Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I registered and think I verified my email but honestly cannot remember.

Anyone know if you get a second email once you verify? Or did everyone just get the 1 asking for them to verify it?

Cheers

Oh and if you are outside dublin - just call your GP and ask for one - my entire family in different locations all vaccinated ahead of their age, all it took was a quick phone call.

Just the one. I think you need to verify it before you can enter your details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

40 year old, south west Dublin, registered over 4 weeks ago and still no appointment. Unsure what is going on in Citywest.

I'll be waiting for a bit so. 35 in same location.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭CiboC

secman wrote: »
    Citywest is running at full capacity 7 days a week, most of last week was 2nd dose AZ then switched back to 2nd dose Pfizer yesterday. Back to 2nd dose AZ tomorrow, my appointment is for 6pm tomorrow. A colleague was there yesterday for 2nd Pfizer

Does anyone know where around Dublin they are doing Pfizer tomorrow or Saturday? I have an appointment for Sunday for 2nd Pfizer jab but I have to go abroad (yes, essential travel!) on Saturday evening.

I called into the Aviva this morning but they aren't doing Pfizer until Sunday, otherwise they would have one me today.

So far it seems from reading here that it's the Helix or Fairyhouse - anyone know about UCD / Croke Park / Greystones? Are there Pfizer shots being done there tomorrow? I'd travel pretty much anywhere around Dublin to get it done before I have to leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2nd Shot Tuesday 6th of July (1st 6th of June)
    Pfizer, Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Husband, 1972, got 2nd Pfizer this morning, PUC Cork, 40 days after 1st jab in CH. Literally jabbed 5 mins in the door, and 15 mins wait. Steady stream of people going in and out. Marvelous to see.
    Passed CH later and seemed busy compared to other days, definitely doing Astra Zeneca there due to the age of people in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Age 47

First Dose:
    Registered 21/05
    Portal Updated Today
    Vaccine Sunday 6th
    Centre - Castlebar
    Living Mayo
    Pfizer

2nd Dose:
    Portal Updated Today
    Date Monday 5th July (31 Days)
    Centre - Castlebar
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Misb222

1982 born South (west-ish) Dublin. I am not far from citywest and had assumed that I would be directed there.
    Registered Friday 18th of June.
    1st dose 7 July UCD Pfizer.
    UCD is doing AZ for the rest of this week.
    Edited: no text received, appointment appeared on the portal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭John Horgan

Is there a delay in City West?
    Just wondering cause I never heard anything yet.
    It also seems that people are getting their appointments a lot quicker outside of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

I'm starting to get really pissed off waiting for appointment at city west hearing of people I know 2/3 years younger all getting vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tickybob

Appointment: Weds 7th July
    Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNtech
    Dose: 1

Delighted!

---

A few details:

I never got a text. Only saw it because I checked online.

Strangely enough my brother who is 2 years younger also got his appointment today, also at UCD, 10 mins before mine. But my sister-in-law who is a few years older than him, same address, no appointment for her yet. Not really sure how they're doing it, seems a bit random.

A lot of friends all got their appointments today (no texts yet, they checked online). So it seems they're now getting to the late 30s in UCD area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 SeamusCarbad

Signed up on the 6th June - 39ish

The appointment is on the website - no text yet

Aviva
    7th July

Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I hope they open it up soon for us 30-34 year old. I really want to get in before they force AZ & JJ on to us.

I did have a blood test done to see if there was any blot clot concerns but because of the HSE hack, I won't get these results and I'm not comfortable getting AZ or J&J without the reinsurance of a clear result.

I think you are not alone thinking along those lines. I am not convinced they’ll force in onto the younger cohorts though. I think most if not all other EU counties are not doing that, and they’d be quite a bit of pushback if they were doing it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Ladybird25 wrote: »
    Weren't the putting the vaccines in pharmacies to >50 years old? Have they changed this already?

J&J is what most are giving to that age cohort.

I was very surprised to learn that pfizer is being given in pharmacies at all but was great to hear but yeah I didn't hear it announced. Can only help to have avenues to vaccines, particularly after mvc's are cracking on with second doses for the 60s decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭kerplun k

kerplun k wrote: »
    I’m the same as you. 37. I registered early on the 18th of June. I was checking online everyday. Opened it today and seen I have an appointment in UCD for Tuesday. I didn’t get a message either.

I’m living in Dublin 16, so I thought I would have got an appointment for citywest. Anyhews, happy to have a date. Pfizer As well.

Texts seem to be going out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭myfreespirit

Appointment: Tues 6th July
    Vaccine: AstraZeneca
    Dose: Second dose, 8 weeks and 3 days after the first dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

Text: 1st July
    Appointment: 7th July

Delighted! I hope I won't get cancelled or second dose delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

J&J is what most are giving to that age cohort.

I was very surprised to learn that pfizer is being given in pharmacies at all but was great to hear but yeah I didn't hear it announced. Can only help to have avenues to vaccines, particularly after mvc's are cracking on with second doses for the 60s decade.

I'd say they'll do Pfizer only for a few weeks in the pharmacies and then swap to AZ and Jansen now that the age range has dropped for both and they'll leave mRNAs for the MVC's. It made sense for them to do Pfizer when there was no demand for Jansen.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

tickybob wrote: »
    Appointment: Weds 7th July

Delighted!

---

A few details:

I never got a text. Only saw it because I checked online.

Strangely enough my brother who is 2 years younger also got his appointment today, also at UCD, 10 mins before mine. But my sister-in-law who is a few years older than him, same address, no appointment for her yet. Not really sure how they're doing it, seems a bit random.

A lot of friends all got their appointments today (no texts yet, they checked online). So it seems they're now getting to the late 30s in UCD area.
    Just got the same location and date, born 1986.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lenovo1

Cork
    Registered last week.
    No appointment.
    Most lads my age and much younger seem to have it in the last few weeks or an appointment this week. Doctors calling lads in their 20s etc.

Was away for a good few years so don't have the contacts in Ireland which seem to be how it's being done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Claiomh

lenovo1 wrote: »
    Cork
    Registered last week.
    No appointment.
    Most lads my age and much younger seem to have it in the last few weeks or an appointment this week. Doctors calling lads in their 20s etc.

Was away for a good few years so don't have the contacts in Ireland which seem to be how it's being done now.

Have a look around for pharmacies in Cork doing it - there are plenty advertising it on Facebook. Two friends of mine in same cohort got done last week in Carrigtwohill. Douglas Road also seems to be doing Pfizer and you may get done earlier than waiting. Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Bodeen330

Helix
    6th July
    2nd. AZ .

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Claiomh wrote: »
    Have a look around for pharmacies in Cork doing it - there are plenty advertising it on Facebook. Two friends of mine in same cohort got done last week in Carrigtwohill. Douglas Road also seems to be doing Pfizer and you may get done earlier than waiting. Hope that helps!

Douglas Road Dr or pharmacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

lenovo1 wrote: »
    Cork
    Registered last week.
    No appointment.

Yeah. It's done through contacts indeed.

Somehow I managed to get one appointment being a non national with no contacts in hse.

Did you apply through normal channels or did you expect gp appointment out of nowhere?

Doctors calling young lads in 20s etc? What etc means in this case? and you still wait?

You just applied last week, like few days ago. Just wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

Dublin beginning to move to the under 40s.

Lots of people I know born in 1982/1983 got notified of appointments for either Aviva or UCD today. All Pfizer and all next Wednesday. Not all got a text so might be worth checking the portal if you are in the area and age range.

Dublin beginning to move to the under 40s.

Lots of people I know born in 1982/1983 got notified of appointments for either Aviva or UCD today. All Pfizer and all next Wednesday. Not all got a text so might be worth checking the portal if you are in the area and age range.

Helix were doing 37 year olds today (including me!). Friends who are only a few months younger are still waiting for an appointment though.

Citywest still seems way behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yaknowski

Flying Fox wrote: »

Citywest still seems way behind.

Yeah, myself 39 & wife 40, still waiting having registered on 02 June. Living in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Claiomh

Douglas Road Dr or pharmacy?

Douglas Road Pharmacy I think. Plenty of them are advertising in on Facebook (just search pharmacy pfizer 35) but another good starting point is the HSE list of places doing Jansson - not all are getting Pfizer but if you try calling around the places listed there you should find some doing Pfizer. If you can travel, theres also Kinsale and a few in Tipperary that seem to be offering it too - hope thats of some use!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Second dose AZ scheduled for Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭carloscorreia

Text: 1st July
    Appointment: Tuesday 6th July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 lenovo1

wonski wrote: »
    Yeah. It's done through contacts indeed.

Somehow I managed to get one appointment being a non national with no contacts in hse.

Did you apply through normal channels or did you expect gp appointment out of nowhere?

Doctors calling young lads in 20s etc? What etc means in this case? and you still wait?

You just applied last week, like few days ago. Just wait.

I've applied via the normal way.

I don't have a gp doing vaccines.

I wasn't aware until reading on here yesterday that pharmacies were doing vaccines for the 35 to 40.

I'm not on Facebook. I understand that the government were rolling out vaccines on an age base and was happy to wait my turn. Obviously people who are higher risk getting priority.

However I was naive, loads of people are getting a call. I should have been calling around checking Facebook and Boards for how to get one quicker.

Advertisement