Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

I got a text on Saturday evening at 7pm for an appointment at 8.30 am on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭beachhead

Chanquete wrote: »
    Hi - I got my first shot of Pfizer today 4 weeks (28 days) ago (in The Helix) and I haven't received any notification of the second appointment.

I called the helpline and the person on the phone said to keep waiting. Given the 3 days minimum between notification and appointment, at this stage I'm looking at a minimum of 32 days. This leaves me quite concerned, since Pfizer's recommended internal is 21 days, and the maximum interval that has efficacy studies behind it is 28 days. HSE's own guidelines specify "If the interval between doses is longer than 28 days, the second dose should be given as soon as possible."

I'm getting really anxious. I was wondering if this delay is common?

Thanks,
    Chanquete
    Nothing unusual is happening with your 2nd vaccine for Pfizer.The gap is not 21 days.It is more like 28 or 32 days.It appears that Sundays are not counted.You will not be forgotten.As soon as possible could,also allow for vaccine centres being busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

1977 / 44 yrs
    Registered 1st June
    CityWest (from North Kildare)
    Sunday 13th June
    Pfizer

Text 5th July for appointment 9th July, Citywest. That is 26 days only, so who knows if it will change, but well within Pfizer guidelines of 3-6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

are you dublin based? looks dodgy for friday for my wife.. her 28 days is today... seems pointless calling help line

Cork Pairc Ui Chaoimh is the MVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Midlands based.
    First jab: Tuesday 8th June
    Second jab: Today, Monday 5th July, in a couple of hours
    Vaccine: Moderna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

I had my first Pfizer 28 days ago today (Aviva). Yesterday I got the text for second jab this Thursday.
    So I wouldn't panic yet.

The 21 - 28 day interval is because that's what they tested with. It doesn't mean going longer caused problems.
    It's more of a "best before" situation, than a "use by".

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

You're good a while, OP, but I'd keep in touch with the HSE about it if it drags on any longer. The ECDC recommended Pfizer interval be reduced back to the 3 week interval (4 week gap is just to line it up with Moderna, which was trialed at 4 weeks) to speed up full vaccinations but this probably isn't possible really, due to supply and the attempted acceleration of first doses into younger cohorts.

However, most importantly, the EMA have sanctioned Pfizer for use on an interval basis of 19 - 42 days, which means it's safe and efficacious so long as you have your second dose inside 6 weeks of your first. If it goes beyond 42 days you're into off label use territory for the vaccine which is a no-no so if it drags on and you're getting uncomfortable with how long it's taking, just keep calling them and point that out.

But once you get your second dose inside 6 weeks, you'll be alright! No need to stress too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Living: North County Dublin
    Text: Today 5-July
    Appointment: Tuesday 6-July
    Venue: North County Dublin Pharmacy
    Johnson & Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Cian59 wrote: »
    Living: North County Dublin
    Text: Today 5-July
    Appointment: Tuesday 6-July
    Venue: North County Dublin Pharmacy
    Johnson & Johnson

Fantastic birthday present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I know two people who also got their first Pfizer shot 4 weeks ago in the Helix who have not received a text/update of the portal regarding the 2nd shot so definite delays at the Helix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Not sure if this thread should capture the GP and Pharmacy jabs anymore.
    Being as they will not follow age but be a mishmash of who got on first etc.

Maybe keep it to the vax centres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Chanquete wrote: »
    Hi - I got my first shot of Pfizer today 4 weeks (28 days) ago (in The Helix) and I haven't received any notification of the second appointment.

I called the helpline and the person on the phone said to keep waiting. Given the 3 days minimum between notification and appointment, at this stage I'm looking at a minimum of 32 days. This leaves me quite concerned, since Pfizer's recommended internal is 21 days, and the maximum interval that has efficacy studies behind it is 28 days. HSE's own guidelines specify "If the interval between doses is longer than 28 days, the second dose should be given as soon as possible."

I'm getting really anxious. I was wondering if this delay is common?

Thanks,
    Chanquete

Pfizer trials were done in 12 weeks intervals between jabs and I havent seen anywhere stated that they recommend 28 days. If they do, can you please post the link here?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Pharmacy give me a choice of Janseen tomorrow or Pfizer dose 1 on Saturday.

Tempted to wait the few days for Pfizer although probably no real difference between the two.

Age 36
    Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I had my first Pfizer in April. Second dose in June due to the HSE f***ing up. I presume it’s still as effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

I had my first Pfizer in April. Second dose in June due to the HSE f***ing up. I presume it’s still as effective.

It is actually more effective after 12 wks after recent researches carried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheCrank

Possibly supply issues. A large delivery of Pfizer arrived last week. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40325840.html

I had my first shot of Pfizer on June 6 and have an appointment for the next one this Saturday, so five weeks apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Galego wrote: »
    It is actually more effective after 12 wks after recent researches carried out.

Article here about that study: https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/05/14/study-finds-12-week-gap-between-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-dose-generates-35-times-higher-antibody-response/

Not peer reviewed, but sounds reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I was 35 days between doses and have seen others posting they were longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That 28 days is very elastic, its just optimum. You could get it after 40 or 50 days and it would be just as effective.

People need to inform themselves and be understanding of the bigger picture, which is the massive logistical and supply chain exercise which is going on here.

Don't worry, you'll be jabbed shortly and you'll be golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Spacing them out further (to a certain maximum) seems to be entirely acceptable.

It's going too far in the other direction that would problematic. You can't reduce the dose spacing. There are absolute minimums, which I think are 17 days or something like that - can't remember off hand.

The need for speed at the moment is to achieve maximum coverage quickly for practical reasons to get ahead of any incoming waves of variants, not for any technical reasons with the vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

spockety wrote: »
    Which MVC and how old are you?

Pfizer and 44, City West

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Russman wrote: »
    Not arguing or anything, but I'm Citywest and getting dose 2 on Wednesday which will be day 34 for me. Friend of mine got jab 1 in Citywest on the same day as me and had his second dose last Wednesday (day 27). Seems completely random at times.

A new patch came in at the weekend. My cousin is getting his on Tuesday, got text last week, wife is younger got a text on Sat for this Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Age 35
    North Dublin
    Boots Ashbourne
    Pfizer
    Registered with HSE over 2 weeks ago so tried the boots portal and got lucky I suppose
    Happy days! Good luck everyone, worth trying the boots booking system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

popped into coolock northside hickeys. 2.5k applied for there portal alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 humbahuwamba

First dose 7 June
    Just got my appointment for the second, 10 July
    Pfizer
    Enniscorthy
    Age 53

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Living: Naas
    Text: Due today I presume (saw my appointment on the portal just now)
    Appointment: 7 July
    Vaccine: Pfizer
    Venue: Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Great to see so such uptake and demand in young people. Lets hope this continues and we can make this the biggest youth movement since Repeal.
    Help us put this virus to bed and keep us all safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Great to see so such uptake and demand in young people. Lets hope this continues and we can make this the biggest youth movement since Repeal.
    Help us put this virus to bed and keep us all safe.

By the end of the month we could very well have the highest uptake of first doses in the world if the fully vaccinated by end of August is to be believed

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

antodeco wrote: »
    First vaccine confirmed 5th July
    Citywest
    Pfizer

All done there. Arrived around 3:10pm. About a 5 minute walk to the centre, have text ready. Queued for registration, about 10 minutes. Guy playing piano while you waited. Was nice! Phone number and photo ID required. About another 10 minutes queuing to get the jab. Painless injection. 15 minute observation. All done. In and out in less than an hour. Ran very well. Kudos to the volunteers. All smiles and politeness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Both myself and my wife both fully vaccinated now
    Delighted
    Galway MVC was busier than for first shot
    About a 20 min delay

Advertisement