Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

JimmyVik wrote: »
    They are most likely going much faster in the most populated areas though compared to less populated.
    Probably a few reasons for that. Like more staff and centers and also that it makes sens to put more effort into speed of vaccination in more populated areas.
    Greater Drogheda has a population of 80000

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Just heard of a 49 friend in South Dublin getting Pfizer tomorrow, no underlying conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There's no evidence of this so far in Ireland. Everyone you talk to is counting the minutes to vaccination. Much bigger point is that loads of people are already vaccinated in cohorts 4 and 7 which speeds things up - but the biggest factor is ramping up of supply.

It's happened in just about every other country so far. Why do you suppose Ireland will be different? Plenty of Younger people feel they don't need it. Its seen as something for us older people.

We won't know for a few weeks now because of the HSE hacking. They don't rush forward with the bad news. Nothing about people refusing AZ in the news but calls to the helpline last night confirms lots have refused it and yesterday they were swamped with calls from people not wanting j&j. Government only release positive information about the vaccine rollout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Got a text today, appointment tomorrow

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

hairyslug wrote: »
    Got a text today, appointment tomorrow

In a MVC? Where you referred by GP? 41 can’t register yet?

• Advertisement

clunked wrote: »
    Just heard of a 49 friend in South Dublin getting Pfizer tomorrow, no underlying conditions

via gp, that can happen. Or your friend might be lying about their age.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's happened in just about every other country so far. Why do you suppose Ireland will be different? Plenty of Younger people feel they don't need it. Its seen as something for us older people.

We won't know for a few weeks now because of the HSE hacking. They don't rush forward with the bad news. Nothing about people refusing AZ in the news but calls to the helpline last night confirms lots have refused it and yesterday they were swamped with calls from people not wanting j&j. Government only release positive information about the vaccine rollout

There’s no large anti vax movement here. People want it across all age groups and they want to travel. Nobody wants AZ, myself included, because it takes longer to be fully vaccinated, which isn’t an anti vaccination ideology. The opposite in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Maybe your friend registered as 50 last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

via gp, that can happen. Or your friend might be lying about their age.

Nope and nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

pc7 wrote: »
    In a MVC? Where you referred by GP? 41 can’t register yet?

Got a text from my GP this afternoon asking if I would be interested.

• Advertisement

fvp4 wrote:
    There’s no large anti vax movement here. People want it across all age groups and they want to travel. Nobody wants AZ, myself included, because it takes longer to be fully vaccinated, which isn’t an anti vaccination ideology. The opposite in fact.

It's not an anti vax movement. The reality is that as they move through the age groups less & less will be taking it. Even the annual flu vaccine has the same pattern. Younger people are barely effected by covid. Many don't see a reason to take it. It's not that they are anti vaxers. They don't relate to it.

The closest to the Irish are our neighbours in the UK. Boris is trying to put a positive spin on it but there are real concerns about the take up. Slowing down now. The India variant outbreak have a lot of people who qualified for the vaccine but didn't get it. This is the tell tale of what is really happening.

There is fear of AZ & J&J here in Ireland. Government here has been giving mixed messages on these vaccines. A few weeks ago it wasn't safe for over 50s to get them & now it is. Its not safe for under 50s but from 45 to 50 can get it but not if there is an alternative in stock. They changed the 45 to 50 rule because we will have too much AZ and J&J for the over 50s group. They changed the rule because they don't want to throw away vaccine that is being delivered & not because its all of a sudden safe for the age group. Its either safe or not. Terrible mixed messages

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭No Bills

50. South Dublin. Got text today (May 19th). Appointment in the Aviva on Monday May 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

Aviva
    21st May
    J&J

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Is it just after midnight tonight that 48yr olds can register for the vaccine or is it tomorrow during the day,also how do I register, is it all online or can I ring a certain number?,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 garrett b

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Good to see them down to the 51s. At this rate they should be into the 40s next week.

Some of us aul fellas are still waiting! :)

54. Dublin 1. Nothing yet. I'm guessing it'll be in Croke Park, Pfizer I hope. Going by the comments, Croke park seems to be moving slower than other sites. Irony of it is the Aviva is just 20 minute walk from my front door. (Docklands)

Nope and nope

So not a GP and though the online portal? Thats likely nonsense then. But where is she?

Btw if people get a text from your GP they should say that. On its own "get a text" seems to indicate from the portal.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's not an anti vax movement. The reality is that as they move through the age groups less & less will be taking it. Even the annual flu vaccine has the same pattern. Younger people are barely effected by covid. Many don't see a reason to take it. It's not that they are anti vaxers. They don't relate to it.

You say that without evidence. I just don't see that reluctance here. And we aren't near the age group where we would know.

forestgirl wrote:
    Is it just after midnight tonight that 48yr olds can register for the vaccine or is it tomorrow during the day,also how do I register, is it all online or can I ring a certain number?,thanks

You can do it now. They ask only 1 age per day register for fear of swamping the site. When the 59s opened everyone in the 50s could register on the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ALS

age 54 Years

- When: Saturday, 22 May
    - Where: Helix Theatre Vaccination Centre (CVC

- Vaccine: Janssen
    - Read the patient information leaflet: https://hse.ie/!6TZVNR

Bring your phone, photo ID and a face covering. If you do not bring photo ID, you cannot enter the vaccination centre.

Be on time but do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment.

Read more about going to a vaccination centre: https://hse.ie/vacctr

If you need to:
    - reschedule your appointment, reply "New" to this text
    - ask a question about your appointment, call the COVID-19 helpline on 1850 24 1850

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭irbx

forestgirl wrote: »

Just tried to reg with 1976 birth year and it allowed me to register. The year a day thing is more to stop the Helpline number from getting swamped and spread it out over a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Wife (53) vaxx’d today in Aviva, Pfizer, first jab.
    Two friends aged 50 got calls today from the Aviva, to come in 2 hours for first vaxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Date of Registration: 10th May

Texts/Emails received: 19th May (text)
    Vaccination appointment for: 20 May (short notice!)

Vaccine: Pfizer/BioNTech

53 yr old male, got text tonight for sath lunchtime.....JANSSEN.....just the one shot

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

50 years old. Applied Friday 14th. Just received text, 1st dose, Pfizer, Sunday 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sharon_B

Age 52
    Registered 5th May
    Text received just now 19/05
    Punchestown MVC
    Pfizer

edit.
    Vaccine on 21st may

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

forestgirl wrote: »

You can register now, OH registered this morning, same age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Going through the comments just wondering why people are reluctant to get J&J. Is pfizer or moderna really that good compared to J&J?

I thought one shot J&J is more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

Registered 9th
    Text received 19th
    Croke park
    j and J
    Vaccine 23rd May

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Going through the comments just wondering why people are reluctant to get J&J. Is pfizer or moderna really that good compared to J&J?

I thought one shot J&J is more convenient.

Probably the clot and efficacy concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 DuckFeather

Male 50
    Galway RaceCourse
    Appointment Sunday.23rd May
    Registered 13th May
    Text This evening.
    Pfizer.

Advertisement