Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Still waiting here this evening, SW Dublin (so probably Citywest), age 39 and referred as cohort 7. They appear to be doing some 39 year olds on Monday and second dose for 46-47 on Wed-Thur according to posts here. Still AZ second doses for 60+ to do too, and some over 40 still not done at all yet, so looks like it will probably next weekend at the earliest maybe? I'll have the company on to me again tomorrow about it now. They're struggling to believe I'm not done yet.

Davexirl wrote: »
    Age 36:

I live in North Kildare and I registered on the portal 2 weeks ago, I heard nothing and then this evening I got a text off my local GP asking do I want to be considered for the Pfizer vaccine this week. I replied Yes. I am delighted as handier to get there instead of City West or Punchestown.

Are GP's and the HSE portal all linked up?

Similar happened to me. I got the vaccine from my doctor and my HSE portal updated to awaiting second dose. Both the HSE and my doctor took my pps so I assume that links up somewhere along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Similar happened to me. I got the vaccine from my doctor and my HSE portal updated to awaiting second dose. Both the HSE and my doctor took my pps so I assume that links up somewhere along the line.

Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

Age 37. Registered on portal 20 June. Got appointment text today for 8 July in the helix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

howiya wrote: »
    Age 37. Registered on portal 20 June. Got appointment text today for 8 July in the helix

Same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

dar_dar wrote: »
    37, Dublin City Centre. Still no appointment.

North side or south side?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bluedragonfly

Nov2006 wrote: »
    Helix are closing next weekend I believe and an MVC is opening in Cloghran. I’m due mine in 2 days also at the Helix but they are running 5 days late at the moment. So probably will get appointment for next Sunday but sure I’m off to Kerry on Sat. Like you had hoped it would be 4 weeks after

Did someone you know have five day delay for second dose at helix? Is that recent?

I had first dose 7th june (year 1975) and have heard nothing about second. It is four weeks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

Did someone you know have five day delay for second dose at helix? Is that recent?

I had first dose 7th june (year 1975) and have heard nothing about second. It is four weeks today.

Same for me I had mine the day before you and still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelladoo

Waiting for a second Helix appt from 6 June too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Nermal

Southwest Dublin, 40 years old, registered from the 1st June and still waiting.

Creative new excuse each time I ring. Today for the first time I was told registering 'early' had caused problems with my case.

Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Hey everyone. I have a question I hope you can help with. Sunday last week, I got my first vaccine appointment. As I was on holiday and wouldn't be able to make the appointment, I had to reschedule. Got a second appointment on the Tuesday for the following day, but again, I was still on the other side of the country and had to reschedule again. I haven't heard anything since. Should I just continue to wait for a new appointment or do I need to ring the HSE to, eh, I dunno, ultimate reschedule or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lochbob

First Vaccine 9th June
    Pfizer
    City West
    Second Vaccine 7 July

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Nermal wrote: »

Creative new excuse each time I ring. Today for the first time I was told registering 'early' had caused problems with my case.

Pathetic.

That's the first time I've heard that one. Going by what I've seen on this thread, plenty of people registered when their window open but before the exact day of their age and it seems they have gotten appointments fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

That's the first time I've heard that one. Going by what I've seen on this thread, plenty of people registered when their window open but before the exact day of their age and it seems they have gotten appointments fine?

Yep defo BS - My wife (39) regiestered weeks before her date to register but has an appointment today along with lots of other 39 yr olds in CityWest. I'm aged 40, registered when the general 40-44 age opened (so a few days early) and I'm still waiting over 4 weeks now.

So unless registering early just caused a glitch for the 40/41 age group I find that answer BS.

lochbob wrote: »
    First Vaccine 9th June
    Pfizer
    City West
    Second Vaccine 7 July

Citywest is an odd one. It's mad that 45 year olds are getting their second doses bang on time while so many 40-41 year olds haven't even had their first. I could understand the need to prioritise AZ second doses, but surely they need to make a bit of progress on first doses now rather than prioritising second doses for the mid 40s?

Obviously great news for you personally though, must be a relief to be nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cdcdn

Pathetic.

My partner (40) is also still waiting since June 6th for an appointment and has called several times and received no answers. We are in Maynooth. I’m 31 (32 in August) and losing hope I will get the vaccine in the next 2-3 weeks which I need to travel home to my home country to see my grandmother who is ill. I’ve registered with a couple pharmacies for Janssen but they seem to be slammed and apparently are only getting 50 doses a week (have I heard that right??!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Polar101

Same here, looking like more than 4 weeks for us. Hopefully something happens this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

39 Got text Friday for appointment Tuesday 6/7 in UCD.

Just did the online consent - No problems

Then did the 2 Medical questions - (answered correctly/appropriately) and appointment was canceled!

Rang up the HSE and am told there is a glitch in the system, I'm back in the q but told not to do the Medical questions before hand online and wait till I'm at the appointment to do them on paper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Pathetic.

How do they set the appointments I wonder as I was out Saturday and got chatting to a friend of mines girlfriend, she works in one of the MVC's and said if I forward on my number she'll put me at the top of the appointment queue.

I was a bit shocked that it could be done like that, I'm in no rush yet anyway so didn't bother but tempted to see does it work like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ladybird25

Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson
    Where: Pharmacy
    When: 6th July (tomorrow!)

I registered Friday 2th July after being told pharmacies were actually taking names down, so I tried with Boots and I actually got to make an appointment for the Pfizer one for the end of July and got cancelled (I am assuming cause they only approved J&J and Aztrazeneca and there was a mistake on the system) but I called a local pharmacy and got a call back on Saturday to set up the appointment.

For those of you looking into the pfizer in boots, there are early openings sometimes, not sure if it's due to these cancellations or identifying people outside the age bracket. Good luck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Husband managed to get talking to one local pharmacy. They are going to vaccinate us even though we are over 35 and under 50. Thank god for them. They gave us the choice of the j/j or the pfizer one.
    Is there actually much of a difference bar one is 1 jab and the other is 2?
    Greater level of efficacy in 2 doses but J&J works effectively against all variants. J&J advantage is one and done. Details here on vaccines.

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CCR

Pathetic.

40 and registered on 6th June and still waiting as well. North Kildare so Citywest would be centre for me.

Called yesterday as it was 4 weeks and was just told it would be escalated. Would have just gone for Pharmacy but local one was sticking to the 18-34 and 50+

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Pathetic.

I am now sorted but yes, I also had pretty poor experience with the call centre changing their story and making-up new escalation procedures each time. They need to stop making-up new rules/excuses and to start simply saying things as they are.

The only 2 answers for someone who has passed the advertised delay to receive an appointment should really be:
    - "Your vaccination centre is behind schedule and the age group they are currently dealing with is XX years old, which is older than you are. Please be patient and you will be contacted when they reach your age group." (no point in discussing for ages and making-up excuses if the person's turn simply hasn't came yet, just be transparent about the delay and where they stand in the queue)
    - "Your case has slipped through the net as your age group has already been covered by your vaccination centre but you haven't received an appointment, let me book one for you immediately." (resolve the issue immediately if the person is older than some people who are already receiving appointments at the same centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 banana_skin

Jab 1 Text: 6th June
    Jab 1 Appointment: 11th June
    Jab 2 Text: 2nd July
    Jab 2 Appointment: 9th July (Day 28)

Clonakilty MVC

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Still waiting for notification text for second vaccine? have phoned helpline a number of times over the last 2 weeks, apparently it's been "escalated" but still no text, anyone else having a delay with second jab?

Yes, I'd be due for 2nd Pfizer jab tomorrow and haven't even got an appointment yet (checking via portal).

I "belong to" Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Due to get second Pfizer this week at the earliest (Wednesday onwards probably), so expecting a text any day. Would be going to Mallow ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I'm in the same position (28 days up tomorrow, no 2nd appointment yet), Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

xboxdad wrote: »
    Yes, I'd be due for 2nd Pfizer jab tomorrow and haven't even got an appointment yet (checking via portal).

I "belong to" Helix.

Anyone I know beyond their 4 weeks were all previous Helix customers, whereas Citywest is hitting them bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭AhhHere

Ladybird25 wrote: »
    Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson
    Where: Pharmacy
    When: 6th July (tomorrow!)

I registered Friday 2th July after being told pharmacies were actually taking names down, so I tried with Boots and I actually got to make an appointment for the Pfizer one for the end of July and got cancelled (I am assuming cause they only approved J&J and Aztrazeneca and there was a mistake on the system) but I called a local pharmacy and got a call back on Saturday to set up the appointment.

For those of you looking into the pfizer in boots, there are early openings sometimes, not sure if it's due to these cancellations or identifying people outside the age bracket. Good luck all.

Had a boots appointment but was cancelled. Only has the Pfizer option on site now. Slim pickings for appointments but there are some. Hoping it doesn't get cancelled. Registered with another pharmacy on Friday so hopefully good news on that this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

AhhHere wrote: »
    Had a boots appointment but was cancelled. Only has the Pfizer option on site now. Slim pickings for appointments but there are some. Hoping it doesn't get cancelled. Registered with another pharmacy on Friday so hopefully good news on that this week

Is there an easy way of finding out which boots have the appointments without having to click into every single branch individually?

Advertisement