Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

I see 30-34 year olds can now register from tomorrow.. A lot of 35-39 yo have not been given an appointment yet it seems. The texts need to start rolling out now for this age group. It's 2 weeks since I registered.

35, Dublin. Registered two weeks ago as well. No confirmation received regarding 1st appointment date so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

39, SW Dublin , registered 2 weeks ago and referred as cohort 7. No appointment yet. Neighbours 40 and 41 also nothing yet, but others locally who are 39 were there yesterday. Hopefully soon. I'm booked in for surgery next Monday now, so just my luck it will clash. Not sure which I'll cancel if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Re the people turning up at all sorts of times. If people queue for 20 minutes and are then turned away, that's their own tough sh1t for me. Let them stand in a waiting queue if they can't wait for their actual appointment time and if they can be dealt with, then great.
    It is BS that people are waiting 2 hours due to the cumulative effect of these simpletons.

Agree they shouldn't be entertained, but IMO they need to be filtered out at start of the queue. You don't want to have a mess with people being rejected and gathering inside the premises - would make a mockery of social distancing measures.

Having said that, if it was made cleat that very early or late comers won't be seen, I'd say within a few days the problem would probably solve itself. People are chancing it because they know it is likely to work - if they knew there was no point most of them wouldn't be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

amargar wrote: »
    37, UCD, got the message on 1st July to vaccinate on the 7th.

Anybody on 35-36 getting their appointments on UCD already?

I think 1 or 2 people posted here last week that they were 35/36 & had received their appts for tomorrow in UCD. Meanwhile, I'm 38 & still haven't gotten mine. It's also now 11 days since my 38 year old husband got his text & 8 days since he got his jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I think 1 or 2 people posted here last week that they were 35/36 & had received their appts for tomorrow in UCD. Meanwhile, I'm 38 & still haven't gotten mine. It's also now 11 days since my 38 year old husband got his text & 8 days since he got his jab.

The centres seem to be slow in turning over people of the 35-39 age group. They may be doing weeks where the administer AZ second doses etc.

Just a guess but might explain the delays between similar age groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dodders

Finally some movement at the helix
    First dose: 5th June pfizer
    Second dose: 9th July (on portal just now)
    6 days after my 28th day

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bluedragonfly

Anyone in their 40s due jab 2 at the helix and got their appointment through this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Someone posted here yesterday that they did it and had the appointment cancelled. Call centre told them to ignore the text next time. So obviously still an issue.

I've since spoke to two real life people who answered the questions online without issue, they weren't aware of the potential cancellation issue. I imagine it's a rare and random glitch, or has been resolved at this stage otherwise we'd probably be hearing a lot more of it.

wench wrote: »
    I had my first Pfizer 28 days ago today (Aviva). Yesterday I got the text for second jab this Thursday.
    So I wouldn't panic yet.

The 21 - 28 day interval is because that's what they tested with. It doesn't mean going longer caused problems.
    It's more of a "best before" situation, than a "use by".
    It's not even that really. It's much better to significantly delay the second Pfizer vaccination to around 12 weeks

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/news/latest/2021/05/covid-pfizer-vaccination-interval-antibody-response.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Peckham

Peckham wrote: »
    Appointment text: 4 June
    First dose appointment: 8 June
    Centre: Greystones
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Second dose this morning. Exactly 28 days after my first dose.

Was even more efficient than the first time. Was back out the door less than 30 minutes after arriving.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    I've since spoke to two real life people who answered the questions online without issue, they weren't aware of the potential cancellation issue. I imagine it's a rare and random glitch, or has been resolved at this stage otherwise we'd probably be hearing a lot more of it.

It doesn't happen to everyone, but it depends if you want to chance it. Hard to know how rare it is, but it has happened to a few people here as recently as yesterday.

It did make the news a few days ago when it happened to the TD Duncan Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Still not a peep on my 1st jab, fully expecting to hear about people age 30-34 getting theirs before 35-39 is anywhere close to fully gotten their 1st jabs and yet im still not allowed get a Jansen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

Got 2nd Pfizer this morning in Dundalk. Very efficient set-up, no queue at all, I arrived about 5 minutes ahead of my appointment and was out the door 20 minutes later.

I'm very relieved to be done and dusted - my younger sister is still waiting for her 2nd AZ, and our brother ( younger than both of us) was fully vaccinated 2 weeks ago! We're all in different parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Text: 6th July
    Appointment: 8th July
    Vaccine: J&J
    Venue: Pharmacy, North Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

VinLieger wrote: »
    Still not a peep on my 1st jab, fully expecting to hear about people age 30-34 getting theirs before 35-39 is anywhere close to fully gotten their 1st jabs and yet im still not allowed get a Jansen.

That was the case for every other cohort so far.
    I'm 41 (almost 42) and in Dublin and only got my first jab 3 days after my just turned 35 year old brother who registered 4 weeks after me and got it on his birthday in Laois. Its geography at work!

That was the case for every other cohort so far.
    I'm 41 (almost 42) and in Dublin and only got my first jab 3 days after my just turned 35 year old brother who registered 4 weeks after me and got it on his birthday in Laois. Its geography at work!

It's not geography if it's happening in the same area, we have been told we will be vaccinated by age but I know people 40 and 41 near me who haven't been vaccinated and I know ppl that are 35 and 36 who have.

There's stories in this very thread of a husband and wife both 38 one vaccinated the other isn't, explain how that's geography at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Got a call from "O'Donnell's local pharmacy" in Wexford offering me an appointment, also Hanly's pharmacy in New Ross. Turned them down as got vaccinated in Citywest yesterday but might be an option for anyone within travel distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IwishIknew2020

Anyone in their 40s due jab 2 at the helix and got their appointment through this week?

No still waiting on text. 28 days today.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Age 47 still awaiting notification for 2nd jab in Punchestown. Had first one on June 7th.

Nothing on portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

VinLieger wrote: »
    It's not geography if it's happening in the same area, we have been told we will be vaccinated by age but I know people 40 and 41 near me who haven't been vaccinated and I know ppl that are 35 and 36 who have.

There's stories in this very thread of a husband and wife both 38 one vaccinated the other isn't, explain how that's geography at work?

How long since you registered? If over 21 days,although reports saying 26, then call the HSE.
    If its less than this time as much as I and most understand your frustration you will be getting the vaccine very soon. The system ain't perfect but it's motoring very fast at the moment. Every jab in someone arm helps you as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

Appointment Call: 5th July
    Appointment: 6th July
    Vaccine: J&J
    Venue: Pharmacy in Leitrim

How long since you registered? If over 21 days,although reports saying 26, then call the HSE.
    If its less than this time as much as I and most understand your frustration you will be getting the vaccine very soon. The system ain't perfect but it's motoring very fast at the moment. Every jab in someone arm helps you as well.

Im well aware the system isn't perfect but its not performing in anyway close to how we've been led to believe, so i think im perfectly justified in venting my frustrations. If i could be confident it was running in a fair and equitable way as it was claimed to be id have no issues but it is very obviously not, especially in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Age 47 still awaiting notification for 2nd jab in Punchestown. Had first one on June 7th.

Nothing on portal.

I'm the same they seem to have started that age group with a batch yesterday getting there 2nd and now halted for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelladoo

No still waiting on text. 28 days today.

28 days last Sunday and still waiting. They are doing Az today I know and vaccinating first doses of Pfizer to 30s on Thursday so hoping for Friday appt before it closes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

While it's great to see the delivery ramping up, it appears that those in the 35-39 cohort in Dublin have some fairly genuine cause for frustration.

It appears as though those living in rural locations and other urban centres have had greater access to the vaccine than those living in Dublin, mainly via the pharmacies but also in MVCs going by posts here.

I have a theory that there are a lot of people living in Dublin who are still registered to vote in their home places around the country, and perhaps the population of those locations has been overestimated as a consequence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

siochain wrote: »
    I'm the same they seem to have started that age group with a batch yesterday getting there 2nd and now halted for some reason.

yeah my wife phoned helpline today... was due yesterday second pfizer helix... they said can't be escalated till 5 days after due date... we due to go to west cork saturday... tensions high as might have to come back or delay going... down there for 2 weeks so don't fancy postponing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

hardybuck wrote: »
    I have a theory that there are a lot of people living in Dublin who are still registered to vote in their home places around the country, and perhaps the population of those locations has been overestimated as a consequence.

Would make sense and I would be one of those people. Seems everyone I know back home got it really quick. Walked past the Aviva yesterday and nothing happening at all there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

While it's great to see the delivery ramping up, it appears that those in the 35-39 cohort in Dublin have some fairly genuine cause for frustration.

It appears as though those living in rural locations and other urban centres have had greater access to the vaccine than those living in Dublin, mainly via the pharmacies but also in MVCs going by posts here.

It uses the eircode when registering, your electoral registered address doesn't come into how to allocate vaccines to MVCs.

The population of Dublin is simply more vast than rural locations, so naturally when it comes to age groups it will take longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I have a theory that there are a lot of people living in Dublin who are still registered to vote in their home places, and perhaps the population of those locations has been overestimated as a consequence.

Agree in general, but you do put in your Eircode which presumably is used to detect where people are living?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

It seems a bit mad that an 18 year old can walk into a pharmacy today and get a jab, but people aged 35+ who registered weeks ago haven't even got a confirmed 1st appointment.

Advertisement