Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Got several of those recently myself. I think they might be related to the cyber attack? I had a missed call from one and rang it back (in case it was a vaccine), the guy who answered it was like WTF?

They fake numbers to make it seem more legit - these are numbers that belong to people who aren't involved. Usually, the number that's ringing you has the first 4-5 numbers of your own phone number so if you were 087 123 4567, they'd call from 087 123 4XXX. Not related to the ransomware though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

No, but what do you think the pharmacy should do - tell everybody to F off to a MVC and then complain about the cost of setting the pharmacy up for vaccination? Is it not called doing your job?

What you said was
    Originally Posted by PhilOssophy View Post
    The "poor pharmacy staff" have been waiting for months for this big pay day. They have been wanting this gravy train to arrive!

no need to deflect with some other nonsense, clearly you want to be angry about something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

What you said was

no need to deflect with some other nonsense, clearly you want to be angry about something

Well if you want to argue about the difference between "pharmacy staff" and the owners of many of the pharmacies who will do well out of these new vaccination protocols, I wish you a good day.

Maybe somebody on the PUP has got a job in a pharmacy for the next few weeks to answer the phone and take bookings. I won't be getting out the violin, sorry.

Anyway, it is off topic for the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

Appointment: 4th July
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Registered with HSE 2 weeks ago & nothing from them yet, so was delighted to get the call from a pharmacy today after putting my name down with them last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Fiona44 wrote: »
    Appointment: 4th July
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Registered with HSE 2 weeks ago & nothing from them yet, so was delighted to get the call from a pharmacy today after putting my name down with them last week!

How did you register with a pharmacy, didnt know that was an option

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You have to contact the pharmacies directly. Boots do Pfizer vaccinations but earliest appointment date is July 31st. There was a bunch of pharmacies accepting people onto waiting lists on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

How did you register with a pharmacy, didnt know that was an option

Some pharmacies have been given supplies of Pfizer for over 35s.
    Mostly in rural locations, more than 5km from an MVC as far as I know.

I just googled/searched on Facebook for pharmacy Pfizer vaccine.

Worth a try if you are over 35 and still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Ficheall wrote: »
    Got a call this morning from an Irish number (085...603) with a robot telling me my PPS no. had been compromised. "Press 1 to blah..". I just hung up; presumably vaccine scam related.

Think the whole country is getting them. I'd be more surprised if you weren't.

In my opinion, anyone who had contact details on a HSE database should expect one.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

This is a bit of a mad one:

Wife aged 39 just got a text for 1st dose in CityWest (Pfizer) for Mon 5th July.

Me aged 40 still waiting (nothing on Portal either)...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Idioteque wrote: »

Wife aged 39 just got a text for 1st dose in CityWest (Pfizer) for Mon 5th July.

Not surprising at all considering the stories weve seen over the past few days in here, their system makes no sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

First vaccine confirmed 5th July
    Citywest
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Similar here, neighbours younger and older than me being called to UCD for next week.
    Just trying not to chew on the table, the allocation system might be mental, but it'll get to me in the next couple of days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

Just received text

39, Monday 5th of July at Citywest, anyone know what parking is like around there

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stoneygreysoil

Same as meself, 40 years of age same location and still awaiting appointment on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Same as meself, 40 years of age same location and still awaiting appointment on the portal.

Same. Registered 4 weeks now and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,773 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Think the whole country is getting them. I'd be more surprised if you weren't.

In my opinion, anyone who had contact details on a HSE database should expect one.

This has nothing to do with the HSE, they're just generating random numbers. They don't have any info (name, PPS, anything) at all to suggest it came from a hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭Russman

brianc27 wrote: »
    Just received text

39, Monday 5th of July at Citywest, anyone know what parking is like around there

Big car park there on-site. Can be queues to get into the complex though from the N7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Are there taxis at Citywest? I'll go by bus and luas, but just wondering if there's an easy alternative if I don't feel like another 2 hours on public transport when I'm finished.

brianc27 wrote: »
    Just received text

So looking like they've skipped over 40/41 and are doing 39 now (have a few mates 40/41 also still waiting)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Are there taxis at Citywest? I'll go by bus and luas, but just wondering if there's an easy alternative if I don't feel like another 2 hours on public transport when I'm finished.

I saw a good few taxis coming and going there . They were dropping people off so I am sure they could be hailed Also taxis up at the shopping centre but thats quite a walk

• Advertisement

Definitely nag them on Twitter and the helpline, seems like something has gone wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

cee_jay wrote: »
    I asked HSELive on twitter, and they said oh you will get your appointment within 3 weeks, DM details and we will look into it. When they realized it's been 4 weeks now since I registered, and no sign of appointment, they said I need to be patient as it is a major logistical challenge. They have not answered the my question on how big the delay is in Citywest and can I be assigned to a different center.

That was my experience too. I was perfectly polite on the phone but the guy I spoke to ended up nearly roaring at me to be patient it takes 3 weeks. He wasn’t impressed when I said it had been 4 weeks since I registered.

I totally get that their under enormous pressure and I can imagine the crap they’re dealing with daily but there does seem to be a huge discrepancy with appointments in Citywest. Hope you hear soon.

That was my experience too. I was perfectly polite on the phone but the guy I spoke to ended up nearly roaring at me to be patient it takes 3 weeks. He wasn’t impressed when I said it had been 4 weeks since I registered.

I totally get that their under enormous pressure and I can imagine the crap they’re dealing with daily but there does seem to be a huge discrepancy with appointments in Citywest. Hope you hear soon.

Big time - the fact the system is giving out appointments to 39 yr olds shows there must be a glitch somewhere given plenty of 40/41 yr olds still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

2nd jab
    Venue : Helix
    Flavor: Pfizer
    Due today 2nd July

Text today confirming for next Wednesday 7th

A wee bit later than 28 days but considering how many they are getting through just happy to get the date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anyone in the 60-69 group, specifically 64 had their second AZ dose in the Aviva yet? It's 8 weeks since my first dose and nothing yet. I tweeted @hselive and all they said was it would be between 4 and 12 weeks. Why all the fanfare about reducing the waiting time to get the 60-69 group out if the way if they're still saying it could be 12 weeks?

My wife is 5 years younger than me and is already double vaccinated with Pfizer. Starting to get pretty annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Alun wrote: »
    Anyone in the 60-69 group, specifically 64 had their second AZ dose in the Aviva yet? It's 8 weeks since my first dose and nothing yet. I tweeted @hselive and all they said was it would be between 4 and 12 weeks. Why all the fanfare about reducing the waiting time to get the 60-69 group out if the way if they're still saying it could be 12 weeks?

My wife is 5 years younger than me and is already double vaccinated with Pfizer. Starting to get pretty annoyed.

My Mother in law, 65, had her 1st dose in Aviva and her 2nd dose at 8 weeks in greystones last week

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Got my 2nd Pfizer today (51, 1st jab 15/5, Helix) after postponing my original appointment because I've felt too unwell since the first dose.

They're flying it out there. I was in and out.

Thankfully I'd a much better experience with the doctor this time around. She communicated very well and was attentive to the job she was doing. The previous lad struggled speaking English with me although he was very clear when getting the attention of his supervisor (3 times) to sign his overtime sheet.

Feel mildly stoned most of today, which is fine with me. Today's doctor said she had felt the same as me with the 1st but less ropy after the 2nd jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Night owl gal

Got my second AZ vaccine today in Clonmel in St claire's ward. Very fast experience. The staff were great there. Was a bit stressful due to the fact I discovered I had lost my phone when we got there, but all turned out ok thankfully. Was there anyone else from here, there between 12.30 and 1 pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Due to get my second Pfizer dose on Sunday. Just received a second update text on the second dose wanting me to answer some medical questions so that it is ok to vaccinate me. Anyone else get something similar?

Thought I saw a post earlier in the thread where putting in the info caused issues, which is why I’m hesitant to put it in. Not sure why this info would be needed the second time and not the first, apart from saving a minute on the day.

• Advertisement

Sarn wrote: »
    Due to get my second Pfizer dose on Sunday. Just received a second update text on the second dose wanting me to answer some medical questions so that it is ok to vaccinate me. Anyone else get something similar?

Thought I saw a post earlier in the thread where putting in the info caused issues, which is why I’m hesitant to put it in. Not sure why this info would be needed the second time and not the first, apart from saving a minute on the day.

Ignore it, some people have been able to answer it fine but for some it has cancelled their appointments. You'll be asked those questions at the vaccine centre anyway.

Advertisement