Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I received a text yesterday from my GP that I've been identified as being in cohort 7 and have my appointment for vaccine today. I was totally stunned tbh as I hadn't even thought about it as I'm only 33 and relatively healthy. I dont even know how I've qualified other than I have asthma and take inhalers but haven't had any issues with it. I didn't question it so I presume it's the asthma thing...seems odd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

dashdoll wrote: »
    I received a text yesterday from my GP that I've been identified as being in cohort 7 and have my appointment for vaccine today. I was totally stunned tbh as I hadn't even thought about it as I'm only 33 and relatively healthy. I dont even know how I've qualified other than I have asthma and take inhalers but haven't had any issues with it. I didn't question it so I presume it's the asthma thing...seems odd though.
    Good for you. This is asthma under Group 7.
    severe asthma (continuous or repeated use of systemic corticosteroids)
    Excellent to see that they are trying to move through that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

dashdoll wrote: »

I know doctors in my area are vaccinating people saying they are in cohort 7 who really are not, some of my family members included...they are getting paid per person vaccinated so I am making the obvious link !!

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They have worked their way through the 50/60 group in just over 2 weeks. At this rate you will be offered a safer vaccine in a matter of weeks. If the choice was take J&J now or safer one in 12 months then J&J would look more attractive to me. If a matter of weeks then I would wait. Doctor is a good place to start

EDIT: Clots in my family too.

Greystones 7 days plus for 2nd appointment and counting
    It doesnt happen in a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Trying to register but the site isn't recognising my Eircode, and when I enter my address it's telling me to make sure I complete each line, which I have done.

Anyone else have that issue?

• Advertisement

solerina wrote: »
    I know doctors in my area are vaccinating people saying they are in cohort 7 who really are not, some of my family members included...they are getting paid per person vaccinated so I am making the obvious link !!
    There isn't one although it may be a comment by their GP on their health! Group 7 also includes BMI >35.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

solerina wrote: »

Interesting. Tbh I certainly wouldn't describe my asthma as severe. I take a preventative inhaler each day since I was a child but that's all. Haven't even had a chest infection in a few years or had an asthma related doctors visit bar getting a prescription. Anyway, am grateful to be getting it but did find it very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

Trying to register but the site isn't recognising my Eircode, and when I enter my address it's telling me to make sure I complete each line, which I have done.

Anyone else have that issue?

Yes.
    Tried Chome and Edge.
    Various combinations of lower, upper case etc. Nothing works.
    Can't enter address either.

I even copied the eircode from the eircode finder.

Can't get through on phone either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

First time I have seen the site this busy
    You are in the queue

Number of people ahead of you 190
    The queue is paused.
    Last update: 09:37:20
    When it’s your turn, you’ll see a registration screen.

If you leave this queue page and your turn comes up, you will be asked to continue or cancel when you return.

You'll have 10 minutes from when it’s your turn to continue.

^ I just saw same. Would that be why the Eircode didn't work, perhaps the site was overloaded?

874 in the queue now!

• Advertisement

^ I just saw same. Would that be why the Eircode didn't work, perhaps the site was overloaded?

874 in the queue now!

I don't know. Hope it's not part of the hacking :(

I don't know. Hope it's not part of the hacking :(
    Nah, just a lot of 40 somethings trying to book!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

2017 now in the queue. Something ain't right

The fact it wouldn't recognise my Eircode, or that I had completed each address line, suggests that something is wrong.

Edit - seems to be working now.

3000 now. This is worrying

Yes.
    Tried Chome and Edge.
    Various combinations of lower, upper case etc. Nothing works.
    Can't enter address either.

I even copied the eircode from the eircode finder.

Can't get through on phone either

So it's an issue they are aware of. Just saw on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/HSELive/status/1395296804380499970

I guess we're going to have to wait for them to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

They have worked their way through the 50/60 group in just over 2 weeks. At this rate you will be offered a safer vaccine in a matter of weeks. If the choice was take J&J now or safer one in 12 months then J&J would look more attractive to me. If a matter of weeks then I would wait. Doctor is a good place to start..

Maybe not.

The 60s and the 50s are smaller cohorts compared to the current 40s cohort due to be vaccinated

https://i.imgflip.com/5a95c8.jpg

And I would point out - its not 'safer' vaccines

All vaccines have been tested and approved. The risk of any serious side effect involved is miniscule and applies only to a tiny tiny minority of people. If anyone has a have a medical history of same then that's a valid reason to wait.

Obviously any perceived risk and deciding to wait needs to be balanced with the higher risk of clotting caused by the virus itself

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/serious-blood-clots-more-likely-covid-19-infection-vaccine?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkZiFBhD9ARIsAGxFX8Bdfl5Js4VGHx1LONwT4TtSFfZYa5hNMNe1nYXvew-EkKGl_EOwoK4aApVyEALw_wcB

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

Lots. This is why some posters claim to have had only 2 hours notice. I don't suggest no shows are reluctant to get vaccine. I think people know they will get another appointment anyway. Another factor could be people not getting the text message as again several have claimed here

I had no appointment booked. On Tuesday morning I got a call from the vaccine centre, and 30 minutes later I was done. Talked to two others who also had a call that morning

Success! - It's working now

• Advertisement

This is the message you get at the end:

"Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a text message with details on which vaccine you will get and where you will be vaccinated. You should get this message within 3 weeks of registering."

Is 3 weeks right??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

"Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a text message with details on which vaccine you will get and where you will be vaccinated. You should get this message within 3 weeks of registering."

Is 3 weeks right??

It's been the standard message since the portal launched. Average time is around 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

3000 now. This is worrying

Worrying how ?

There's an issue with eircodes linked to an update within Eircode system itself I believe

Site is doing its job and kicking in with a queue system so that the site isn't overwhelmed.

If you don't need to register don't go onto the site this morning, you'll only be taking up resources on it.

Is 3 weeks right??
    For the vast majority of people it is but it depends on where you are. It could be far less than that but a few posters are at about the 21 day mark and I know some who are 14 days+.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

is_that_so wrote: »
    For the vast majority of people it is but it depends on where you are. It could be far less than that but a few posters are at about the 21 day mark and I know some who are 14 days+.

I'm generally seeing people in their 50s who get an appointment date after one week, so 14 days from register to vaccine. There are some longer than this, but that seems to be the norm. There is some strangeness going on, as I know someone who waited 14 days, and was vaccinated before their older neighbour who waited 21+.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JenniferCo

Sowerberry wrote: »
    Date of Registration: 19th May (0530)

Texts/Emails received: Text, 19th May (2113)
    Vaccination appointment for: 22nd of May

Vaccine: J&J
    Croke Park

Delighted but can't believe I only registered this morning (when 49 year olds cohort opened) and have my appointment for Saturday already!

This is really annoying (not you - delighted you’re getting your vaccine) but there are people ages 50 -58 who live less than 40km from Croke Park who haven’t received a date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

First time I have seen the site this busy

The advice is that people stick to the relevant age year for registration.

This is to facilitate the system not being over subscribed by everyone piling on at the same time.
    Registration for people aged 45 to 69

The latest group that can register to get a COVID-19 vaccine are people aged 45 to 49.

We’re asking people to register on specific days to help us manage the demand.

If you are aged:

48 – register on Thursday 20 May, or any time after
    47 – register on Friday 21 May, or any time after
    46 – register on Saturday 22 May, or any time after
    45 – register on Sunday 23 May, or any time after

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/rollout/

Registering before your allocated age group will not result in getting an earlier vaccination date but will potentially result in the process being slow for everyone else.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

32, North Wicklow, got my vaccine today (via GP). Months earlier than I was expecting. Pfizer.

Worrying how ?

The site was down. I was worried that the HSE hacking had taken over the site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

The site was down. I was worried that the HSE hacking had taken over the site.

IIRC site runs on the Salesforce.com cloud not HSE servers.

Advertisement