Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

age 52
    location in naas
    registered on 9th May

text message vaccine in Punchestown tomorrow. Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

Finally!

Appointment: Friday 21st in Greystones

No text received yet. Found out on portal.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jab is done. Pfizer, 34 no risk health. Second dose in exactly 4 weeks. It's mental what my GP has transformed into. They are vaccinating I would reckon almost 100 an hour there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This is the message you get at the end:

"Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a text message with details on which vaccine you will get and where you will be vaccinated. You should get this message within 3 weeks of registering."

Is 3 weeks right??

Mine was 3 to 7 days - received about 4 days after registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

wpd wrote: »
    age 52
    location in naas
    registered on 9th May

text message vaccine in Punchestown tomorrow. Pfizer

Thanks. I'm 50 so I was wondering where Punchestown were.

A friend of mine was saying it was all AZ up there and wouldn't sign up. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 McShe

boccy23 wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm 50 so I was wondering where Punchestown were.

A friend of mine was saying it was all AZ up there and wouldn't sign up. :confused:

You should tell your friend it isn't that consistent. I was Pfizer in the Aviva. A friend was AZ in the same place 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

BraveDonut wrote: »
    It's pissing me off that I have not received an appointment. I don't care when it is but I would really like to have some acknowledgement from the system that my registration is being processed - especially when others are getting appointments around me.
    Next we'll see the updates from the 45-49's that start registering today

Just got my text this minute while reading this thread.
    Janssen tomorrow, 21st in Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

Jab is done. Pfizer, 34 no risk health. Second dose in exactly 4 weeks. It's mental what my GP has transformed into. They are vaccinating I would reckon almost 100 an hour there

Nice, but how? Is it at GPs discretion who they lob them out to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

boccy23 wrote:
    A friend of mine was saying it was all AZ up there and wouldn't sign up.

It changes. You'll only be certain when you get the text

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Age 53
    Got text just now for Janssen at 2.55pm in Greystones tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

Did you sign up directly with your GP or via HSE online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

So if the preference is for Pfizer, getting to your GP seems to be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

Age 49. registered Saturday. Got text yesterday. Jab today in local clinic. Pfzier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

At €60 per patient it's a windfall for GP's, much more profitable than seeing patients.

tucker1971 wrote: »
    Age 49. registered Saturday. Got text yesterday. Jab today in local clinic. Pfzier

registered with that clinic or the portal, or both?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Swindled wrote: »
    Did you sign up directly with your GP or via HSE online ?

GP texted me last week, didnt register on HSE portal. I rang the GP shortly after and got my wife in for a jab too. So honestly its worth ringing your local GP.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    At €60 per patient it's a windfall for GP's, much more profitable than seeing patients.

:confused:

It's free?

At least, I didn't pay anything for mine this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

fvp4 wrote: »
    registered with that clinic or the portal, or both?

Registered on portal, texted by GP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

GP texted me last week, didnt register on HSE portal. I rang the GP shortly after and got my wife in for a jab too. So honestly its worth ringing your local GP.

Your GP is running an unethical business imo. Jabbing all patients regardless of health conditions and ages is not the way the rollout is to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Date of Registration: 13th May

Texts/Emails received: Text, 20th May
    Vaccination appointment for: 21st May

Vaccine: J&J
    Greystones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

awec wrote: »

It's free?

https://www.thejournal.ie/gp-pharmacist-vaccine-plan-5328855-Jan2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭CiboC

Date of Registration: 12th May

Vaccination appointment for: 21st May

Vaccine: J&J
    Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Not going to repeat what was discussed on the vaccine thread last night. Real world data is better than trial data

If that’s the case why don’t the WHO & HSE update their websites or make clearer as regards efficacy as they currently say there is an efficacy difference of 10%, Janssen 85.4% for severe disease & hospitalisation & Pfizer 95% against symptomatic SARS - CoV - 2 infection

The efficacy descriptions are different probably because the vaccines are different tech & work differently? But what most people see are the official percentage figures & that is what is causing some people to question whether Janssen is the one for them

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-j-j-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-can-take-the-pfizer-biontech-covid-19--vaccine

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/janssen/immunity/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

tucker1971 wrote: »
    Registered on portal, texted by GP

is that just a co-incidence? Or are some portal registrations being fulfilled by GP's? I thought it was all MVCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Minimal queue in Shoreline Greystones this morning. In and out in 22 mins, including the 15 minute observation period. Big change from the 1 to 2 hr queue couple days ago. Horrible day for queueing outdoors.

airy fairy wrote: »
    Your GP is running an unethical business imo. Jabbing all patients regardless of health conditions and ages is not the way the rollout is to be done.

I was informed, that all their registered at risk patients had first jabs done, and some outright refused the jab. Some in for 2nd jabs, was talking to a few in the queue. HSE allocated the clinic more Pfizer jabs than they have for those groups... I dont think they are doing anything wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭CiboC

Some vaccines are 90% plus overall effacy others are less

This is a useful explanation for comparing efficacy numbers (and why you really can't!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Got another text - dilemma solved!

Please note that your appointment in Croke Park Vaccination Centre for Saturday, May 22 is CANCELLED.
    We are running a Janssen & Janssen clinic and people under 50 are not eligible for this vaccine.
    We will be in contact next week with a new appointment.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

awec wrote: »

It's free?

They are paid €60 per patient by the DoH

• Advertisement

is that just a co-incidence? Or are some portal registrations being fulfilled by GP's? I thought it was all MVCs.

I think the portal registration needs to be cancelled
    Gp vaccinations are for cohort 4 and 7
    The regging on the portal is an adfitional queue for someone on a gp list

Advertisement