Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Can I ask when you receive you text appointments are these from 08* Irish mobiles. Strange question I know but I am having some issue with my phone and verification codes and was concerned the appointment text are from some automated system and I may not get it due to my technical issues

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Leinsterblue

sean72 wrote: »
    Can I ask when you receive you text appointments are these from 08* Irish mobiles. Strange question I know but I am having some issue with my phone and verification codes and was concerned the appointment text are from some automated system and I may not get it due to my technical issues

Mine arrived from an 086 mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Got mine from a +1 (US number) this morning, but it was done through my GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    At €60 per patient it's a windfall for GP's, much more profitable than seeing patients.
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    They are paid €60 per patient by the DoH

My sons GP simply organised a time slot for him at the local MVC - I don't think they get 60Eur for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Mine arrived from an 086 mobile number.

And this was a straight forward vaccination centre appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Got another text - dilemma solved!

Please note that your appointment in Croke Park Vaccination Centre for Saturday, May 22 is CANCELLED.
    We are running a Janssen & Janssen clinic and people under 50 are not eligible for this vaccine.
    We will be in contact next week with a new appointment.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

How's that work where the current guidance is that those aged 49- 40 have the option of receiving an AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or waiting for an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) jab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

So have I got this right, you register online with the HSE, and then you could then be called to a centre or by your GP ?
    Or do you contact your GP directly and see if they can fit you in before a centre contacts you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moshea

gozunda wrote: »
    How's that work where the current guidance is that those aged 49- 40 have the option of receiving an AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or waiting for an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) jab?

I think that while thats the advise from NIAC but it hasn't been operationalised by the HSE yet. so currently the HSE are giving just mRNA vaccines for the 49-45 group.

-M.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Swindled wrote: »
    So have I got this right, you register online with the HSE, and then you could then be called to a centre or by your GP ?
    Or do you contact your GP directly and see if they can fit you in before a centre contacts you ?

I think your GP will contact you if they have a vaccine for you. I have never registered or even enquired but got a call out of the blue from my GP yesterday asking if I could come today for a vaccine.

I wasn't expecting to be vaccinated until the very end of the process as I'm only 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Age 51
    Appointment is for J&J in Castlebar, Co Mayo this Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ton3181

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am watching it with great interest, especially seeing the speed some are receiving vaccine post registration.

My question is: has anyone any knowledge of reasons why EastMeath/South Drogheda appears so far behind?

I registered on 5th May, age 58 and no appointment yet. This is the position for all under 60s go far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭I am me123

30 years old
    Midlands.
    Getting my 2nd dose tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

I have noticed that nobody is currently being offered the AZ vaccine. Have we stopped giving first doses of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

gozunda wrote:

I think only 45 to 49 can opt for AZ & J&J. Happy to be corrected on this.

I'm only guessing here but I'd imagine over 50s will need to finish or almost finished before 45 to 49 get the option of AZ & JJ. The plan is to stick to the age groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

schmoo2k wrote: »
    My sons GP simply organised a time slot for him at the local MVC - I don't think they get 60Eur for that?

The GP is paid €30 per dose given .

corkonion wrote: »
    I have noticed that nobody is currently being offered the AZ vaccine. Have we stopped giving first doses of it?

It depends on what they have in stock. We have just received a delivery of J&J so that's the main one for the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think only 45 to 49 can opt for AZ & J&J. Happy to be corrected on this.

I'm only guessing here but I'd imagine over 50s will need to finish or almost finished before 45 to 49 get the option of AZ & JJ. The plan is to stick to the age groups.

Its the other way around. NIAC advice is 45-49 should be given MRNA - but can be offered JJ or AZ if (and only if) no MRNA is available. But even then, the patient can decline AZ or JJ and wait for MRNA with no negative consequences.

Its the other way around. NIAC advice is 45-49 should be given MRNA - but can be offered JJ or AZ if (and only if) no MRNA is available. But even then, the patient can decline AZ or JJ and wait for MRNA with no negative consequences.

That's what I thought I said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

ton3181 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am watching it with great interest, especially seeing the speed some are receiving vaccine post registration.

My question is: has anyone any knowledge of reasons why EastMeath/South Drogheda appears so far behind?

I registered on 5th May, age 58 and no appointment yet. This is the position for all under 60s go far as I can tell.

I registered on 27th April, still waiting, age 60.

I think the media reporting around the NIAC advice has been quite confusing, with a lot of headlines about people being able to choose their vaccine.

The actual NIAC advice is that under 50s should get an mRNA vaccine, and it's only when that's not available that people (specifically the 40s group) can be offered J&J or AZ. That's why I was surprised to see 49 year olds getting texts offering the J&J vaccine, but clearly this was an error if those appointments are now being cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

I know people in their 50s in the Navan area, that have had their first injection this week. Might be a delay around Drogheda, as the were setting up a new centre as an alternative to Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Leinsterblue

And this was a straight forward vaccination centre appointment?

Yes, registration through the hse portal for shoreline greystones received from 086 yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 McShe

corkonion wrote: »

AZ being given in the AVIVA today.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

gipi wrote: »

I know of a 60 and 61 year old vaccinated in DIFE Drogheda yesterday but still so far behind. I cannot understand why!! I’m waiting - East Meath too and feeling frustrated at some GPs giving vaccines to seemingly healthy individuals who haven’t registered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ton3181

gipi wrote: »

So they haven't reached the sixties yet either. I know of 63 year olds who received it last Weds. So, keep the faith and we will all get there🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I've posted this is greater detail in the Vaccine Megathread but suffice it to say that Paul Reid indicated in a news conference a few minutes ago that for various reasons (lack of JJ supply, AZ needed for 2nd doses, and difficulty implementing NIAC opt out choice recommendation) everyone u49 is going to offered MRNA only for the foreseeable. So it looks like all people in their 40s will get Pfizer or Moderna.

Happy as a forty something, but will slow things down for the 30s and 20s unless advices change re JJ in the next few weeks.

On plus side for everyone, he said they are getting through the age cohorts far faster than they thought they would - one reason why 40s not getting JJ, they'll be long done before JJ supply ramps up mid June - if it does at all (he expressed concern about JJ deliveries).

So they haven't reached the sixties yet either. I know of 63 year olds who received it last Weds. So, keep the faith and we will all get there🙂
    We’ll get there eventually... but 2 years in one week is very slow! At that rate, they’ll reach 50 near the end of June!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah heard the same for the under 60s. It's just damned slow and there are no big MVCs to get through the age groups. The new one in DIFE seems to be at about 500 a day. Anyone over three weeks should probably get onto the HSE.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Yeah heard the same for the under 60s. It's just damned slow and there are no big MVCs to get through the age groups. The new one in DIFE seems to be at about 500 a day. Anyone over three weeks should probably get onto the HSE.

Ged Nash TD reported that they will vacccinate up to 1500 a week at DIFE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Ged Nash TD reported that they will vaccinate up to 1500 a week at DIFE.

It's still very small for the catchment area, especially as they seem to be still in the 60s.
    Here's HSE data from LMFM.

https://www.lmfm.ie/news/lmfm-news/over-a-fifth-of-people-to-receive-covid-19-vaccines-yesterday-in-drogheda-no-shows/

Advertisement