Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

tcif wrote: »
    Can I ask how are you logging in? Or anyone else who's logged in? I've just registered today but I can see any login option on the portal site (OH waiting a week now and more curious for their sake, to check for an update). Thanks

17 days now waiting. Roscommon/East Galway. Hang on long enough I might get the one shot J&J.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

JimmyVik wrote: »
    What if they change your appointment but offer you the same vaccine again :)
    I'd say there is a good chance this will happen. If it does I would request another re-schedule.

Bella3005 wrote: »
    I'd say there is a good chance this will happen. If it does I would request another re-schedule.

Probably not that likely, we have much lower stocks of J&J than the other vaccines at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Bella3005 wrote: »

FYI you can only reschedule twice. You can't keep rescheduling because you think one vaccine is better than the other (it isn't by the way)

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/user-guide/texts-and-emails-you-will-get/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

FYI you can only reschedule twice. You can't keep rescheduling because you think one vaccine is better than the other (it isn't by the way)
    Thanks for heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

is_that_so wrote: »
    There should be an "Already have an account" link at the bottom of the registration page.

Thanks very much (and to PC7), I have it now. Was looking originally at the main portal page. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

21 days now since registering for the vaccine at Dundalk Fairways. No contact so far. Portal says you will be contacted within three weeks, so that date's just up. Yet I'm aware of someone whose 58 and got their first vaccination at the same centre. Is it those that shout loudest (keep ringing) that get moved up the list I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭thebiglad

52 - Registered 03 May. Appointment Friday May 21st - Citywest - Pfizer - just received text.

because you think one vaccine is better than the other (it isn't by the way)

That's a matter of opinion
    Some vaccines are 90% plus overall effacy others are less
    But I'd agree, for most people, best advice is to take what you are offered
    Its not a good idea in my opinion to base not taking a vaccine on its score on 24hr side effects

• Registered Users Posts: 29,332 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

53 - Dublin - registered last Monday, got text this Monday teatime, just got first jab this afternoon in Aviva (Pfizer).

Great feeling!

• Advertisement

quodec wrote: »
    21 days now since registering for the vaccine at Dundalk Fairways. No contact so far. Portal says you will be contacted within three weeks, so that date's just up. Yet I'm aware of someone whose 58 and got their first vaccination at the same centre. Is it those that shout loudest (keep ringing) that get moved up the list I wonder?

Have you tried looking on the portal? Follow the link at the bottom for people who are already registered.

Some people never got a text but found their appointment on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

3 of my 51 year old friends -all of them except for me! ;( have received today vaccine appointments for this Saturday having registered last week.
    Aviva - j&j

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Good to see them down to the 51s. At this rate they should be into the 40s next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bwdbwd

emrys wrote: »
    3 of my 51 year old friends -all of them except for me! ;( have received today vaccine appointments for this Saturday having registered last week.
    Aviva - j&j

Where are your friends based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

OH is 50 and getting the J&J in City Hall Cork on Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm gobsmacked!
    I got first appointment last night around 6pm yesterday & Rescheduled it around 8pm. Got text today at 3:14pm with new appointment

Sat 22nd May at 9:40am
    Helix
    Janssen

Rescheduled 3:35PM. I'm not expecting to be offered different vaccine until Helix changes from J&J, most likely when mid 40s are being done in a few weeks

Its not a good idea in my opinion to base not taking a vaccine on its score on 24hr side effects

Not going to repeat what was discussed on the vaccine thread last night. Real world data is better than trial data

emrys wrote: »
    Aviva - j&j

I’m 51 and got my appointment today for the J&J at the Aviva on Saturday.

Two other friends and a colleague the same.

It sounds like they have just released a batch and are in the process of getting the appointments out.

People really need to go and read up on how the efficacy figures are arrived at though.
    I know so many people thinking that efficacy is the chances of you getting the virus. I just tell them to look it up because i couldnt be bothered explaining to anyone ever again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Hi guys
    I got my 1st vaccination on Fri 26th March.
    I seem t have lost the bit of paper they gave me after it saying that I had it.
    Some questions in relation to this:

1/will I need to be bale to produce the bit of paper (sorry, dont know what to call it....) when I get called for the 2nd shot?
    2/anybody know where/who I should contact to see if I can get a replacement bit of paper stating I had it?
    3/I got the astra venecca one, got my 1st vaccination on Fri 26th March, any ideas when I might be getting called the the 2nd shot?

Many thanks in advance!
    cheers
    BB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

quodec wrote: »
    A poster, 60, earlier on this thread said they just got called to DIFE in Drogheda. It seems to be slower in that part of the country, parts of Meath too, by all accounts. I'd say the HSE helpline are due a call though!

People really need to go and read up on how the efficacy figures are arrived at though.
    I know so many people thinking that efficacy is the chances of you getting the virus. I just tell them to look it up because i couldnt be bothered explaining to anyone ever again :)

Starting to feel like that myself, can be like banging your head against a brick wall

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

They said you need to bring it.
    Phone the help line
    End of June.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm gobsmacked!
    I got first appointment last night around 6pm yesterday & Rescheduled it around 8pm. Got text today at 3:14pm with new appointment

Sat 22nd May at 9:40am
    Helix
    Janssen

Rescheduled 3:35PM. I'm not expecting to be offered different vaccine until Helix changes from J&J, most likely when mid 40s are being done in a few weeks
    Interesting, is there no way to tell them that you are opting out of AZ/J&J and waiting for an mRNA one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I did the same, I probably lost it somewhere in the Aviva just after getting my jab. I rang the HSE helpline and they told me I would get a new one issued when I go for my second jab, and all the information was on the system so it wasn't really that important.

A poster, 60, earlier on this thread said they just got called to DIFE in Drogheda. It seems to be slower in that part of the country, parts of Meath too, by all accounts. I'd say the HSE helpline are due a call though!

They are most likely going much faster in the most populated areas though compared to less populated.
    Probably a few reasons for that. Like more staff and centers and also that it makes sens to put more effort into speed of vaccination in more populated areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Interesting, is there no way to tell them that you are opting out of AZ/J&J and waiting for an mRNA one?

Doesn't seem to be. I was told to keep rescheduling until my choice comes up. My vaccine center is Helix. They using J&J there now due to the age group at the moment. When it gets to mid 40s in a few weeks who aren't allowed J&J or AZ then I will be offered something else

I wont be posting updates if I get daily appointments but will report back when there is new news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks guys!
    So I called the COVID-19 helpline on 1850 24 1850 and they said pretty much as Alun said, its not a big deal, I dont need it, just wait for the next appointment and it will be fine.
    re as to when it will be, as I have T1 diabetes it should be the 12 weeks, so for me around the 26th June.
    So if you have lost it, you dont need to panic!
    cheers

They are most likely going much faster in the most populated areas though compared to less populated.
    Probably a few reasons for that. Like more staff and centers and also that it makes sens to put more effort into speed of vaccination in more populated areas.
    Well, Drogheda & Dundalk combined would account for well above 100K with their catchment areas. The Dundalk one may be able to do 120 an hour, but the new one in Drogheda at most 1,500 a week. There's also one in Navan at maybe 1200 a day but that's still multiple times smaller than the big Dublin ones, in a county with 200K people. That said, I know some in the south of the county who are being called to The Helix. TBH I'd expect things to stay much the same until pharmacies and GPs come in on it in June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭beachhead

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be. I was told to keep rescheduling until my choice comes up. My vaccine center is Helix. They using J&J there now due to the age group at the moment. When it gets to mid 40s in a few weeks who aren't allowed J&J or AZ then I will be offered something else

I wont be posting updates if I get daily appointments but will report back when there is new news
    HSE website says you can reschedule up to a max of 3 times

Advertisement