Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

44-1977
    1st dose pfizer Monday 7th June
    Text 6pm today for 2nd dose this Monday, 5th, Sligo IT
    (Had checked portal lunch time, wasn't up)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Husband

Text: Still nothing on the portal
    Appointment: Saturday 3rd July
    Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNtech
    Dose: 1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

astrofool wrote: »
    Registered 1st June (born 1981 but 39)
    No text received
    Logged on today and saw appointment 1 for Tuesday 6th July in UCD (filled in consent and medical questions without a problem)
    When I rang last week they said I was assigned to CityWest so something is changing there
    Pfizer

Just as an update, text eventually came through at 18:46.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭AhhHere

Toulouse wrote: »
    Husband

What pharmacy did you go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

CiboC wrote: »
    Does anyone know where around Dublin they are doing Pfizer tomorrow or Saturday? I have an appointment for Sunday for 2nd Pfizer jab but I have to go abroad (yes, essential travel!) on Saturday evening.

I called into the Aviva this morning but they aren't doing Pfizer until Sunday, otherwise they would have one me today.

So far it seems from reading here that it's the Helix or Fairyhouse - anyone know about UCD / Croke Park / Greystones? Are there Pfizer shots being done there tomorrow? I'd travel pretty much anywhere around Dublin to get it done before I have to leave!

Your GP might be able to help.

• Advertisement

Toulouse wrote: »
    Husband

Really, mother in law is a pharmacist and she was only saying they didn't get the go ahead yet, mind you wasn't chatting today so may have changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Really, mother in law is a pharmacist and she was only saying they didn't get the go ahead yet, mind you wasn't chatting today so may have changed since.

Tullyallen pharmacy have a picture of them vaccinating a guy with Pfizer on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭dockysher

35 year old
    Got it on 29th June
    pharmacy salthill, Galway
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Text received: Now
    Appointment: 1st July
    MVC: PUC
    Vaccine: Pfizer

In and out today in under 30 mins! Serious set up to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

There’s photos on Facebook of pharmacies that have gotten their Pfizer supply during the week and have already started. There’s one person on this thread that got it today so they’re clearly doing it since mid-week and more power to them. The whole idea is to get vaccines in arms. Ridiculous that the HSE would have Pharmacies sitting on supplies and not using them. If they have the capacity to roll it out themselves then I don’t see why they should be waiting for go ahead from the big boss. Judging from the take-up (and most pharmacies I spoke to are sticking to the cohort currently being vaccinated) it’s a much needed service and may even help the MVCs sort out second doses without delaying those waiting for their first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Helix were doing 37 year olds today (including me!). Friends who are only a few months younger are still waiting for an appointment though.

Citywest still seems way behind.

Agree 100% with this. I’m 41 this month, registered on 6th June and got my text on Tuesday for my first Pfizer dose this Sunday 4th July. HSE helpline told me to be patient, it’s three weeks between registration and appointment. It’s 4 weeks for me so they’re definitely slower than elsewhere. Husband is also 40, registered same day as me and still hasn’t got an appointment.

Can’t believe so many in their 30’s are getting appointments already. There must be a recent huge supply received so they’re rolling them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

1st doese done: 1st July
    2nd dose: 29th July

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

How long is the second dose taking to get booked in? I'm at 29 days today since my first Pfizer dose..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

How exactly are people registering to get a Pfizer vaccine in a chemist by the way?

Born in 81, still no sign of an appointment in citywest.......

Stark wrote: »
    Tullyallen pharmacy have a picture of them vaccinating a guy with Pfizer on their Facebook page.

She corrected me this morning, it was the J&J they could not give

But seems Donnelly announced they could go ahead with that one.

How exactly are people registering to get a Pfizer vaccine in a chemist by the way?

Chat to the local pharmacy seems to be a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

37 South Dublin registered Tuesday 22nd June - no text, nothing on portal.
    Wife 36 registered same day - appointment via text for vaccine in UCD 6th June, Pfizer.

Just registered interest with local pharmacy for JJ as it might be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Facebook
    If you type Pfizer pharmacy 35 into it and click recent posts it'll give you an idea of pharmacies doing it. There's a few like mcdaids and total health that have a few locations. Also Boots probably opening there's to younger age cohort soon

Hse have a list of those giving Jansen
    and only about half of this list is giving Pfizer, mainly rural and those more than 5km from a MVC
    https://www2.hse.ie/apps/services/pharmaciesservicelist.aspx

I'd say they'll stop vaccinating with Pfizer now that they've been given the go ahead for Jansen for 18-34 from Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Agree 100% with this. I’m 41 this month, registered on 6th June and got my text on Tuesday for my first Pfizer dose this Sunday 4th July. HSE helpline told me to be patient, it’s three weeks between registration and appointment. It’s 4 weeks for me so they’re definitely slower than elsewhere. Husband is also 40, registered same day as me and still hasn’t got an appointment.

Can’t believe so many in their 30’s are getting appointments already. There must be a recent huge supply received so they’re rolling them out.

I asked HSELive on twitter, and they said oh you will get your appointment within 3 weeks, DM details and we will look into it. When they realized it's been 4 weeks now since I registered, and no sign of appointment, they said I need to be patient as it is a major logistical challenge. They have not answered the my question on how big the delay is in Citywest and can I be assigned to a different center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

1st Dose: 9th June, UCD
    Text 9 am this morning, 2nd dose, Thursday 8th July, UCD (29 days)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Appointment: Tues 6th July
    Vaccine: AstraZeneca
    Dose: Second dose, 8 weeks and 3 days after the first dose.

Guys, does this mean Helix are going to do AZ that entire week?
    I'd be due for my 2nd Pfizer jab that week in the Helix, but no appointment yet.
    My wife got her 1sd dose 2 days before me in the Aviva and got her 2nd appointment 2 days ago for that/expected week.

What can I expect? Reallocated to another MVC or a week delay for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

xboxdad wrote: »
    Guys, does this mean Helix are going to do AZ that entire week?
    I'd be due for my 2nd Pfizer jab that week in the Helix, but no appointment yet.
    My wife got her 1sd dose 2 days before me in the Aviva and got her 2nd appointment 2 days ago for that/expected week.

What can I expect? Reallocated to another MVC or a week delay for me?

Most centres seem to doing roughly 3 day blocks of AZ

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

listen to RTE why bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Jog501 wrote: »
    1st doese done: 1st July
    2nd dose: 29th July

I'm 27 and looking to get in to get Jannsen.. just rang local pharmacy in Dublin 7 and was told 'we're fully booked today', and he hung up.

Wonder if it's just a show up at door in morning.. how do you book if you're under 30?

FionnK86 wrote: »
    I'm 27 and looking to get in to get Jannsen.. just rang local pharmacy in Dublin 7 and was told 'we're fully booked today', and he hung up.

Wonder if it's just a show up at door in morning.. how do you book if you're under 30?

No you need to book, just try calling a few other pharmacies until you find one you can register with. They're mostly taking names for now, and will call back with appointment times once they know how much stock they're getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Tried ringing GP there and they aren't doing any more 1st doses so it seems that if i want a vaccine im at the whims of the incredibly arbitray HSE system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Check the portal - I didn't get a text but got an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Flying Fox wrote: »
    No you need to book, just try calling a few other pharmacies until you find one you can register with. They're mostly taking names for now, and will call back with appointment times once they know how much stock they're getting.

Sound, rang 2nd one there and they took name, no. & DOB. Wont ring anyone else, give the other boys a chance. Poor pharmacy staff today, thanks gubernment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

VinLieger wrote: »
    Tried ringing GP there and they aren't doing any more 1st doses so it seems that if i want a vaccine im at the whims of the incredibly arbitray HSE system

Why is it arbitrary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Check the portal - I didn't get a text but got an appointment.

Ive got it open all day and refresh regularly, same with my wife, its really infuriating to know the system is not working in the way we've been told it should.

Advertisement