Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Age 39
    Registered 20th of June
    Got vaccine appointment some time between 6pm and 7:30pm today, no SMS message, had to login to see it.
    Appointment for Mon Jul 5th Citywest.

Massive relief, been pulling my hair out wondering if I'd get it early next week or not (heading to Mayo for a few days staycation Wednesday evening).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iheartpooner

Date: 7th of July
    Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson
    Venue: Pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Registered 20th June
    Got text around 7.30pm today 2nd July.
    1st appt booked for Wednesday 7th July
    Carlow IT
    Pfizer

I am going to reply “next” I’ll be in Kerry.

For those who have had to reschedule, we’re you ever offered sooner appointments or was it always later?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭prunudo

Mate, turns 39 next month, getting his first dose (Pfizer) tomorrow in Greystones. Not sure when he registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mrsherself

Vaccine: Pfizer

I'm delighted! I still haven't gotten any text from the portal or anything so I just made an appointment. It was so simple to do and I'm so happy I have some Pfizer running through my veins right now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sarn wrote: »
    Due to get my second Pfizer dose on Sunday. Just received a second update text on the second dose wanting me to answer some medical questions so that it is ok to vaccinate me. Anyone else get something similar?

Thought I saw a post earlier in the thread where putting in the info caused issues, which is why I’m hesitant to put it in. Not sure why this info would be needed the second time and not the first, apart from saving a minute on the day.

Yeah that was on a text I got. I just ignored it and had no prob today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Registered last Sunday, got txt yesterday with appointment for this coming Wednesday, Pfizer in UCD, I’m away though so has to reschedule, will probably have to wait for the new dates. I’m 36!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Age 36
    Registered June 22
    Appointment July 7th
    Pfizer
    Drogheda

Wife:
    Age 38
    Registered June 20th
    Appointment June 28th
    Pfizer
    Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

brianc27 wrote: »
    Just received text

39, Monday 5th of July at Citywest, anyone know what parking is like around there

Huge carpark, not a issue

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stark wrote: »
    Age 39
    Registered 20th of June
    Got vaccine appointment some time between 6pm and 7:30pm today, no SMS message, had to login to see it.
    Appointment for Mon Jul 5th Citywest.

Massive relief, been pulling my hair out wondering if I'd get it early next week or not (heading to Mayo for a few days staycation Wednesday evening).
    Matchy matchies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Alun wrote: »
    Anyone in the 60-69 group, specifically 64 had their second AZ dose in the Aviva yet? It's 8 weeks since my first dose and nothing yet. I tweeted @hselive and all they said was it would be between 4 and 12 weeks. Why all the fanfare about reducing the waiting time to get the 60-69 group out if the way if they're still saying it could be 12 weeks?

My wife is 5 years younger than me and is already double vaccinated with Pfizer. Starting to get pretty annoyed.

You’ll all be done by 12 July!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Got my second AZ in Citywest this evening, was on the queue at approx 5pm, drove out main gates at 6:40 pm. Very busy, but what was very noticeable was how busy the Testing section to the right as you drive in was, big volume of cars in there this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,371 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Is there any penalty to registering early? I'm 34 and I'm wondering if it's better to register now rather than when the flood of people will be doing it next week?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Is there any penalty to registering early? I'm 34 and I'm wondering if it's better to register now rather than when the flood of people will be doing it next week?

I'm not sure about the HSE portal, but I doubt it. 18-34 year olds can contact any amount of Chemists/Pharmacies to register their interest now, which is mad. It'll result in some amount of wasted time for pharmacies in going through waiting lists and bookings for people who will receive it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Won’t make a difference. You won’t get vaccinated any earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭JPup

I think it’s 1985 or earlier at the moment so I don’t think you make the cut. That’s for the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hippyreject

First vaccine: 5th July
    Pfizer
    Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

It won't allow you to register if you were born after 86

• Registered Users Posts: 11,371 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

.42. wrote: »
    Won’t make a difference. You won’t get vaccinated any earlier

More just impatient to get registered, I know I won't be called any earlier

Plus since you now need a vaccine to hit the pubs I imagine the portal will get overloaded on day 1

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grimesdegooler

Age 38
    Registered June 19
    Appointment July 7th
    Pfizer
    Aviva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bg07

- Area: Dublin 18
    - Received text: 01 July
    - When: 07 July
    - Where: UCD Vaccination Centre (CVC)
    - Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNtech
    - Dose: 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Idioteque wrote: »
    Big time - the fact the system is giving out appointments to 39 yr olds shows there must be a glitch somewhere given plenty of 40/41 yr olds still waiting

Same happened in the cohort above you in Cork. Loads of the 1977 44 year olds got appointments within hours of registering whilst loads of us born 1976 and who were registered for over two weeks were still waiting. My wife got her appt 4 hours after registering, I got mine 22 days after registering (and even then for a week after that).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

secman wrote: »
    Got my second AZ in Citywest this evening, was on the queue at approx 5pm, drove out main gates at 6:40 pm. Very busy, but what was very noticeable was how busy the Testing section to the right as you drive in was, big volume of cars in there this evening.

Interesting to hear this. There was no one getting tested when I was in CityWest on 20 June getting my 2nd AZ dose. Meanwhile, son of a friend of mine, who I met last Wednesday, is awaiting test result - test was done on Thursday, and still waiting, so testing is obviously busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

Age 62
    AstraZeneca first dose 6th May
    Second next Tuesday 8 weeks 5days
    Helix, DCU
    Friends of mine same age ( first dose same day) are getting second AstraZeneca today 8 weeks 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

Age 61
    First dose Astra Zenica 15th May, Simonstown
    2nd dose, text received 1st July, appointment 8th July.
    7 weeks and 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

2nd jab
    Venue : Helix
    Flavor: Pfizer
    Due today 2nd July

Text today confirming for next Wednesday 7th

A wee bit later than 28 days but considering how many they are getting through just happy to get the date :)

My wife got her text for 2nd Pfizer dose in Aviva 3 days ago (30days between doses).I got my 1st jab in the Helix 2 days after her and I don't even have a appointment for a second dose yet. So I'll surely have a larger gap between doses than her.

Is the Helix being slower with 2nd Pfizer doses than the Aviva?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wife (45) second jab in Galway MVC next Monday . Moderna . Exactly 28 days after first one

I’m also getting second jab (41) in local GP Monday . 27 days after first one. Pfizer

Heading on our staycation as planned then weds to Saturday

All our parents have been vaccinated now as well and our son (20) on waiting list at local pharmacy .
    Can finally see some light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rtw

First vaccine: 5th July
    J & J
    Pharmacy

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

xboxdad wrote:
    Is the Helix being slower with 2nd Pfizer doses than the Aviva?

Yup definitely running 4/5 days late atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Yup definitely running 4/5 days late atm.
    Partner is getting her second Pfizer in Helix at +32 days.

Advertisement