Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Iteration1

Received a text last Saturday to say appointment in Portlaoise Sat 26th (born 1980, registered through portal whatever day it opened for that age group). Got a text today that it's been cancelled and a new appointment will be scheduled in the coming weeks. Annoying, as I had to cancel prior engagements to attend on Saturday. Wouldn't mind but the reason I didn't attempt a reschedule was just dumb patriotic duty :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Qrt wrote: »
    Just back from a test in Citywest, Christ the traffic is something else. Guards directing people in and out of the entrance, Saggart village at a complete standstill. Dump the car if you can and walk!

Is the queue to just park in there anyway before walking somewhere or is there dedicated drive-in bays like the testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Text received: 18th June
    Appointment: 25th June (31 days after first dose)
    MVC: Aviva
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Anyone know what time the Aviva begin their first clinic at? I'm scheduled in the afternoon but hoping they can take me earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I got a text earlier for the appointment of my second dose. It is late in the evening at the one time in the day that I have something to do.

I called the HSE and was told they can’t change the time. And that cancelling could mean as much as another three weeks to get a new appointment.

So is there a way to change the time? And would cancelling it really cause such a delay in getting a new appointment? And would would such a delay nullify the first dose?

I will keep the appointment if it can’t be rescheduled. Just very annoying that with all the days where there nothing happening the pick thr one day and time I had to be somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SidewalkSafari

david200 wrote: »
    Just checked the Portal and I see that my second Pfizer appointment has just been set up. No text yet, but will update the post if that arrives. ( It was exactly this day 28 days ago that I got notified of my first Pfizer appointment).

Appointment is again at Aviva Stadium, Monday 28th June, PM. First dose was Sunday 30th May, AM, so that is 29 days between doses. Age 47, South Dublin.

** Text came 1 hour after seeing the appointment in the portal**

exact same deets here for my 1st and 2nd doses. I might see you at Aviva :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I just realised the second appointment is in a different pace to where I got the first dose. Is that normal?

I thought it was based on where we live but this second appointment is actually quite far.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I got a text earlier for the appointment of my second dose. It is late in the evening at the one time in the day that I have something to do.

I called the HSE and was told they can’t change the time. And that cancelling could mean as much as another three weeks to get a new appointment.

So is there a way to change the time? And would cancelling it really cause such a delay in getting a new appointment? And would would such a delay nullify the first dose?

I will keep the appointment if it can’t be rescheduled. Just very annoying that with all the days where there nothing happening the pick thr one day and time I had to be somewhere else.

I think it's been discussed already - as long as you go on the same day, they don't strictly follow the time slot. So you could go few hours early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I'd just go earlier. A colleague of mine went on time and the person beside them was 6 hours early for their appointment. They both left at the same time, vaccinated, not a word said.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Got my text this evening too

Registered 2nd June
    Vaccine 1 Citywest Tuesday 6pm

Anyone been out there around that time lately?
    What's the traffic like?
    OH not impressed that it's at 6 incase we're not home for the football 🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Appt 2!

Next Tuesday at Aviva

Born 1974

Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So, just to clarify.
    Asked for appointment on Monday 14th June at local health center via email
    Received appointment Monday 21st for Today 24th.
    Appointment Number 2 given for 22nd July.
    Vaccine given Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 2 helloitsme

Appointment 1
    Text received: 24th June
    Appointment: 29th June, 08.25 (registered 2nd June )
    MVC: Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Senature

Text received: none yet
    Appointment: 28th June
    MVC: Citywest

At last!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Himself
    Registered as soon as allowed.
    Apt 29 june
    Notified 24 june ( text arrived about an hour after portal update)
    UCD
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Idioteque wrote: »
    Is the queue to just park in there anyway before walking somewhere or is there dedicated drive-in bays like the testing?

It was to drive into the car park, there’s no drive-in vaccination or anything. Not worth the hassle imo. Best off parking at Cheeverstown or Citywest SC and walking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭prunudo

Great to see so many early 40s finally getting their appointment notifications today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 banana_skin

Flying Fox wrote: »
    In Cork, City Hall and PUC each have capacity of 3k per day. The other four centres are smaller, so it's probably fair to estimate about 1k each. That's 10k per day for Cork overall.

In Dublin, The Helix and Citywest can do 5k per day each, Aviva 3k and Croker and UCD 1k each. That's 15k for Dublin overall.

So from my rough calculations here, Dublin has 2.5 times the population of Cork but only 1.5 times the vaccine capacity. Add in the previous issues with neighbouring counties Louth and Meath being underserved, and it's no wonder Dublin is so far behind. Seems to me this could have been planned out a lot better.

City Hall - 3k
    PUC - 3k
    Mallow - 1k
    Clon/Bantry - 1k (open alternate days)
    MTU - 1k (commencing 24th)

So Cork currently has 8k per day capacity, rising to 9k next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joanne121

Anyone know what is being done in the Galway racecourse next week? I expected to be called by now for my second but no word.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Joanne121 wrote: »
    Anyone know what is being done in the Galway racecourse next week? I expected to be called by now for my second but no word.

On this
    What will be done around the time of the Galway Races ........

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Text received: 22nd June
    Appointment: 26th June
    MVC: Sligo Vaccination Centre (IT Sligo), Ballinode (not "Bellanode" as the text indicates)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Anyone here in their 40's that got a text for 2nd appointment in the Court Hotel Tullamore. I got my 1st vaccine on May 31st and checking the portal a few times a day for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Was due in Portlaoise for first dose tomorrow - cancelled by HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it might sound sad but getting my appointment date today and seeing all the others getting their appointments has given me a bit of a lift if I’m honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Text received: 23rd June
    Appointment: 28th June
    MVC: City Hall, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

I registered with shortened version of my first name (foreign). I'm just thinking it was bad idea and should have typed exactly as it is in my ID. Anyone made the same mistake and knows how to rectify?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Yourmama wrote: »
    I registered with shortened version of my first name (foreign). I'm just thinking it was bad idea and should have typed exactly as it is in my ID. Anyone made the same mistake and knows how to rectify?

Ring the helpline on 1800700700. They were a great help in fixing a mistake I made.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know it might sound sad but getting my appointment date today and seeing all the others getting their appointments has given me a bit of a lift if I’m honest.

Why would that sound sad? I'd be more worried if it didn't give me a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Itssoeasy wrote: »

When the GP rang me yesterday saying we've a spare doses I just said yeah I'll be there in 5 minutes. The feeling walking over was just fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Unicorn55

Friend 1
    Wicklow (Greystones)
    First Pfizer appointment tomorrow

Friend 2
    Roscommon (Abbey Hotel)
    First Pfizer-BioNTech appointment next week.

Great to be working down into the 30's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Me and Sister
    36 and 38
    2nd Pfizer Vaccine 30/6
    GP Cork

Dad
    2nd AZ 01/07
    City Hall Cork
    Just after 9 weeks after dose one

Advertisement