Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LillieDear

Tracybal wrote: »
    Has anyone in age 36-39 age bracket in North Westmeath area been called yet for vaccine, registered on 18 June and still awaiting, just wondering if any been called to Mullingar or Athlone MVC yet. Seems like other counties are getting through age bracket quicker.

I am Meath South on Westmeath border and waiting 14 days now. Same for my husband. Friends in Kildare and Drogheda have all had their first jab!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

A bit p**** off at this stage. Registered 23 June i'm 36 and have heard nothing back. Dublin.

What are you on about? It's now only the 4th of July. Its not all about you but your turn will come in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What are you on about? It's now only the 4th of July. Its not all about you but your turn will come in the next couple of weeks.

Everyone has a right to be upset when the system is not working in anyway similar as we were led to believe.

Im 36 and i know multiple other 36 year olds including now 35 year olds who have been vaccinated in UCD which im assuming will be my center as i live very close to it, I haven't received my appointment and I know multiple other people in the same vicinity to UCD in the ages up to 41 who haven't either.

If the system was working in a way that made sense or the way we've been led to believe id be fine but now i see its just absolutely arbitrary and random as hell im getting quite annoyed especially since im stuck waiting for the HSE and am not allowed apply for a jansen.

Im also resigned to the fact that now that 30-34 year olds are allowed signup next week i will see people in the younger cohort being vaccinated in the centers before I receive any appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭spakman

VinLieger wrote: »
    Everyone has a right to be upset when the system is not working in anyway similar as we were led to believe.

Im 36 and i know multiple other 36 year olds including now 35 year olds who have been vaccinated in UCD which im assuming will be my center as i live very close to it, I haven't received my appointment and I know multiple other people in the same vicinity to UCD in the ages up to 41 who haven't either.

If the system was working in a way that made sense or the way we've been led to believe id be fine but now i see its just absolutely arbitrary and random as hell im getting quite annoyed especially since im stuck waiting for the HSE and am not allowed apply for a jansen.

Im also resigned to the fact that now that 30-34 year olds are allowed signup next week i will see people in the younger cohort being vaccinated in the centers before I receive any appointment.

Jesus, what will you be like in another couple of weeks!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

spakman wrote: »

Fvcking fuming, i don't like being lied to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 stoneygreysoil

40 year old, south west Dublin, registered over 4 weeks ago and still no appointment. Unsure what is going on in Citywest.

Just an upate for those still awaiting appointments in the 40s bracket..

So rang the HSE hotline on Friday evening, gave my details and they just said its noted on the system but couldnt guarantee anything. Just checked my login there and still nada.

I also rang my local GP yesterday and explained the above to see if they could accomodate me but they said they are only jabbing people with underlying conditions and next vaccination day this week was fully booked.

I also rang the local pharmacy to explain situation as i had seen they were advertising Pfizer jabs and not just J and J, they politely told me they were fully booked (which i expected) for next month and could not have dealt with me anyway as would only be dealing with 35 and under, tried to say you have pfizer etc and but she wasnt for budging.

At this stage just see what happens, anyway that is just for myself in dublin south west others might have had more success.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

jd wrote: »
    Partner is getting her second Pfizer in Helix at +32 days.

The Helix/DCU is now gone from this page?

https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/VaccineClinics.aspx?county=Dublin

Recently announced Swords based replacement MVC not listed either.
    Anybody knows some details please?
    (My 28 day gap is up in 2 days and no 2nd appointment for Helix and no Helix on the list either?)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

First vax 03 June
    Pfizer
    Citywest

31 days on and still no text for 2nd vax appointment. Nothing on the site either

Anyone know how long they are delaying out there?

Also great to see the progress of vaccines across all age groups now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭airy fairy

First vax 03 June
    Pfizer
    Citywest

31 days on and still no text for 2nd vax appointment. Nothing on the site either

Been having long stretches between vacs down in Cork with a few weeks where the Astra Zeneca has been the priority for the older age groups coming back for their second. Also deliveries have slowed.
    Husband had his in day 40, got a text on day 33/34. Know someone else who was the same, and another who got jab on day 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

spakman wrote: »

The poster is not wishing to skip the queue or anything, they are just saying they’d rather see the age priority system work as advertised.

I find that fair enough. What is there to “Jesus” them about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

44 (1976)
    First vaccine 6th June
    2nd appointment 6th July
    Moderna
    Athlone IT

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Luke-m

LillieDear wrote: »
    Just wondering where you are registered? South Meath here, getting fed up seeing people much younger being vaccinated way ahead of me...Still no sign of an appointment for myself or my husband.

West Dublin, so more than likely CityWest.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

VinLieger wrote: »

Myself n husband are in the same boat as you. We registered over two weeks ago, before cousins and family members who live less than 5 mins away. We are literally the only people in our both our families not to have heard any word. Younger members have been vaccinated ahead of us, and have been given apps and we haven't heard a dickie.
    We are going to try the pharmacies now,
    It's just annoying when we have Been "waiting our turn" no problem with that, but I am getting peeved seeing younger cohorts now getting in ahead of us because we can't get the Jansen as we are over 35 and the local pharmacies are only giving pfizer to the over 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Myself n husband are in the same boat as you. We registered over two weeks ago, before cousins and family members who live less than 5 mins away. We are literally the only people in our both our families not to have heard any word. Younger members have been vaccinated ahead of us, and have been given apps and we haven't heard a dickie.
    It's just annoying when we have Been "waiting our turn" no problem with that, but I am getting peeved seeing younger cohorts now getting in ahead of us because we can't get the Jansen as we are over 35 and the local pharmacies are only giving pfizer to the over 50s.

I wonder if you registered with a fake date of birth, would they turn you away? Don't bring ID with a DOB on it. Tell them their records are wrong. I'd say they wouldn't be too bothered. They want everyone vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Baybay

Are pharmacies only for 18-34 & then over 50s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Baybay

yenom wrote: »
    I wonder if you registered with a fake date of birth, would they turn you away? Don't bring ID with a DOB on it. Tell them their records are wrong. I'd say they wouldn't be too bothered. They want everyone vaccinated.

Don’t know about changing the DOB but your PPSN is required also.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Baybay wrote: »
    Don’t know about changing the DOB but your PPSN is required also.

Ya, I seen that. It's the HSE though, records could be old, the place getting hacked. Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

Hi folks, just wondering is it necessary to fill out the consent form online or is it better to wait until you get to the vaccination centre to fill it out in person there? I’m reading reports that people who fill it out online have to do it again anyway at the centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

First vax 03 June
    Pfizer
    Citywest

Yes 1974 had dose 1 on June 3rd, and still waiting on dose 2 appt for citywest.

I know of other 3rd June appointees also waiting for this mvc 2nd dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Baybay wrote: »
    Are pharmacies only for 18-34 & then over 50s?

Pharmacies
    Jansen 18-34, over 50s, about 700 selected pharmacies
    Pfizer 35-39 only about 300 out of the 700 pharmacies who were selected. I'm not sure if the Pfizer ones got much and
    I'd say they'll only do a small amount and then just focus on Jansen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Pharmacies
    Jansen 18-34, over 50s, about 700 selected pharmacies
    Pfizer 35-39 only about 300 out of the 700 pharmacies who were selected. I'm not sure if the Pfizer ones got much and
    I'd say they'll only do a small amount and then just focus on Jansen
    As things stand it's very early days on this and the Romanian deal if it happens and the level of J&J deliveries will change things.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

xboxdad wrote: »
    The Helix/DCU is now gone from this page?

https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/VaccineClinics.aspx?county=Dublin

Recently announced Swords based replacement MVC not listed either.
    Anybody knows some details please?
    (My 28 day gap is up in 2 days and no 2nd appointment for Helix and no Helix on the list either?)

Helix are closing next weekend I believe and an MVC is opening in Cloghran. I’m due mine in 2 days also at the Helix but they are running 5 days late at the moment. So probably will get appointment for next Sunday but sure I’m off to Kerry on Sat. Like you had hoped it would be 4 weeks after

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tracybal

LillieDear wrote: »
    I am Meath South on Westmeath border and waiting 14 days now. Same for my husband. Friends in Kildare and Drogheda have all had their first jab!

Hi

I have been checking the HSE website portal, I got no text but checked on Thursday and appointment 1 was scheduled now in Athlone for tomorrow, A lot of people from Castllepollard/Collinstown/Delvin area are all been sent to Athlone next week. Check the website as I know of lot of people that received not texts but appointments were on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

mackD wrote: »
    Hi folks, just wondering is it necessary to fill out the consent form online or is it better to wait until you get to the vaccination centre to fill it out in person there? I’m reading reports that people who fill it out online have to do it again anyway at the centres.

According to what I heard in the news last night, they've put in a new process where consent is required to be given online. Failure to fill in online will lead to the appointment being cancelled. The reason they gave was to speed up the process at the Vaccination centre

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Call me Al wrote: »
    Yes 1974 had dose 1 on June 3rd, and still waiting on dose 2 appt for citywest.

I know of other 3rd June appointees also waiting for this mvc 2nd dose.

Seems to be delayed out there alright. Brother an dBrother in Law had theirs on 1st June and both had their 2nd on 30th June. Wife had hers a week later than me at UCD as is getting her second tomorrow.

Interesting to see the difference in MVC's. I'd imagine as Citywest is doing as ton of AZ it's pushing some back. No biggie but just trying to plan around appts.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭greenheep

41 registered 4 weeks ago and still waiting in Dublin while a 38 and 39 year old in the same house! have their appointments. Called helpline but nothing so far.

They want us to take Delta seriously so wish they took these issues more seriously as apparently it could be a matter of life and death or so they keep drumming into us

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

Rket4000 wrote: »
    According to what I heard in the news last night, they've put in a new process where consent is required to be given online. Failure to fill in online will lead to the appointment being cancelled. The reason they gave was to speed up the process at the Vaccination centre

Oh I see. Thanks for that!
    Suppose I better fill out online so just to be on the safe side!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Had Pfizer 1 in Cork on Saturday 5th June.

Still waiting on text/appointment for Pfizer 2. It seems I'm not alone on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

had first dose Moderna at Citywest on 4th June
    2nd dose today at Citywest
    Wasnt waiting around for either dose
    out in 20/25 minutes for both
    48 years old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Had Pfizer 1 in Cork on Saturday 5th June.

Still waiting on text/appointment for Pfizer 2. It seems I'm not alone on this.

Can take up to 42 days for 2nd dose it seems…

Advertisement