Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

Hurrache wrote: »
    It uses the eircode when registering, your electoral registered address doesn't come into how to allocate vaccines to MVCs.

The population of Dublin is simply more vast than rural locations, so naturally when it comes to age groups it will take longer.

That much is true, but when they were planning where to open the MVCs, what capacity is required, etc, they presumably would have had to use the register. So the population of Dublin and surrounding suburbs may well have been underestimated.

There clearly is an issue with capacity in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

It seems a bit mad that an 18 year old can walk into a pharmacy today and get a jab, but people aged 35+ who registered weeks ago haven't even got a confirmed 1st appointment.

i don't think there's any surplus supply in chemists... if there was pfizer my wife would be interested around north dublin - waiting second jab

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

It seems a bit mad that an 18 year old can walk into a pharmacy today and get a jab, but people aged 35+ who registered weeks ago haven't even got a confirmed 1st appointment.

Agreed many i work with cant come back to the office until full vaccinated but their kids will now be done before them. Opening pharmacies to such a wide range of ages was madness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Hurrache wrote: »
    The population of Dublin is simply more vast than rural locations, so naturally when it comes to age groups it will take longer.

I don't think that's acceptable though. The allocation of vaccination resources should be proportional to population. Dublin Area should have more and bigger vaccine centres, with more staff, more capacity etc. It does to an extent, but seemingly not enough. So it shouldn't take longer because it should have the same resources by proportion.

Citywest appears to be covering a completely disproportionate population, even given it is a big centre. A friend from Kinnegad texted me today to say she has her appointment there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Agreed many i work with cant come back to the office until full vaccinated but their kids will now be done before them. Opening pharmacies to such a wide range of ages was madness

Right now I am the only unvaccinated person in my organisation. I am far from the youngest at 39. I am in Cohort 7. I am the only person our Occupational Health service made work from home. They are actually struggling to believe I am not vaccinated - I feel they're actually doubting me at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

hardybuck wrote: »
    While it's great to see the delivery ramping up, it appears that those in the 35-39 cohort in Dublin have some fairly genuine cause for frustration.

It appears as though those living in rural locations and other urban centres have had greater access to the vaccine than those living in Dublin, mainly via the pharmacies but also in MVCs going by posts here.

I have a theory that there are a lot of people living in Dublin who are still registered to vote in their home places around the country, and perhaps the population of those locations has been overestimated as a consequence.

This 100%! Opening up vaccinations to the younger cohort seems to have been made for mostly political reasons, because they kicked up a stink about working in pubs but not being able to drink inside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Reg: 20/06
    Text: 06/07
    Apt: 07/07
    MVC: GP
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

magoo84 wrote: »
    This 100%! Opening up vaccinations to the younger cohort seems to have been made for mostly political reasons, because they kicked up a stink about working in pubs but not being able to drink inside them.

Well the government were about to kowtow to NPHET and we were no longer in it together. People were about to be punished for not jumping the queue (anecdotally plenty have with GP's) and being younger than probably nearly every member of NPHET or government TD.

Now anyone can look for a vaccine and the government can kowtow to NPHET and say if you want to be vaccinated you can. We even gave the option of 1 shot.

I'm in the 35-39 bracket and am still waiting for an appointment. Heard of people registering with a pharmacy yesterday for a vaccine Thursday.

No text but checked the portal just now.

Apt: 11/07
    MVC: Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

A sibling -

Appointment: tomorrow
    Vaccine: J&J

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

magoo84 wrote: »

No text but checked the portal.

Apt: 11/07
    MVC: Aviva

What's the address of the portal, the phone helpline is a labyrinth of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reidman

Jab 1 June 6, jab 2 July 9. Lots of frustrated posters recently, hang in there they’ll get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Vaccine.hse.ie

it's the same website where you registered just use the login to your account or the already have an account option

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelladoo

reidman wrote: »
    Jab 1 June 6, jab 2 July 9. Lots of frustrated posters recently, hang in there they’ll get to you.

Were you morning afternoon or evening for first jab. I was evening last time on 6th so trying to figure out will I get an appt for Friday later on today? As going away Saturday - typical timing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Registered 21st June
    37 years old
    Dublin 4
    1st Dose - Pfizer - Date Sunday 11th July
    Venue: Aviva

No text checked the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

Family member
    Jab 1 Appointment: 14th May
    Jab 2 Text: 5th July
    Jab 2 Appointment: 11th July
    Fairways MVC, Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

For the people in Dublin aged 35-39 getting pfizer with a GP, was that arranged directly with the GP or is the HSE directing people who signed up on their website to GPs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dar_dar

Dublin
    Registered 19 June
    1st appointment 11 July
    No text yet. Info on portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Dublin
    Pharmacy registered 2/07
    Call 6/07
    Appointment 8/07
    J&J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 LillieDear

I don't think that's acceptable though. The allocation of vaccination resources should be proportional to population. Dublin Area should have more and bigger vaccine centres, with more staff, more capacity etc. It does to an extent, but seemingly not enough. So it shouldn't take longer because it should have the same resources by proportion.

Citywest appears to be covering a completely disproportionate population, even given it is a big centre. A friend from Kinnegad texted me today to say she has her appointment there!

Yep I'm 5km from Kinnegad and will be going to Citywest apparently. Still waiting for an appointment, registered 20th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wandering2021

Tipperary
    Pharmacy registered 2/7
    Appointment 6/7
    J&J

Woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LillieDear

Anyone know what the story is with the 35-39 cohort in Citywest? I'm waiting 2 and a half weeks now and have heard nothing (I know that's not a long enough wait yet). I've been assigned Citywest even though I live in Westmeath and there's 4 vaccine hubs closer to me. All a bit mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

So much for our great vaccine rollout and “following the science” on those older getting vaccinated first.
    It seems people in their 20s will be fully vaccinated before people in their 50s/60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Any 18 year old just walking into a pharmacy will get turned away, hardly anywhere are even taking appointments due to lack of supply. Parallel rollout will help break transition and is not a bad thing, especially with all vulnerable vaccinated more or less by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

So much for our great vaccine rollout and “following the science” on those older getting vaccinated first.
    It seems people in their 20s will be fully vaccinated before people in their 50s/60s.

Some of them will for sure but with AZ rollout to be finished by 19th July which is a fortnight, there's going to be the vast majority of twentysomethings still waiting to be vaccinated then.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 a-non

Has anyone in 36 age group got an appointment in the Helix? There doesn’t seem to be anyone posting with that location - and it had been removed from https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/VaccineClinics.aspx?county=Dublin. Are they in the process of moving to Swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 las_to_dub

Age 38
    Dublin 2
    Pfizer at the Aviva, Thursday 08 July 17:35

Too bad I had already called my GP earlier in the week and made an appointment for the same day but earlier!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Registered 20th June
    37 years old
    Dublin 4
    1st Dose - Pfizer - Date Sunday 11th July
    Venue: Aviva

No text checked the portal. What's the consensus on answering consent questions online, less risky to do it in person?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Family member 2nd AZ today at 8 1/2 weeks (62), at the Helix.

Advertisement