Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

coldfire1x wrote:
    I thought one shot J&J is more convenient.

They all give good protection. Some better than others but that's not why some people are reluctant to take J&J & AZ Blood clots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sowerberry

Date of Registration: 19th May (0530)

Texts/Emails received: Text, 19th May (2113)
    Vaccination appointment for: 22nd of May

Vaccine: J&J
    Croke Park

Delighted but can't believe I only registered this morning (when 49 year olds cohort opened) and have my appointment for Saturday already!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Sowerberry wrote: »

Croke Park

Delighted but can't believe I only registered this morning (when 49 year olds cohort opened) and have my appointment for Saturday already!

Very quick that. Great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

50 years old. Applied Friday 14th. Just received text, 1st dose, Pfizer, Sunday 23rd.

Do you mind me asking what site?

Wondering how quickly the Waterford WIT is progressing

Croke Park

That's an interesting one. The NIAC advice was only to offer J&J to people in their 40s if an mRNA is unavailable. Sounds like they're just offering it anyway and interpreting "unavailable" very loosely.

It also seems like someone has to turn up to the appointment if they want to make the choice to wait for an mRNA, which is a waste of a slot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Flying Fox wrote: »
    That's an interesting one. The NIAC advice was only to offer J&J to people in their 40s if an mRNA is unavailable. Sounds like they're just offering it anyway and interpreting "unavailable" very loosely.

It also seems like someone has to turn up to the appointment if they want to make the choice to wait for an mRNA, which is a waste of a slot.

Has this last part been confirmed anywhere?

Cheers

And yes, Jansson seems to be getting lashed out to under 50s regardless :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Male 42 , due a shot on 7th June. Rum and coke. No vaccine!

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Cheers

And yes, Jansson seems to be getting lashed out to under 50s regardless :confused:

Just my reading of it. If there's no option to consent to it on the portal or after getting the text, then presumably you would have to turn up? Unless you can let them know through the helpline, but I don't know if that would be allowed.

We probably won't really know until we hear of people going through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Cheers

Other than that poster earlier (doing first post), who at 49 registered today and got a text today, have other 49yr olds got offered J&J?

The huge amount of J&J confirmations on here seem to be 50,51,52,53 mainly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

sean72 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what site?

Wondering how quickly the Waterford WIT is progressing

I'm 56 and registered on the 7th. Text today with appointment on Friday. Janssen.

Waterford a few days behind Dublin and Cork based on friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Cheers

Any chance the 49 year old is 50 this year? As in born in 1971?
    This would be considered to be 50 years old with the hse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Other than that poster earlier (doing first post), who at 49 registered today and got a text today, have other 49yr olds got offered J&J?

The huge amount of J&J confirmations on here seem to be 50,51,52,53 mainly?

I sped read this and the Vaccine thread today due to time restraints (plus we're all a bit Covid information'd out at this stage)

Was it just the one under 50 Jansson you saw? I could've swore I saw a few Podge, but open to correction

We'll know more in the next few days I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I sped read this and the Vaccine thread today due to time restraints (plus we're all Covid'd out at this stage)

Was it just the one under 50 Jansson you saw? I could've swore I saw a few Podge, but open to correction

We'll know more in the next few days I'm sure

Only noticed the 1 so far, as was surprised at amount of J&J so suddenly. But does seem to be for the 50s. I admit to being very sceptical that someone of 49 registered this morning, and got a text this evening. But this thread should soon tell us if this is likely hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Croke Park

Me too = registered approx 2am text approx 9.15pm on 19 May
    J&J on 22May at Croke Park
    49 & Female
    quite surprised to get such a quick response - thinking twice about what to do as both my parents have family history of clotting events

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

49 & Female
    quite surprised to get such a quick response - thinking twice about what to do as both my parents have family history of clotting events

The risk of a clotting event with J+J is about a thousand times lower than with oral contraceptives, depending on the time period you choose to measure the risk, and from what I've read is not linked with a family history of clotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

49 & Female

Perhaps discuss with your GP. You are fully entitled to pass and seek another vaccine. Bonus on JJ is one shot and considered vaccinated on two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Lumen wrote: »
    The risk of a clotting event with J+J is about a thousand times lower than with oral contraceptives, depending on the time period you choose to measure the risk, and from what I've read is not linked with a family history of clotting.

The experts NIAC have recognised the risk. It is not coming from anti-Vaxxers. People should discuss with a medical practitioner to understand the risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

The experts NIAC have recognised the risk. It is not coming from anti-Vaxxers. People should discuss with a medical practitioner to understand the risks.

Thanks yes I will do that = too much conflicting info on the internet!

They have worked their way through the 50/60 group in just over 2 weeks. At this rate you will be offered a safer vaccine in a matter of weeks. If the choice was take J&J now or safer one in 12 months then J&J would look more attractive to me. If a matter of weeks then I would wait. Doctor is a good place to start

EDIT: Clots in my family too.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Were you given any option in the text to reject it or explained how to reject it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Sowerberry

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Just my reading of it. If there's no option to consent to it on the portal or after getting the text, then presumably you would have to turn up? Unless you can let them know through the helpline, but I don't know if that would be allowed.

We probably won't really know until we hear of people going through the process.

I checked my appointment details on the portal and realised the consent form needed to be completed. Link to Janssen risks on HSE website and you had to confirm you were aware of risks etc.. Not sure if over 50s age group needed to do this or is this new for the 40-49 cohort.

Also, I would note that I turn 50 in just over 4 months time so maybe I fell into the 50 age group for the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Heard that there are no-show issues in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They have worked their way through the 50/60 group in just over 2 weeks. At this rate you will be offered a safer vaccine in a matter of weeks. If the choice was take J&J now or safer one in 12 months then J&J would look more attractive to me. If a matter of weeks then I would wait. Doctor is a good place to start

I’m in full agreement that people should be allowed to make the decision that works best for them. Nobody should be forced into anything. But I don’t like all of this talk about some vaccines being safer than others. The EMA has approved all of these vaccines. That means they are all safe.

Yes, the viral vector vaccines have been associated with an incredibly rare risk of CVST (if I read the Winton Centre data correctly, I understand the risk of death for someone in their forties is 1 in 500,000. The older you are, the less risk). But the risk of rare side effects does not mean the vaccine is unsafe.

The EMA is currently investigating a theoretical link between the MRNA vaccines and Myocarditis. The EMA says at the moment that there are no indications of a causative link. Indeed, at first glance, rates of myocarditis look no different to the background rates in the population but we need to take account that there are far fewer “normal viruses” circulating this year. Myocarditis is normally caused by viral infection. So this probably explains why the EMA is requesting more data from Pfizer. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/meeting-highlights-pharmacovigilance-risk-assessment-committee-prac-3-6-may-2021

Basic message: all medicines have the potential for side effects. But these medicines have been approved by the EMA after a thorough approval process. These vaccines are safe. We owe it to people who come on to these boards for reassurance to watch our language.

is_that_so wrote: »

Lots. This is why some posters claim to have had only 2 hours notice. I don't suggest no shows are reluctant to get vaccine. I think people know they will get another appointment anyway. Another factor could be people not getting the text message as again several have claimed here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

is_that_so wrote: »

Report from local radio in Louth.

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/lmfm-news/over-a-fifth-of-people-to-receive-covid-19-vaccines-yesterday-in-drogheda-no-shows/

I wonder if all of the no shows got texts for their appointment? A few folk in this thread mentioned that they hadn't, and only saw the appointment details on the portal. Should the HSE be advising people to check the portal, and not just assume a text will be sent? (I'm checking it several times a day!!)

Edit - post crossed with sleeper12

revelman wrote: »
    I’m in full agreement that people should be allowed to make the decision that works best for them. Nobody should be forced into anything. But I don’t like all of this talk about some vaccines being safer than others. The EMA has approved all of these vaccines. That means they are all safe.

Yes, the viral vector vaccines have been associated with an incredibly rare risk of CVST (if I read the Winton Centre data correctly, I understand the risk of death for someone in their forties is 1 in 500,000. The older you are, the less risk). But the risk of rare side effects does not mean the vaccine is unsafe.

The EMA is currently investigating a theoretical link between the MRNA vaccines and Myocarditis. The EMA says at the moment that there are no indications of a causative link. Indeed, at first glance, rates of myocarditis look no different to the background rates in the population but we need to take account that there are far fewer “normal viruses” circulating this year. Myocarditis is normally caused by viral infection. So this probably explains why the EMA is requesting more data from Pfizer. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/meeting-highlights-pharmacovigilance-risk-assessment-committee-prac-3-6-may-2021

Basic message: all medicines have the potential for side effects. But these medicines have been approved by the EMA after a thorough approval process. These vaccines are safe. We owe it to people who come on to these boards for reassurance to watch our language.

I am sorry you feel that way BUT two vaccines have been deemed unsafe for under 50s. 45 to 50 can opt for them if they want BUT if safer vaccine is available on the day then they are NOT allowed to get J&J and AZ. They were unsafe for under 60s only a few weeks ago until we realized that these are the next vaccines coming into Ireland. If they didn't change the guidelines the vaccine would be dumped. They didn't become any safer in the last few weeks. They still carry the same risks as when it was deemed fro them to be unsafe for under 60s. The rules wern't changed because they became safer. Rules changed because these are our vaccine stock for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I checked my appointment details on the portal and realised the consent form needed to be completed. Link to Janssen risks on HSE website and you had to confirm you were aware of risks etc.. Not sure if over 50s age group needed to do this or is this new for the 40-49 cohort.

Also, I would note that I turn 50 in just over 4 months time so maybe I fell into the 50 age group for the HSE.

- I'm 52 and noticed a consent form online. You give your consent on the day so I didn't complete it.

Majority of people won't even log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

gipi wrote: »
    Report from local radio in Louth.

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/lmfm-news/over-a-fifth-of-people-to-receive-covid-19-vaccines-yesterday-in-drogheda-no-shows/

I wonder if all of the no shows got texts for their appointment? A few folk in this thread mentioned that they hadn't, and only saw the appointment details on the portal. Should the HSE be advising people to check the portal, and not just assume a text will be sent? (I'm checking it several times a day!!)

Edit - post crossed with sleeper12

Yeah that was one I knew of although it seems it was only 10% yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I am sorry you feel that way BUT two vaccines have been deemed unsafe for under 50s. 45 to 50 can opt for them if they want BUT if safer vaccine is available on the day then they are NOT allowed to get J&J and AZ. They were unsafe for under 60s only a few weeks ago until we realized that these are the next vaccines coming into Ireland. If they didn't change the guidelines the vaccine would be dumped. They didn't become any safer in the last few weeks. They still carry the same risks as when it was deemed fro them to be unsafe for under 60s. The rules wern't changed because they became safer. Rules changed because these are our vaccine stock for the next few weeks

I don’t “feel” anyway - I’m trying to deal with facts. The EMA, with some of the best scientists in the world, approved the viral vector vaccines for all adults. National regulators have now put age restrictions in place because of data suggesting that the benefit does not outweigh the incredibly rare risk in certain age groups. This is not the same thing as saying the vaccines are “unsafe”. If they were “unsafe” they would not have been approved by the EMA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lumen wrote: »

Were you given any option in the text to reject it or explained how to reject it?

I don’t “feel” anyway - I’m trying to deal with facts. The EMA, with some of the best scientists in the world, approved the viral vector vaccines for all adults. National regulators have now put age restrictions in place because of data suggesting that the benefit does not outweigh the incredibly rare risk in certain age groups. This is not the same thing as saying the vaccines are “unsafe”. If they were “unsafe” they would not have been approved by the EMA.

Mod

Take it to the main vaccine thread. This one has a specific remit around people's vaccine appointments.

Thanks.

Advertisement