Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burti16

Text: 5 July
    Appointment: 10 July
    Vaccine: pfizer, 1st dose
    Venue: a pharmacy in Dublin City Centre

Didn't know pharmacies are giving Pfizer though

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

L1011 wrote: »
    Huge amount of phones are not correctly set up to receive picture messages. Probably increasingly so as nobody uses them, using WhatsApp or iMessage instead

Entire message would fail to come through not just the barcode

But the system used your email address originally when setting up your HSE account, every single person had to verify their details by email…..so a barcode could be sent by email not text.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Huge amount of phones are not correctly set up to receive picture messages. Probably increasingly so as nobody uses them, using WhatsApp or iMessage instead

Text with a link, email, download option on the web portal - there are many ways of doing it. There could also be a PDF on the portail if people prefer a printout. Nowadays this is really considered basic stuff and barcodes are already used as boarding passes, bus/train tickets, event tickets, etc. People have no problem dealing with this kind of thing (especially the remaining younger cohorts).

Just a cheap and simple idea to speed-up verification (quick and easy to implement). Even if a small percentage of people don’t have the code and need to go to a slower queue for manual check, it would help a great deal. But I think issuing appointments and not checking times as it seems to be happening on a regular basis doesn’t make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

And they avoid using other forms because there's no guarantee that someone will have coverage at the vax centre. An SMS will always display when you open the app, an email or something else may fail to load at the time. Last time I checked, iPhones only store the last five days of emails. So if someone turns up outside this, opens the app, can't find email, oh, no coverage. Sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

seamus wrote: »
    And they avoid using other forms because there's no guarantee that someone will have coverage at the vax centre. An SMS will always display when you open the app, an email or something else may fail to load at the time. Last time I checked, iPhones only store the last five days of emails. So if someone turns up outside this, opens the app, can't find email, oh, no coverage. Sh1t.

You can easily adjust how many days emails you want to be stored on your iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Dad still waiting for his second dose of AZ.

61, Greystones Centre, due 2nd jab tomorrow (8 wks), no appointment yet. Anyone else similar?
    my parents and mil still waiting for 2nd jab DCU 63 and 61 and 59 10 / 9 and 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm fully vaccinated a few weeks now. Got a text for an other appointment. Anyone else get this?

On another note, looking back over the last few posts there seem to be a lot in the 50s age group only registering now for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

xboxdad wrote: »
    Which MVC may I ask?

The Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Ive been fully done since May, both jabsl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Flatmate has an uncle who owns a pharmacy in Cork shes off down there from Dublin today to get her J&J. She didnt register. I don't begrudge anyone a vaccine where they can get it but seems to be whats happening with pharamacy vaccines a lot

• Advertisement

I have a genuine and serious reason for why I cannot attend on time. I rang the HSE helpline whereby I tried to explain the circumstances and was told by an Indian call Centre operative that ‘millions of people’ were trying to change their appointments.

I had no opportunity to speak to a supervisor so the position I am in is that I either get it done earlier on the day or it will be 2/3 weeks before I am in a position to get my second dose.

I fully understand why it cannot be an appointment service and I fully understand why the system will collapse if people just turn up willy nilly at times that do not suit.

Cancel the appointment & they will reschedule the appointment automatically. Keep cancelling until they give you one that suits you. This the way the system is setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The update text they're sending out asking to read the vaccine leaflet and answer the questions online, are people doing that or is there still an issue with the appointments being cancelled?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Cancel the appointment & they will reschedule the appointment automatically. Keep cancelling until they give you one that suits you. This the way the system is setup.

You can't do that anymore. They introduced a new rule where if you cancel a certain number of times (it was either more than twice or more than three times) you won't be offered any more appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can easily adjust how many days emails you want to be stored on your iPhone.
    Most people won't. They'll turn up at the MVC and spend five minutes fumbling to try and find it, or be turned away when they don't have coverage and can't bring up the email.

SMS is the simpler solution. The aim here is to maximise the number of people vaxxed, and you do that by having the minimum amount of barriers. Email or Apps works for airlines because people will overcome barriers to make their flight. The person sent away from a vax centre for not having their appoinment email, will delay the whole queue and then just won't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Flatmate has an uncle who owns a pharmacy in Cork shes off down there from Dublin today to get her J&J. She didnt register. I don't begrudge anyone a vaccine where they can get it but seems to be whats happening with pharamacy vaccines a lot

I think Boots have their own separate portal now and Hickies.

HSE has just thrown open the flood gates as the request of Donnelly - will be hard to even collate who has what in the lower age groups for a while.

I understand they panicked as they saw the future electorate turn on them but it does seem to be very ropey.

Mind you GP's all over the west have been vaccinating anyone who called with whatever they had for a long time now. Younger brother vaccinated wages ago 30-35, never registered just called the GP up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Was there not mention over the weekend to change this? If you cancelled three appointments then you won't get a new one automatically without getting in touch with them.

Hurrache wrote: »
    The update text they're sending out asking to read the vaccine leaflet and answer the questions online, are people doing that or is there still an issue with the appointments being cancelled?

Someone posted here yesterday that they did it and had the appointment cancelled. Call centre told them to ignore the text next time. So obviously still an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

On another note, looking back over the last few posts there seem to be a lot in the 50s age group only registering now for some reason

Maybe due to the fact that soon being vaccinated will make it easier to travel, and it might also even impact in-country activities such as indoor dining? (not judging anyone or the merits of those rules here, but clearly this will give an extra incentive for people who haven’t been vaccinated).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Bob24 wrote: »
    Maybe due to the fact that soon being vaccinated will make it easier to travel, and it might also even impact in-country activities such as indoor dining? (not judging anyone or the merits of those rules here, but clearly this will give an extra incentive for people who haven’t been vaccinated).

Very true in fairness - then again if anyone chose not to register at the time they cannot really complain about having to wait a while now - and it could be a long wait.

But hopefully not.

Flying Fox wrote:
    You can't do that anymore. They introduced a new rule where if you cancel a certain number of times (it was either more than twice or more than three times) you won't be offered any more appointments.

That has always been on the website. You can cancel as often as you need to. In fact if you cancel each day for a month then they will actually phone you to see why

• Advertisement

That has always been on the website. You can cancel as often as you need to. In fact if you cancel each day for a month then they will actually phone you to see why

Yes but they clearly weren't implementing it before, as of last week they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

in that group of over 60's still awaiting second appointment - feal forgotten, given 50% are now supposedly fully vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

thebaz wrote: »
    in that group of over 60's still awaiting second appointment - feal forgotten, given 50% are now supposedly fully vaccinated.
    Same here. Very frustrating. My wife who is 5 years younger is already fully vaccinated.

Flying Fox wrote:
    Yes but they clearly weren't implementing it before, as of last week they are.

Nope. The worst thing that can happen is that you go to the bottom of the list. You might have to wait 3 weeks in this case.

Let's say that you are working out of the country on the dates offered. They still have to offer more appointments. They can't refuse any Irish citizen.

By mentioning only 2 appointments they are trying to scare people into getting ASAP rather than stay on holiday for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

thebaz wrote: »

They've been flaking through that group for the past week so hopefully you should hear very shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lostweekend3

I see 30-34 year olds can now register from tomorrow.. A lot of 35-39 yo have not been given an appointment yet it seems. The texts need to start rolling out now for this age group. It's 2 weeks since I registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭amargar

37, UCD, got the message on 1st July to vaccinate on the 7th.

Anybody on 35-36 getting their appointments on UCD already?

Nope. The worst thing that can happen is that you go to the bottom of the list. You might have to wait 3 weeks in this case.

Let's say that you are working out of the country on the dates offered. They still have to offer more appointments. They can't refuse any Irish citizen.

By mentioning only 2 appointments they are trying to scare people into getting ASAP rather than stay on holiday for 2 weeks.

They changed the policy last week, you obviously missed it:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40326161.html

You will be removed from the system if you keep cancelling appointments. It is possible to get reinstated but you have to actively contact them to do that, you can't just wait for them to send you a new appointment.

I know you were able to do it, but that was weeks ago before the new policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Re the people turning up at all sorts of times. If people queue for 20 minutes and are then turned away, that's their own tough sh1t for me. Let them stand in a waiting queue if they can't wait for their actual appointment time and if they can be dealt with, then great.
    It is BS that people are waiting 2 hours due to the cumulative effect of these simpletons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Pat_bottom

I see 30-34 year olds can now register from tomorrow.. A lot of 35-39 yo have not been given an appointment yet it seems. The texts need to start rolling out now for this age group. It's 2 weeks since I registered.

When ye were registering they said it would be slow moving because of the second vaccines that still had to be given. The estimate was 4 weeks for majority to get an appointment. I'd say they are opening to the early 30s now because of the Romanian supply they are securing so it should move things on.

I'm hoping to get news on my second shot this week it's my 4th week.

Advertisement