Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Chanquete

Galego wrote: »
    Pfizer trials were done in 12 weeks intervals between jabs and I havent seen anywhere stated that they recommend 28 days. If they do, can you please post the link here?

HSE recommends 28 days - https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/pfizer-biontech/immunity/

Pfizer own recommended interval is 21 days - https://www.pfizer.ca/statement-pfizer-position-dosing-intervals-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

A Birmingham study of 12 weeks vs the standard 3 weeks (more antibodies with 12 weeks, but potential longer term immunity with 3 weeks) - https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/05/14/study-finds-12-week-gap-between-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-dose-generates-35-times-higher-antibody-response/?sh=2e3bf0f7a6a3

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

From HSE website:

As you can see, most of the issues would be raised if the dose interval was too short, not too long.

It’s a biological process, so there needs to be adequate time allowed for immunity to build.
    Comirnaty® (Pfizer BioNTech)

If a dose is given at an interval of less than 17 days, this this is not considered a valid dose. A third dose should be given 28 days after the second (invalid) vaccine.

If a dose is given between 17 and 27 days, this is considered a valid dose.

SpikeVax® (COVID‐19 Vaccine Moderna)

If a dose is given at an interval of less than 24 days, it is not considered a valid dose. A third dose should be given 28 days after the second (invalid) vaccine.

If a dose is given between 24 and 27 days, this is considered a valid dose.

Vaxzevria® (COVID‐19 Vaccine AstraZeneca)

If a dose is given at an interval of less than 24 days, it is not considered a valid dose. A third dose should be given 28 days after the second (invalid) vaccine.

If a dose is given between 24 and 27 days, this is considered a valid dose.
    What if the second dose of COVID‐19 vaccine is administered at longer than the recommended interval?
    If the interval between doses is longer than the recommended interval, the second dose should still be given. The course does not need to be restarted.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/covid19vaccineinfo4hps/faqscovidvacc/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Living: Naas
    Text: Due today I presume (saw my appointment on the portal just now)
    Appointment: 7 July
    Vaccine: Pfizer
    Venue: Punchestown

All details for me exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dar_dar

North side or south side?

South side, still no word.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Age 51
    Registered 11 May

SMS received 19 May
    Appointment 22 May, Aviva, Janssen, 1st jab.
    Nurse refused to vaccinate me after a panic attack.

SMS received 09 June
    Appointment 12 June, Aviva, Pfizer, 1st jab.

SMS received 04 July
    Appointment 08 July, Aviva, Pfizer, 2nd jab. (will be 26 days between jabs)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

Age 46
    MVC Punchestown

1st text 6th June
    1st dose Pfizer 8th June

No appointment for second dose on portal or text so far.
    Supposed to be on staycation next week so hoping to get in before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Text: 5 July
    Vaccine: Pfizer
    Venue: Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Appointment: 11 July
    Vaccine: Moderna (1st dose)
    Venue: Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

cee_jay wrote: »

Here's hoping this is the start of sorting all of us that have been waiting over 4 weeks now for first jab

Edit: still though, 5 week wait to actual first jab iis frustrating when many in 20’s and 30’s have already had one or waited 2 weeks. Also many 42/43 have had or going for their 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

What has been the experience of people turning up early for a vaccine? If I went in at 9am would I be turned away?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Just checked the portal after seeing cee_jay’s post.

Looks like they are finally sorting the 40’s that have been overlooked for Citywest.

Me

Wife
    Text: 2 July
    Appointment: 5 July
    Vaccine: Pfizer (1st dose)

Also wife didn’t give consent or answer medical questions online and no issues at vax centre so I’d stick with that and not risk it. She was in and out in 35mins with appointment around 12pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Dad still waiting for his second dose of AZ.

61, Greystones Centre, due 2nd jab tomorrow (8 wks), no appointment yet. Anyone else similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

What has been the experience of people turning up early for a vaccine? If I went in at 9am would I be turned away?
    I was around 45 30 minutes early for mine last week and it wasn't an issue, I did ask first before queuing. When it got to the point of checking the texts the person checking was only interested in the date (definitely) and the venue (if I remember correctly, wasn't the time anyway).
    Edit: It was 30 minutes, it was around 45 minutes from queuing up to leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

61, Greystones Centre, due 2nd jab tomorrow (8 wks), no appointment yet. Anyone else similar?

Father in law, late 60s, was called to Gorey instead of Shoreline for second AZ late last week, 9 weeks after first.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

When I got mine they were telling people who were 20mins early to get back in their cars until 5 mins before. I don't know how it would work out if you tried to plead your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm 64, should have had my 2nd AZ last Wednesday if it's 8 weeks. My first dose was at the Aviva, although Greystones would have been much closer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Was expecting to be waiting longer looking at the last few posts but got my app today

Vaccine: Moderna, 1st dose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I was around 45 minutes early for mine last week and it wasn't an issue, I did ask first before queuing. When it got to the point of checking the texts the person checking was only interested in the date (definitely) and the venue (if I remember correctly, wasn't the time anyway).

That's why people are ending up queuing for 2 hours because people don't turn up at their scheduled time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

90 min queue at Citywest today, no checking of people's appointment times when joining the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

Age 44
    First dose of Pfizer in 8th June. Tomorrow is 4 weeks, no word yet on second dose.
    Helix vaccination centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Vaccine: Moderna, 1st dose

Rang the helpline today and was escalated. Text came through around 5pm. Definately looks like a load of 40 yo's being funnelled through citywest this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Appointment for me in the portal, no text received.

Vaccine: Pfizer -1st dose
    Venue: Enniscorthy

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

Stark wrote: »
    90 min queue at Citywest today, no checking of people's appointment times when joining the queue.

What time was that at, I had mine at city west today around 11am and from leaving car to getting back to car was no more then 25 mins, seemed to be loads there but everything moving very fast, do they not spread the vaccinations out equally through out the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

brianc27 wrote: »
    What time was that at, I had mine at city west today around 11am and from leaving car to getting back to car was no more then 25 mins, seemed to be loads there but everything moving very fast, do they not spread the vaccinations out equally through out the day

People turning up at the wrong time. Too early, too late etc... the concept of arriving 5 mins before their allocated slot is alien to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

brianc27 wrote: »

Was at 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

tscul32 wrote: »
    Age 44
    First dose of Pfizer in 8th June. Tomorrow is 4 weeks, no word yet on second dose.
    Helix vaccination centre.

Very frustrating. Seems like Helix came to a complete halt in terms of administering 2nd dose Pfizer and the HSE Helpline won't even admit there is any delay specifically with Helix. Wife gets 2nd dose today at Aviva, her appt came in like a week ago. I got my 1st dose 2 days after her and I don't even have a 2nd appt yet.
    Ppl are still getting appointments for 1st doses at Helix, so it did not stop getting allocations.
    Helix is completely gone from the list of MVCs:
    https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/VaccineClinics.aspx?county=Dublin
    ...and new replacement Swords MVC not listed yet either.
    Are we going to get delayed until they eventually open the new MVC in a couple of weeks time?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stark wrote: »
    Was at 5pm
    Yeah, same here. There was one person checking the texts, but that was only after about 20 minutes of queuing. At that stage, they're not going to say, "Nah, you're 30 minutes early, go back to the end of the queue".
    I expect if they'd had someone else at the end of the queue doing the same thing they might have been able to send a few people away who'd turned up early.

By all accounts, this is typical in Citywest, as people turn up 30-60 minutes early and over the course of the day a backlog then naturally builds up.

The queue moves at least. You're never left standing there looking at your feet for more than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

People turning up at the wrong time. Too early, too late etc... the concept of arriving 5 mins before their allocated slot is alien to many.

I don’t understand why they’re not issuing a barcode with the appointment text message. At the entrance of large centres they could just scan it on the phone in no time, with the machine saying no if the current time is widely different from the appointment time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bob24 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why they’re not issuing a barcode with the appointment text message. At the entrance of large centres they could just scan it on the phone in no time, with the machine saying no if the current time is widely different from the appointment time.

Huge amount of phones are not correctly set up to receive picture messages. Probably increasingly so as nobody uses them, using WhatsApp or iMessage instead

Entire message would fail to come through not just the barcode

Advertisement