Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Appointment date: 09/07
    Pharmacy (Boots Ashbourne)
    Pfizer

Just got lucky with Boots and hope they don't cancel!

Went to book another for my wife and in a few seconds another slot was gone. Worth keeping an eye on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,767 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Defeats the purpose of the age breakups so.
    Sorry didn't know that was how it went as I only dealt with it today since the announcement of my age group same as I did this morning in local pharmacy

Not to worry

Its only ever been max 6 days earlier (age dependent). Other than the thing that it has always been year not date of birth so a substantial amount of 34 year olds could register for weeks now etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Appointment date: 16/07
    Portal: Sometime 6/7 16-17
    Text received: 6/07 17:25
    MVC: UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

greenheep wrote: »
    41 year old still waiting for first appointment at Aviva, called several times but nothing yet

Think they've forgotten about our age group now , I got the first one and told I'd be getting the second one .....

557792.JPG
    Delete_28.JPG

That was 30 days ago now though and nuthin

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

dave oc wrote: »
    I was able to register an account with my year of birth which is in the 30-34 bracket. Does this mean it’s working? Would this usually be blocked? It doesn’t give a warning or block you if you put in 1995 (younger than 30) either for example.

It blocks me at 1992 from reg I will when 30 to 34 opens tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

"What group are you in?
    Registration is open to people aged 35 to 69.

If you are not aged 35 to 69, do not register now. You will not be vaccinated if your ID does not match your registration details.

People aged 35 to 69
    I’m not in this group"

Yeah its allowing me to sign up per my age even though the group age itself hasn't been allowed for yet

Surely there's a possibility of that coming back to bite people that registered before they opened it.

I assume when you register early you just go to the bottom of an excel file filtered by age and thus don't get an app as anyone of age auto goes in ahead of you

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

35 just got an appointment for the Aviva stadium for the 12th July.

Does anyone know if this is a drive through vaccine like City West or will I need to park and attend on foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

cintec wrote: »
    35 just got an appointment for the Aviva stadium for the 12th July.

Does anyone know if this is a drive through vaccine like City West or will I need to park and attend on foot?

City west is not a drive through vaccine. You park, queue, get your vaccine and wait in an observation area for 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭patscott27

50 y.o. Drogheda. Offered 2nd Pfizer on 12th July .41 days after the first. Time didn't suit me. Any idea how long before rescheduled appointment will be offered to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭andrewbrowne

I assume when you register early you just go to the bottom of an excel file filtered by age and thus don't get an app as anyone of age auto goes in ahead of you

Well I have registered as a 34 year old. Only thing I can be possibly doing wrong by the sounds of it here is registering before the thing opens.

So all things being equal I'm good to go as a 34 year old when the thing officially opens late tonight/tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Text received: Today, Tues 6th July
    Appointment: Sunday 11th July
    Venue: Greystones

Glad to finally get an appointment, but I'm on holidays in the back arse of nowhere atm. Luckily we're due back on Sunday, appointment day... but...
    1. How strict are they about the appointment times? It's a loooong drive home.
    2. The only photo ID I have with me is my driver's license, but it's the crappy old version on a piece of paper. I assume that's ok though? It would take too long to go home first to collect my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭plhealy2000

Registered 6th June

1st Dose June 10th PUC Cork

2nd Dose July 15th PUC Cork (35 days from 1st dose)

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

The Helix

The Helix seems completely blocked from doing 2nd Pfizer doses.
    My wife is now fully vaccinated (Aviva). I got my 1st shot 2 days after her and I don't even have a 2nd appt yet.

I'd love to hear some good news from someone that they got a 2nd Pfizer appt to the Helix finally.

Dodders wrote: »
    Finally some movement at the helix
    First dose: 5th June pfizer
    Second dose: 9th July (on portal just now)
    6 days after my 28th day

Finally some good news about the Helix. (1st dose on the 8th, let's see what happens)

Problem I have now is that I fall under the 2 jab category.

Will that be changed when they see that I am under 35 and qualify for single jab?????

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Problem I have now is that I fall under the 2 jab category.

Will that be changed when they see that I am under 35 and qualify for single jab?????

The single jab J&J vaccine should be registered with your local pharmacy, not on the website. Although there's a chance you can get the single jab in vaccine centre as well, it's mainly for Pfizer & Moderna.

Hurrache wrote: »
    I've since spoke to two real life people who answered the questions online without issue, they weren't aware of the potential cancellation issue. I imagine it's a rare and random glitch, or has been resolved at this stage otherwise we'd probably be hearing a lot more of it.

On the other hand, my wife just got her 2nd dose at Aviva without answering the medical questions online. In case someone is in the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Wife just got offered an appointment on the 17th which is 1 weekend were away this month, how long do they push you out if you refuse the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

It blocks me at 1992 from reg I will when 30 to 34 opens tomorrow

It's amazing how a national website can't even get the basic calculation right... I guess they have a leeway of 5 year?

Sam W wrote: »
    The single jab J&J vaccine should be registered with your local pharmacy, not on the website. Although there's a chance you can get the single jab in vaccine centre as well, it's mainly for Pfizer & Moderna.

Registered with pharmacy. But they said go ahead and register for HSE one too as the HSE one was more likely to meet demand than the pharmacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

dmn wrote: »
    Area: Dublin 8
    Appointment received: 06/07/2021
    Appointment date: 10/07/2021
    SMS: Received about 1 hour after portal update.
    Brand: Pfizer

I'm the same, Dublin 8.
    Didn't expect to have to go all the way to Greystones but I'm not complaining. I'd go to Achill Island if it meant getting the vaccine.

I know of three people in D6 and D12 getting appointments for Greystones on Sunday morning, all at 9am. Could this be another mistake?

One of them doesn't drive so has no way of getting there so early on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Moody_mona wrote: »
    City west is not a drive through vaccine. You park, queue, get your vaccine and wait in an observation area for 15 minutes.

I only got tested in City west so i assumed it was the same for receiving the vaccine.

My main question is around the Aviva stadium and if parking is available on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

xboxdad wrote: »
    The Helix seems completely blocked from doing 2nd Pfizer doses.
    My wife is now fully vaccinated (Aviva). I got my 1st shot 2 days after her and I don't even have a 2nd appt yet.

I'd love to hear some good news from someone that they got a 2nd Pfizer appt to the Helix finally.

Yup can confirm, hearing nothing about a second date at Helix and it's gone over 28 days. We've been ghosted/gaslighted or whatever the term these millennials use is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

Text received: Yesterday, Monday 5th July
    Appointment: Saturday 10th July

Vaccine No. 2, 27 days after vaccine No. 1 which I got at 15 minutes notice when they had spare stock due to no shows. Delighted to get the text as I had read on here of loads of people going way beyond their 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Flying Fox wrote: »
    I know of three people in D6 and D12 getting appointments for Greystones on Sunday morning, all at 9am. Could this be another mistake?

I presume they have capacity at Greystones and are using it as an overflow for the busier Dublin centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Flying Fox wrote: »

Same boat, I am in D8 and got a Greystones appointment for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jmcgold

Does anyone know what time the citywest vaccine centre starts operating in the mornings?

reidman wrote: »
    Jab 1 June 6, jab 2 July 9. Lots of frustrated posters recently, hang in there they’ll get to you.

Which MVC please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

First Pfizer shot: Monday June 7th
    Venue: Punchestown
    Notification of second shot: Tuesday July 6th
    Appointment: Sunday July 11th

So 28 days +6.

Advertisement