Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Got my first Pfizer on 12th. Will be due for the 2nd one on 10th July. Nothing yet. I guess another week left, fingers crossed, hope to hear something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Is there any penalty to registering early? I'm 34 and I'm wondering if it's better to register now rather than when the flood of people will be doing it next week?

No. They just open the age ranges in blocs. The call to register by specific age within that is just to prevent overloading the portal by having hundreds of thousands of ppl all trying on day one.

It won’t make any difference if you register earlier or later than your age called.

The running order of vaccines within that registered bloc is somewhat age based but may be random and seems to be down to just logistical requirements. There was no evidence at all that registering earlier skipped the queue or put you to the back of the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ray7777

Myself n husband are in the same boat as you. We registered over two weeks ago, before cousins and family members who live less than 5 mins away. We are literally the only people in our both our families not to have heard any word. Younger members have been vaccinated ahead of us, and have been given apps and we haven't heard a dickie.
    We are going to try the pharmacies now,
    It's just annoying when we have Been "waiting our turn" no problem with that, but I am getting peeved seeing younger cohorts now getting in ahead of us because we can't get the Jansen as we are over 35 and the local pharmacies are only giving pfizer to the over 50s.

The Age cohort process has become a bit arbitrary/random since it hit the lower 40s and late 30s, especially for those in Dublin. Seems like the MVC in Dublin (i.e. Citywest and some others) are trying to cram so many people now that older groups are falling through . It's great that younger groups are getting vaccinated quickly but need to also understand the frustration for others who are/were still waiting weeks for 1st dose (even after escalating). Especially when they constantly remind us about Delta then you can't blame people for getting vexed when seeing others ahead of them.
    Also for people waiting for 2nd dose is there a reason they can't give the second appointment on the day of the 1st vaccine, if it's widely confirmed for 28 days later? If GPs around the country can do it then trying to understand why MVC can't operate in a similar way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Rket4000 wrote: »
    According to what I heard in the news last night, they've put in a new process where consent is required to be given online.Failure to fill in online will lead to the appointment being cancelled. The reason they gave was to speed up the process at the Vaccination centre
    mackD wrote: »
    Oh I see. Thanks for that!
    Suppose I better fill out online so just to be on the safe side!

I don't think that is correct.

People are being asked to complete the form online just to help to speed the process up on the day.
    It would not make any sense to cancel their vaccination for failing to do so.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/covid-vaccine-ireland-hse-issue-24452866

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

rks wrote: »
    Got my first Pfizer on 12th. Will be due for the 2nd one on 10th July. Nothing yet. I guess another week left, fingers crossed, hope to hear something soon.

Looks like they are watching the boards. Just got a text for my second appointment on Thursday 8th July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I don't think that is correct.

People are being asked to complete the form online just to help to speed the process up on the day.
    It would not make any sense to cancel their vaccination for failing to do so.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/covid-vaccine-ireland-hse-issue-24452866

It depends on how you interpret this
    "If a person refuses to give their consent their vaccination appointment will be cancelled. People can call HSELive on 1800 700 700 if they have any questions about the SMS they received or the consent process.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Nov2006 wrote: »
    Helix are closing next weekend I believe and an MVC is opening in Cloghran. I’m due mine in 2 days also at the Helix but they are running 5 days late at the moment. So probably will get appointment for next Sunday but sure I’m off to Kerry on Sat. Like you had hoped it would be 4 weeks after

Ah, thank you for the information. I wonder what happened to the Swords MVC they were planning as a replacement for the Helix. (Update: It's the same thing. It's apparently both Swords and Cloghran somehow)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭wandererz

1st dose 09 June

Second dose mesage received: Sunday 04 July 15:23

Second dose date: Thursday 08 July (1 month after)

Citywest, Pfizer

Both messages recieved at ~15:20.
    Was just checking this morning on the online system if there was an appointment scheduled as today would be 3 days before 07 July, which is 4 calendar weeks after 1st dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭patscott27

Day 34 for me tomorrow for 2nd Pfizer. Got mine on 1st June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Had Pfizer 1 in Cork on Saturday 5th June.

Still waiting on text/appointment for Pfizer 2. It seems I'm not alone on this.

They are running later than 28 days. Which is fine as it can go to 42 days.
    Keep an eye on the portal as some don't receive the text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Had Pfizer 1 in Cork on Saturday 5th June.

Still waiting on text/appointment for Pfizer 2. It seems I'm not alone on this.

Yep - had mind 6th of June and heading on holidays to Mayo Tuesday so looking like I'll be missing my second jab. Pairc Ui Caoimh centre was closed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Rket4000 wrote: »
    According to what I heard in the news last night, they've put in a new process where consent is required to be given online. Failure to fill in online will lead to the appointment being cancelled. The reason they gave was to speed up the process at the Vaccination centre

There is only a consent step before dose 1.
    ...but you'll still get a link to medical questions before the 2nd dose.
    Which one is mandatory now I wonder? 1st or both?
    My wife wants to fill out the questionnaire for her 2nd dose now and I'm not sure if I can still advise her to ignore it. (again, no consent needed at 2nd dose AFAIK)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

xboxdad wrote: »
    There is only a consent step before dose 1.
    ...but you'll still get a link to medical questions before the 2nd dose.
    Which one is mandatory now I wonder? 1st or both?
    My wife wants to fill out the questionnaire for her 2nd dose now and I'm not sure if I can still advise her to ignore it. (again, no consent needed at 2nd dose AFAIK)

You get an update text asking you to fill it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

comerla wrote: »
    Yep - had mind 6th of June and heading on holidays to Mayo Tuesday so looking like I'll be missing my second jab. Pairc Ui Caoimh centre was closed today.

I'm another in the same boat, got it the same day as you and no sign of second jab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭Russman

Age 47
    First dose (Pfizer) received in Citywest on 3rd June.
    Just got the text for the second dose on Wednesday 7th July (still Citywest) which will be 34 days apart.
    Delighted !

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tommyphelan

Dose 1 received: 10 June in Citywest
    Type: Pfizer
    Dose 2 appt text: 4 July
    Dose 2: 8 July, Citywest..28 days after dose 1
    Live: Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coral_16

Dose 1: 8th July in the Helix

Have been checking in with this forum since registering and delighted to have got my appointment now

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Reg 5/5
    Text 20/5 (6.15pm)
    Appointment 21/5 (3.15pm)
    Pfizer.
    Dundalk

Still waiting for notification text for second vaccine? have phoned helpline a number of times over the last 2 weeks, apparently it's been "escalated" but still no text, anyone else having a delay with second jab?

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It depends on how you interpret this

I take that to mean someone actively refuses, i.e. answers 'No' to the question. Ignoring the text is not refusing, as you can give consent at the vaccine centre. I know from experience as I did this myself.

I think it's just a poorly worded article, but the tone of it suggests it's simply a way to speed up the process, and it says people are being encouraged to do this (i.e. it's not mandatory).

Think about it, if people were getting appointments cancelled for not doing the online questionnaire it would be all over the news, and there would be much stronger messaging around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Husband managed to get talking to one local pharmacy. They are going to vaccinate us even though we are over 35 and under 50. Thank god for them. They gave us the choice of the j/j or the pfizer one.
    Is there actually much of a difference bar one is 1 jab and the other is 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I know a 35, 37 and 39 year old who are all getting their first dose of Pfizer in the Aviva next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

I'm 35 and got my first Moderna vaccine today at Galway Racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Still waiting for notification text for second vaccine? have phoned helpline a number of times over the last 2 weeks, apparently it's been "escalated" but still no text, anyone else having a delay with second jab?

Not Pfizer, but AZ. I’m on week 15 now…

I took a neighbour to get their jab today as they don’t drive. It was AZ too and I just went in and chatted to the receptionist/ registrar and my account was all messed up. Lots of wrong information was entered in about the vaccination, and, I’m guessing here, that a data quality check probably flagged my account and the HSE have not been able to do anything about it, even though this was long before the hack (in a normal world this is what should happen to check for mistakes/ errors). Once the errors were sorted they said my account was unlocked. I didn’t set it up, as this was the original rollout before the portal (all my personal data was correct). I was at a quiet time in the afternoon and she was like we’ve had a few last minute cancellations, so we can do it now if I wanted.

I guess that is always an option. Not saying it will work for you or anyone else though. They were only doing AZ today at my MVC, for instance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Flying Fox wrote: »
    I take that to mean someone actively refuses, i.e. answers 'No' to the question. Ignoring the text is not refusing, as you can give consent at the vaccine centre. I know from experience as I did this myself.

I think it's just a poorly worded article, but the tone of it suggests it's simply a way to speed up the process, and it says people are being encouraged to do this (i.e. it's not mandatory).

Think about it, if people were getting appointments cancelled for not doing the online questionnaire it would be all over the news, and there would be much stronger messaging around it.

That was my interpretation also, that it means where someone does not give consent either verbally or online.

And yes, exactly, it would be contrary to all common sense, to have people arriving at a vaccination centre, ready for their jab, and telling them they couldn't have it because they hadn't completed the consent online.

As you rightly say, that would be all over the news!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

ddarcy wrote: »
    Not Pfizer, but AZ. I’m on week 15 now…

I took a neighbour to get their jab today as they don’t drive. It was AZ too and I just went in and chatted to the receptionist/ registrar and my account was all messed up. Lots of wrong information was entered in about the vaccination, and, I’m guessing here, that a data quality check probably flagged my account and the HSE have not been able to do anything about it, even though this was long before the hack (in a normal world this is what should happen to check for mistakes/ errors). Once the errors were sorted they said my account was unlocked. I didn’t set it up, as this was the original rollout before the portal (all my personal data was correct). I was at a quiet time in the afternoon and she was like we’ve had a few last minute cancellations, so we can do it now if I wanted.

I guess that is always an option. Not saying it will work for you or anyone else though. They were only doing AZ today at my MVC, for instance.

Each time I phone they say all my details are correct and there's no reason why I won't get my second vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Each time I phone they say all my details are correct and there's no reason why I won't get my second vaccine.

Same with mine. I think the person who entered in the jab info messed up. I think some in cork are on 40 days and Newstalk this morning was on Pfizer and AZ delays as well too. With the massive delivery last week, I’d say you should hear something this week at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Question for those who got vaccinated in Citywest. How much of a pain in the hole is it to drive there and back at say 5pm on a weekday evening? I'm thinking of cycling there instead (about 40 mins each way) if it means not getting stuck in mental traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭spakman

Stark wrote: »
    Question for those who got vaccinated in Citywest. How much of a pain in the hole is it to drive there and back at say 5pm on a weekday evening? I'm thinking of cycling there instead (about 40 mins each way) if it means not getting stuck in mental traffic.

it was prob about 15 mins stuck in traffic to get parking for me. that was just after 4pm of a Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dar_dar

37, Dublin City Centre. Still no appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Age 36:

I live in North Kildare and I registered on the portal 2 weeks ago, I heard nothing and then this evening I got a text off my local GP asking do I want to be considered for the Pfizer vaccine this week. I replied Yes. I am delighted as handier to get there instead of City West or Punchestown.

Are GP's and the HSE portal all linked up?

Advertisement