Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wandering2021

Registered with a few pharmacies but nothing yet. Fingers crossed for J&J this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭AhhHere

lemmno wrote: »
    Is there an easy way of finding out which boots have the appointments without having to click into every single branch individually?

Not from what I could see. A few places in cork have spaces. I'm down that direction later in the month so chances my arm. Cork also seem to be flying it from what I read here. So maybe less demand for uptake.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 1sttime1

There was a notice up in the Helix saying that other centres were going to be used instead of the Helix. I know the National Show Centre in Swords is going to be one of them. I wonder is that what is causing the delays?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

lochbob wrote: »
    First Vaccine 9th June
    Pfizer
    City West
    Second Vaccine 7 July

Speaking as someone (42) who had their first dose in CityWest on 29th June, your update their has sent my optimism into overdrive about when I'm likely to get my 2nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Second Pfizer jab in Citywest on Wednesday afternoon. text yesterday

jab is one day over the 28 indicated since first jab (8 June)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Second vaccine for this Thursday. 29 days after first one. City West also

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Second vaccine for this Thursday. 29 days after first one.

Which MVC and how old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭Russman

Hurrache wrote: »
    Anyone I know beyond their 4 weeks were all previous Helix customers, whereas Citywest is hitting them bang on.

Not arguing or anything, but I'm Citywest and getting dose 2 on Wednesday which will be day 34 for me. Friend of mine got jab 1 in Citywest on the same day as me and had his second dose last Wednesday (day 27). Seems completely random at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Seems pretty random so, just how it worked out with me anyway, 3 I know from Helix have hit or bypassed their 4 weeks, and out of 4 from Citywest, all exactly 4 weeks.

From other peoples posts on this thread, it doesn't seem unusual to be going slightly over on the Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cookie224

Hi, I'm 31, living in North County Dublin, I registered to some pharmacies' waiting lists but have heard nothing from any of them. I rang some pharmacies and they said they still have no doses sent to them so they are waiting too. Anyone that got an appointment for J&J vaccination in a pharmacy in this area knows if there are still available slots? Is there any point trying to just walk in and ask or they only vaccinate on appointment? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

wife got her 1st pfizer 7th of June so i think technically she would be due today second. Helix.. no text yet. Hoping for this week as heading outside of dublin for staycation saturday. im due my second pfizer around 17th july. Would there be any use in her phoning to say she away from saturday and could they get the appt out before then? Probably a fair chance it will come today/tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

First Vaccine 9th June
    Pfizer
    City West
    Second Vaccine 8th July

Well done HSE ��

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭Russman

wife got her 1st pfizer 7th of June so i think technically she would be due today second. Helix.. no text yet. Hoping for this week as heading outside of dublin for staycation saturday. im due my second pfizer around 17th july. Would there be any use in her phoning to say she away from saturday and could they get the appt out before then? Probably a fair chance it will come today/tomorrow anyway

Can't hurt to make a call, but FWIW I called them when I got to day 28 and they said they couldn't do anything until I was 5 days past the due date. Got my text yesterday which was day 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

42 north-west. Just before my age group was to register I rang my GP. Got in within 2 days for Pfizer no.1. Exactly 4 weeks later (appointment given at first shot) got Pfizer no.2. That was last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Russman wrote: »
    Can't hurt to make a call, but FWIW I called them when I got to day 28 and they said they couldn't do anything until I was 5 days past the due date. Got my text yesterday which was day 31.

I just called them too (28 days up tomorrow) and they said the same. I have to wait until Sunday and call them for escalation if I still don't have my 2nd appointment.
    When I asked them about any known delays with Helix specifically, they just repeated the generic answer they told me before: "It's all down to availability and supply."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I got my 1st Pfizer jab on the 6th of June and haven't received any texts yet for the 2nd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

First jab done in city west this morning, in and out in 20 mins, very efficient set up, fair few people there but never looked busy, their system to get things moving along is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I got my 1st Pfizer jab on the 6th of June and haven't received any texts yet for the 2nd one.

Just going by what the brother and dad got, but they were given the second date when they got the first jab, you sure they did not give you something then?

No text involved if i recall, then again they were GP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Just going by what the brother and dad got, but they were given the second date when they got the first jab, you sure they did not give you something then?

No text involved if i recall, then again they were GP

GP and pharmacies are different. You get your second appointment when you have your first jab. For those being vaccinated in HSE MVCs you’re not given your second appointment and have to wait until they contact you which could be within 4 weeks but depending on the backlog at the centre, may not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Login to the HSE portal and check if it's listed there. I haven't got an email or text yet but I checked on Friday and I'm scheduled for tomorrow.

First appointment 6th July in Wexford
    Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Login to the HSE portal and check if it's listed there. I haven't got an email or text yet but I checked on Friday and I'm scheduled for tomorrow.

First appointment 6th July in Wexford
    Pfizer

Cant get into the portal, password was saved on laptop so im certain its correct, it telling me incorrect password. I tried to reset password via email but the link they provide just sends you back to reset the password request. Called there and got through and the fella said no date set yet but that ill get a text soon

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Which MVC may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Chanquete

Hi - I got my first shot of Pfizer today 4 weeks (28 days) ago (in The Helix) and I haven't received any notification of the second appointment.

I called the helpline and the person on the phone said to keep waiting. Given the 3 days minimum between notification and appointment, at this stage I'm looking at a minimum of 32 days. This leaves me quite concerned, since Pfizer's recommended internal is 21 days, and the maximum interval that has efficacy studies behind it is 28 days. HSE's own guidelines specify "If the interval between doses is longer than 28 days, the second dose should be given as soon as possible."

I'm getting really anxious. I was wondering if this delay is common?

Thanks,
    Chanquete

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Chanquete wrote: »
    Hi - I got my first shot of Pfizer today 4 weeks (28 days) ago (in The Helix) and I haven't received any notification of the second appointment.

I called the helpline and the person on the phone said to keep waiting. Given the 3 days minimum between notification and appointment, at this stage I'm looking at a minimum of 32 days. This leaves me quite concerned, since Pfizer's recommended internal is 21 days, and the maximum interval that has efficacy studies behind it is 28 days. HSE's own guidelines specify "If the interval between doses is longer than 28 days, the second dose should be given as soon as possible."

I'm getting really anxious. I was wondering if this delay is common?

Thanks,
    Chanquete
    You should get it in a few days don't worry, look at the main appointment thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭techdiver

Same thing in Mullingar. Moderna second dose delayed. Wife should be having it by tomorrow but no appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

My Mrs got her first one on the 5th June but heard nothing about the 2nd dose. She rang the HSE and got nothing other than a supposed delay to the 2nd dose. No reason given and no timeline for the 2nd shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Chanquete

Thanks - you would think second shots would automatically be allocated/scheduled in the system.

But knowing I'm not the only one delayed gives me some peace of mind. Fingers crossed for a message soon.

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I wouldn't stress about it, some countries (France from memory) are doing 6 week Pfizer intervals, for presumably good reasons.

There also isn't a minimum 3 days between the text and the jab. I know people that have received the text only the evening before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

namloc1980 wrote: »
    My Mrs got her first one on the 5th June but heard nothing about the 2nd dose. She rang the HSE and got nothing other than a supposed delay to the 2nd dose. No reason given and no timeline for the 2nd shot.

are you dublin based? looks dodgy for friday for my wife.. her 28 days is today... seems pointless calling help line

Advertisement