure it out before my husband registers tomorrow.

I was curious about the same as I tend to put the space between the two segments. The helpful person I spoke to didn't see anything amiss with my details on the system.

I'll pursue it further if I have nothing by Thursday. I presume I am in the Citywest logjam.

I don't get why they're having issues with how the eircodes are entered. Once you type it in it brings up your address and you click a button to confirm it's correct. So they've already got the right one linked on the system. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sitting in observation area in City West after 2nd of AZ . Just a heads up the queue was massive for anyone arriving . It was out in the car park and down along the hedge
    But very slick and organised , from out in the car park , through the tent , into the reception and snaking all around it was 40 mins from car park to vaccinated !!
    Delighted with myself !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is anyone getting their 2nd Pfizer dose in the Aviva this week?
    If so, what was the interval since your 1st dose?

According to a 28 day interval, we would be due to receive our 2nd dose on Saturday, but I'm no longer confident of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

Age 48 Celbridge
    Registered 18 May

1st pfzier jab 30th may citywest

2nd pfzier jab due Saturday 26th Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Flying Fox wrote: »
    I don't get why they're having issues with how the eircodes are entered. Once you type it in it brings up your address and you click a button to confirm it's correct. So they've already got the right one linked on the system. Very odd.

Me neither. Anyway, the helpline confirmed to leave the space in your eircode in case anyone is confused.

Me neither. Anyway, the helpline confirmed to leave the space in your eircode in case anyone is confused.

Good to know, thanks. I left the space so feel better now!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

OH 1978 / 42
    Maynooth

Reg 4th June
    Appointment 24th June
    Punchestown
    Pfizer

Clear whole batch went out for North Kildare and now going to Punchestown for a day's racing instead of Citywest where I went (44, 13th June, Pfizer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Other half 42, closest location dundalk, checked portal and appointment for Helix in dublin on Saturday, registered since 1st June. Obviously a big backlog in dundalk. I'm 40 and nothing in portal yet. Not ideal to need to go to Dublin but good to get at least one if us done.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

josip wrote: »
    Is anyone getting their 2nd Pfizer dose in the Aviva this week?
    If so, what was the interval since your 1st dose?

According to a 28 day interval, we would be due to receive our 2nd dose on Saturday, but I'm no longer confident of that.

Getting mine on Saturday. 32 days after my first. Was expecting my 2nd one to be today as lots seemed to be exactly 4 weeks....

I got my text for Saturday last Friday, as did a mate of mine who had first dose same day as me.

I know a few who are going to Aviva on Saturday and heard back end of last week, so I wouldn't be too hopeful of a Saturday appointment at this stage for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

2nd jab AZ yesterday in PUC in cork (park Ui Chaoibh)
    Very busy yesterday.PUC slick operation despite
    How busy it was car park felt it was like a day on a Sunday match inside you could not notice the crowds . All done in 30 min

45+
    1st Jab =1st April
    2nd Jab =21st June

• Registered Users Posts: 68,773 ✭✭✭✭L1011

(not me)
    44, registered first day June 3rd, got appointment for Thursday in Punchestown. So the full three weeks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I just called them. All my details are correct, no Eircode issues etc. Today is day 21, they told me to call back 5 days after day 21 to get it escalated. I'm almost certainly Citywest, so just a waiting game now.

I don't feel entitled to anything, grateful to get it when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Meisiekind81

eimaj18 wrote: »
    I'm the same age as you (happy nearly 40th!). I sneakily registered when the 40 year old were to register. No appointment yet. Helix is my nearest centre.

Happy nearly 40th to you too!
    I also registered a bit early (only 6 days early) but was very surprised to get my text yesterday. Immediately cancelled a meeting with a client. Priorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Night owl gal

Got first vaccine 8th April
    Just got an appointment for the second one, on the 2nd of July
    Vaccine: AZ
    With underlying conditions

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Got first vaccine 8th April
    Just got an appointment for the second one, on 29th June
    Vaccine: AZ
    With underlying conditions

Yay!

You are like me . Never thought I’d be so delighted to get txt confirmation for 2nd jab .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Locotastic wrote: »
    Any idea what age they are on in Punchestown at the moment?

40+ age today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bob24 wrote: »
    Different vaccination centres must be significantly out of sync in terms of age groups.
    North/North-West Dublin, Kildare, Meath & South-West Dublin are the four youngest regions of the country by population. So it would make sense that they would have growing backlogs as we hit the 40s, while some other regions are powering ahead.
    Hence why Citywest and the Helix seem slow enough.

The registration should have included a question about whether someone needed the centre closest to them or if they were willing to travel 100km. Spread the load a bit. I'd be more than happy to go to Punchestown or Bray from South Dublin.

Advertisement