Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Age 41.
    2nd Pfizer dose. PUC
    Next Thurs 15th.
    Quick note. I got no text I just had a quick look at the portal randomly and noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

adam240610 wrote: »
    Any 18 year old just walking into a pharmacy will get turned away, hardly anywhere are even taking appointments due to lack of supply. Parallel rollout will help break transition and is not a bad thing, especially with all vulnerable vaccinated more or less by now

The 18 or 19 year old that was on the news yesterday getting vaccinated was not turned away.

The point is, an 18 year old can feasible get vaccinated while someone twice their age has to wait until the hse get their **** together.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Wish I'd known about the portal to check appointment staus, never got first text about first jab a d only found out my slot after calling the HSE.

Was due for 2nd jab today but am away, waiting for a reschedule text - tried the portal to see if new date os known yet but have not received that validation text.

a-non wrote: »
    Has anyone in 36 age group got an appointment in the Helix? There doesn’t seem to be anyone posting with that location - and it had been removed from https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/VaccineClinics.aspx?county=Dublin. Are they in the process of moving to Swords?

A friend of mine has an appointment there on Thursday evening. August '84 DOB.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    i just checked the portal and my status is Appointment 2 scheduled
    does that mean i need to call them or just wait for the text ?

You should be able to click a link to see your appointment details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

LillieDear wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with the 35-39 cohort in Citywest? I'm waiting 2 and a half weeks now and have heard nothing (I know that's not a long enough wait yet). I've been assigned Citywest even though I live in Westmeath and there's 4 vaccine hubs closer to me. All a bit mad!

Its up at about 39's still, seems they may have taken some time to work on second dose AZ there in higher age groups and thus stopped the 35-39 cohort.

I have gone to a pharmacy instead and am expecting an appointment next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

So much for our great vaccine rollout and “following the science” on those older getting vaccinated first.
    It seems people in their 20s will be fully vaccinated before people in their 50s/60s.

A few days back FF became afraid Mary was stealing the young vote from under them and shat the pants.

We now have a free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Dublin
    Registered 02/07 with pharmacy
    Done this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The 18 or 19 year old that was on the news yesterday getting vaccinated was not turned away.

The point is, an 18 year old can feasible get vaccinated while someone twice their age has to wait until the hse get their **** together.

A vaccine rollout like this is unprecedented and now they're in a race to get as many people vaccinated before it conceivably goes to poo because of rising instances of the Delta variant. The UK going full steam ahead with their plans to reopen fully on July 19th despite them having 27,000 plus, and rising, cases a day is most likely going to cause us a lot of problems.

I think the HSE have done a great job in the circumstances.

Also, that 18 year old on the news yesterday, if it's RTE news you were listening to, called one pharmacy over 40 times iirc and then canvassed every pharmacy in his area until he got his appointment. He didn't just rock up to a pharmacy and got seen straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

So much for our great vaccine rollout and “following the science” on those older getting vaccinated first.
    It seems people in their 20s will be fully vaccinated before people in their 50s/60s.

People in their 60s got their first vaccine 3 months before people in their 20s and have been enjoying partial protection ever since.

People 70+ have been fully vaccinated for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Second moderna done early this morning in Portlaoise it was exactly 4 weeks to the day from my first. In and out in 20 minutes.
    Huge relief now to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Also, that 18 year old on the news yesterday, if it's RTE news you were listening to, called one pharmacy over 40 times iirc and then canvassed every pharmacy in his area until he got his appointment. He didn't just rock up to a pharmacy and got seen straight away.

jeeze, that chap sounds like an absolute melt for the poor pharmacists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

jeeze, that chap sounds like an absolute melt for the poor pharmacists

I know a couple of people working in pharmacies and they said the phones were off the hook from Friday morning onwards with a stream of people coming in looking for appointments. One girl I know working around the Athlone area told me she was getting calls from people in Dublin looking for appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Hi All, quick question, I have an appointment for my 2nd vaccine in Citywest on Friday (Age 45). Can anyone let me know what the queues are like out there recently?

When I went for my first last month there was a 2 hour queue. Have things improved out there, can anyone answer who has been there in the last week or so, please?
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I'm in the early 40s gang and tomorrow will be 28 days since first dose in Helix and have no second appointment yet or any scheduled on the portal, himself is the same boat, we're assuming we are impacted by the changing venue to Swords.

Interestingly, this morning we had a letter from the HSE for our teen for HPV vaccine 2 and its stating that the new vaccination centre for the HPV catchup is the Helix.

You will be contacted over the next 2 weeks by a text from Swiftqueue with an appointment date. Location of venue The Helix DCU.

So the shuttering of the venue as a covid vacc location isn't only linked to return to Uni students.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Is1ldur wrote: »
    Hi All, quick question, I have an appointment for my 2nd vaccine in Citywest on Friday (Age 45). Can anyone let me know what the queues are like out there recently?

When I went for my first last month there was a 2 hour queue. Have things improved out there, can anyone answer who has been there in the last week or so, please?
    Thank you!
    Got the first one last week and I was about 25 minutes or so queuing and then the 15 minute wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is1ldur wrote: »

Thank you!

90 min queue and 15 min wait when I was there yesterday after 5pm. My appointment time was 5:15pm, joined queue at 5:10pm, was out of the centre at 6:55pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

It's like all the channels since the start. You think that by registering you are going to be jabbed soon. Then you hear about people in the same age group or younger getting jabbed sooner in another region (or in a GP surgery) and start feeling left behind (I'm not criticising, I was exactly the same). While the media were reporting on younger people getting vaccinated in pharmacies yesterday, some who registered over the past week won't be jabbed for a week or two as the pharmacies get supplied and get jabbing. Meanwhile, people registered on the portal will continue to get appointments every day that goes by and some who are annoyed now because they've been waiting a couple of weeks will actually get jabbed sooner that a lot of the 18 year olds who just registered in pharmacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

Hi All, quick question. Does answering the medical questions online still result in having your appointment cancelled?

Think i read something to that effect here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭recyclops

recyclops wrote: »
    36, Just got my text from greystones for sunday morning, registered on sunday the 20th

Couldnt get mine in the end as ended up in hospital on the sat and on antibiotics now for the week, Fairly down about it and cancelled on the app.

Just got my text for Shoreline for this saturday so hopefully the infection has gone and I can get down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

howiya wrote: »
    Hi All, quick question. Does answering the medical questions online still result in having your appointment cancelled?

I answered mine online and had no bother at all . It didn’t cancel it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Sparko

howiya wrote: »

My dad had his second dose of AZ last weekend, he filled in the questionnaire online and his appointment was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Niall145

If I apply for the Jannsen vaccine via the online portal next Monday, how long is it likely to take to get the appointment date, on average?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Finally got my 2nd AZ appointment.

Age 64, Monday 12 July, UCD.

First AZ was 6th May at Aviva, so about 9.5 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

KGLady wrote: »
    I'm in the early 40s gang and tomorrow will be 28 days since first dose in Helix and have no second appointment yet or any scheduled on the portal, himself is the same boat, we're assuming we are impacted by the changing venue to Swords.

My husband is exactly the same, 28 days since the first jab in the Helix and not a sniff of a second one yet. Between getting the second dose AZ sorted and then moving to Swords, I’m not expecting him to hear anything until the end of next week, at this rate. I know the Pfizer jab is tested up to a six week gap, but we’re like everyone else, just want to get it done.
    KGLady wrote: »
    Interestingly, this morning we had a letter from the HSE for our teen for HPV vaccine 2 and its stating that the new vaccination centre for the HPV catchup is the Helix.

So the shuttering of the venue as a covid vacc location isn't only linked to return to Uni students.

Interesting. DCU doesn’t start back until the 20th September, so I don’t see how that could have any impact on the use of the Helix, unless they are doing billions of summer courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭howiya

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I answered mine online and had no bother at all . It didn’t cancel it

Thanks answered them there and the appointment still stands

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

What time is the 18-34's portal expected to open for tomorrow at??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

For previous registrations, registration opened about 11pm the previous evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Eivor

Im 27 and just got an appointment for J&J in boots for tomorrow at 12pm. Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

Cheers. Just looking to be on the ball. Standard for these things would be the midnight'er time. But i keep watching.

Thanks

Advertisement