Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

thebiglad wrote: »
    52 - Registered 03 May. Appointment Friday May 21st - Citywest - Pfizer - just received text.

How did you get to register on 03 May?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭beachhead

Carodh wrote: »
    I was told I was 76% covered with 1st dose of AZ & would be 82% covered after 2nd dose.

The HSE website says 60% first dose and 100% 2nd dose - AZ

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

beachhead wrote:
    HSE website says you can reschedule up to a max of 3 times

That sounds like government scare tactics. I'll let you know in a few days.
    Rang helpline last night and was told to keep rescheduling. They definitely didn't want me to cancel out the vaccine system altogether when I asked if this is how I go to the bottom of the list. That option should only be used if you got vacation from hospital or GP in the meantime or if you change your mind & don't want a vaccination ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭beachhead

is_that_so wrote: »
    There should be an "Already have an account" link at the bottom of the registration page.

Not exactly prominent.Where? Or it's disappeared now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

beachhead wrote: »
    The HSE website says 60% first dose and 100% 2nd dose - AZ

Look up "how vaccine efficacy is calculated". Its not what most people think think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not for me, still there, directly below the "create an account" button. Might it be a browser issue?

schmoo2k wrote: »
    How did you get to register on 03 May?

You could register at any age in the 50's even if your day had not came
    You just ignore the notice for what years day it was and carry on

You could register at any age in the 50's even if your day had not came
    You just ignore the notice for what years day it was and carry on
    3 May was before the over 50s were allowed to register - 4 May was the first day.

is_that_so wrote: »
    3 May was before the over 50s were allowed to register - 4 May was the first day.

They've probably got their dates mixed so or just caughtvthe system before we realised it was on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 choclate

21st May
    Citywest
    Pfizer
    Text received today,
    Happy days :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

I posted my appointment details earlier in the thread.
    Just back from Citywest got Pfizer no problem.
    Some advice, you are in moving line queuing for at least 45min outdoors, if weather is poor be sure to bring good rain protection. I had a lovely day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's black text on the dark green background, so not obvious, but it's there!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

choclate wrote: »
    21st May
    Citywest
    Pfizer
    Text received today,
    Happy days :-)

Seems like Aviva is going quicker than DCU/ Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Got my appointment - Saturday for J&J in Aviva.

Unfortunately I cant make it on Saturday due to some personal reasons. Gutted, I was so looking forward to it :(

I texted New to reschedule for a new appointment and got a message back that the appointment is cancelled.

Now when I logged back in to the vaccine portal, it's still showing up the appointment for Saturday. Do I need to cancel it there as well?

Anyone who has rescheduled the appointment - how long you had to wait before you got the next appointment?

Thanks

rks wrote:
    Now when I logged back in to the vaccine portal, it's still showing up the appointment for Saturday. Do I need to cancel it there as well?

Don't cancel. This will remove you from the vaccine system. Go online and click reschedule. You might have a new appointment texted to you by as early tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

clunked wrote: »
    Seems like Aviva is going quicker than DCU/ Croke Park

DCU is doing 52s on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

rks wrote: »
    Got my appointment - Saturday for J&J in Aviva.

Unfortunately I cant make it on Saturday due to some personal reasons. Gutted, I was so looking forward to it :(

I texted New to reschedule for a new appointment and got a message back that the appointment is cancelled.

Anyone who has rescheduled the appointment - how long you had to wait before you got the next appointment?

Thanks

Do you have the option to reschedule on the portal?
    I rescheduled on the portal and my status wen back to "awaiting appointment"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

quodec wrote: »
    21 days now since registering for the vaccine at Dundalk Fairways. No contact so far. Portal says you will be contacted within three weeks, so that date's just up. Yet I'm aware of someone whose 58 and got their first vaccination at the same centre. Is it those that shout loudest (keep ringing) that get moved up the list I wonder?

I'm 22 days and counting. I contacted the HSE helpline via twitter this morning to find out what's going on. The person there said all they could do was put a note on my file for an early appointment.
    I would travel to Dublin at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Bella3005 wrote: »
    Do you have the option to reschedule on the portal?
    I rescheduled on the portal and my status wen back to "awaiting appointment"

Yes, I still have the option to reschedule it on the portal. I guess I will have to use it even though the text saying "Your appointment is now cancelled. We will send you another text message with your new appointment details in the coming weeks."

Weeks? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

Yes, I still have the option to reschedule it on the portal. I guess I will have to use it even though the text saying "Your appointment is now cancelled. We will send you another text message with your new appointment details in the coming weeks."

3 weeks again.

It's a max of 3 weeks but could be a lot less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

Date of Registration: 12th May

Texts/Emails received: no text, found appointment on portal
    Vaccination appointment for: 22nd of May

Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

50 year old friend registered last Thurs, got moderna today sligo IT...no underlying conditions or pull😉 must be flying through. Surprised didn't get astra, as was he! Got text late yesterday evening.

rks wrote:
    Weeks?

Up to 3 weeks. I rescheduled 8pm last night and got new appointment around 3pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fishoutofwater

Husband and I both 51, both registered last Wednesday.

Him: Friday 21st, J&J
    Me: Saturday 22nd Pfizer.
    Galway.

He got a text, I didnt yet, just checked the portal when he got his.

Counting the minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Date of Registration: 13th May

Texts/Emails received: Text, 19th May

Vaccine: J&J
    Aviva

scooby77 wrote:
    50 year old friend registered last Thurs, got moderna today sligo IT...no underlying conditions or pull😉 must be flying through. Surprised didn't get astra, as was he! Got text late yesterday evening.

The younger the age group the lower the take-up. Almost all over 80s took it & slightly less in over 70s. Less again in 60s and now 50s. Could be less than 50 percent uptake by the time we his 30s and 20s. Uptake flattened weeks ago in the states and there is chance they won't get herd immunity. Some states are offering money, vouchers, free beer etc to try get people to take the vacation

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Shorty69664

Date of Registration: 12th May

Texts/Emails received: no text, found appointment on portal

Vaccine: Pfizer

My nearest vaccination centre would be in Mayo so not sure why I'm going to Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The younger the age group the lower the take-up. Almost all over 80s took it & slightly less in over 70s. Less again in 60s and now 50s. Could be less than 50 percent uptake by the time we his 30s and 20s. Uptake flattened weeks ago in the states and there is chance they won't get herd immunity. Some states are offering money, vouchers, free beer etc to try get people to take the vacation

There's no evidence of this so far in Ireland. Everyone you talk to is counting the minutes to vaccination. Much bigger point is that loads of people are already vaccinated in cohorts 4 and 7 which speeds things up - but the biggest factor is ramping up of supply.

Advertisement