Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭crossman47

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Sound, rang 2nd one there and they took name, no. & DOB. Wont ring anyone else, give the other boys a chance. Poor pharmacy staff today, thanks gubernment.

What's your problem. A pharmacy has you on their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Raoul wrote: »
    Why is it arbitrary?

Just see the stories on here, a previous poster said they and spouse are both 38 and registered on the same day, their spouse got a text for UCD 3 days after registering and the poster still hasn't gotten one nearly 2 weeks later.

I know many people who live very close to UCD who are 37-39 age groups and they have not gotten an appointment yet while i see stories of 35 and 36 year olds getting appointments for UCD. Its absolutely arbitrary or at least not following any pattern that makes sense and definitely not the way we've been led to believe this whole time that they would move through age by age from older to younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭xtal191

Think I'll chance a local pharmacy, doesn't seem to be any movement with City West

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Second dose AZ scheduled for Monday.

How many weeks is that from your 1st dose ? Folks are gone by 8 weeks since their first and still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

How many weeks is that from your 1st dose ? Folks are gone by 8 weeks since their first and still waiting

Cork seems to be giving second AZ vaccine after 9 weeks.

My father, many aunts and uncle's have all the same experience. Only issue my father has is that they changed the venue for his second dose.

I'm after registering interest with a pharmacy mentioned here yesterday for Pfizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Quick Q:

I had to reset my password on HSE vaccine portal. Did so about an hour ago but no email to 'reset password' yet.

Has anybody been in the same situation and can share how long it takes?

(I've checked the spam folder btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

39 and Cohort 7, still nothing today for Citywest.

Family, friends and neighbours 40-42 still nothing for them either. All just seemed to stop at 43 year olds a couple of weeks ago. A lot of frustrated people now annoyed over the J+J option for younger people. Personally I'm happier to wait for mRNA vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,901 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

agoodpunt wrote: »
    listen to RTE why bother

What are RTÉ saying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

39 in Kildare, waiting nearly 2 weeks for apt.

I must be assigned to Punchestown or Citywest as neither seem to be doing 1st jab appointments at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

36, registered on the 20th. No appointment yet. Getting frustrated with all the stories of people my age getting it through their GPs when mine won't do them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

37, registered as soon as it was available, still no sign of an appointment on the portal, which is likely to be in the Helix. I know 4 people my age that have it done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Sound, rang 2nd one there and they took name, no. & DOB. Wont ring anyone else, give the other boys a chance. Poor pharmacy staff today, thanks gubernment.

The "poor pharmacy staff" have been waiting for months for this big pay day. They have been wanting this gravy train to arrive!

Markitron wrote: »
    37, registered as soon as it was available, still no sign of an appointment on the portal, which is likely to be in the Helix. I know 4 people my age that have it done already.

Between myself and my friends, it looks like mid to late 1983 people got called for the Helix yesterday, but nothing for 1984 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The "poor pharmacy staff" have been waiting for months for this big pay day. They have been wanting this gravy train to arrive!

Ah come on

This was dropped on pharmacy stAff with absolutely no warning, just phones ringing off the hook off morning

Absolutely nightmare day for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

what are you on about man... do you think some pharmacy staffer is getting paid on a per-jab basis or something

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Between myself and my friends, it looks like mid to late 1983 people got called for the Helix yesterday, but nothing for 1984 yet.

I’m early 84 so hopefully it won’t be too much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ah come on

This was dropped on pharmacy stAff with absolutely no warning, just phones ringing off the hook off morning

A phone ringing is not my idea of a nightmare day. Didn't the pharmacy association say earlier in the week they were ready and waiting to do this, and could start straight away?

Flying Fox wrote: »

I imagine since you only had to give your birth year on registration its just a DB ranked per year and then alphabetically

I imagine since you only had to give your birth year on registration its just a DB ranked per year and then alphabetically

I just assumed they took the actual date from your PPS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

A phone ringing is not my idea of a nightmare day. Didn't the pharmacy association say earlier in the week they were ready and waiting to do this, and could start straight away?

You don’t think being bombarded with calls all morning from people asking for something you’ve no information on, time and and time again isn’t awful?

Association isnt staff.

Donnelly shouldn’t have ran with it this morning

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    I just assumed they took the actual date from your PPS

Ah yeah I didn't actually remember giving my PPS or DOB when I registered, but I can see when I log in that the DOB is there so they certainly have the ability to sort by date

You give your full date of birth when you register, and it shows on the confirmation page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mostlycloudy

I knew several other people getting done on the same day as me in the same centre, it seemed to be based on DOB. We were all late 1981/early 1982 and our appointment times were in order of our birth dates and not alphabetical.

No quicker way to get the right answer than confidently asserting the wrong answer on the Internet :)

Anyway, I'm late '84 so I'll just stay frosty for now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I've heard of people calling to vaccination centre at end of day and getting leftover vaccines (assuming they're correct age cohort). Anyone know what time they finish for the day?
    39 and Cohort 7, still nothing today for Citywest.

Family, friends and neighbours 40-42 still nothing for them either. All just seemed to stop at 43 year olds a couple of weeks ago. A lot of frustrated people now annoyed over the J+J option for younger people. Personally I'm happier to wait for mRNA vaccine.

I know a couple of 40 year olds who are getting jabbed with Moderna on Sunday in Citywest. (39 and still waiting to hear here).

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ah come on

It really wasn't dropped on them with no warning. They have had months to prepare and they were asking for this day to come. That Darragh guy from the IPU was on the news regularly, saying they were ready and even showed off their facilities.
    If they don't want the phone hopping, don't put a post on Facebook saying to call.
    what are you on about man... do you think some pharmacy staffer is getting paid on a per-jab basis or something

No, but what do you think the pharmacy should do - tell everybody to F off to a MVC and then complain about the cost of setting the pharmacy up for vaccination? Is it not called doing your job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Stark wrote: »
    I've heard of people calling to vaccination centre at end of day and getting leftover vaccines (assuming they're correct age cohort). Anyone know what time they finish for the day?

I was thinking about this last night and running mental scenarios about what might be happening in the bacground.

I could be barking up the wrong tree, but my guess is that the evening to target is the evening they switch over vaccines.

Presumably they ship X number of vials to each vaccination centre.
    They seem to do 2-3 days of a particular vaccine at a time, then they switch.
    I doubt they're shipping vaccines back again or holding onto them for longer than the week they're allowed out of deep freeze.

So if they're doing Pfizer on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday and they know they're switching to Astra Zeneca on Tuesday.

Saturday/Sunday they'll be careful towards the end of the day and end up with half a vial left over unless there's a huge batch of late no shows. On Monday though they might have a few vials they just want used up?

That's my theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Got a call this morning from an Irish number (085...603) with a robot telling me my PPS no. had been compromised. "Press 1 to blah..". I just hung up; presumably vaccine scam related.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Got a call this morning from an Irish number (0853896603) with a robot telling me my PPS no. had been compromised. "Press 1 to blah..". I just hung up; presumably vaccine scam related.

Got several of those recently myself. I think they might be related to the cyber attack? I had a missed call from one and rang it back (in case it was a vaccine), the guy who answered it was like WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Got several of those recently myself. I think they might be related to the cyber attack? I had a missed call from one and rang it back (in case it was a vaccine), the guy who answered it was like WTF?
    Oh, thanks then. Removed most of the number from my post so as not to cause him any hassle.

Advertisement