Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Edit: found 1 post about this. Still doesn't back up the claim that turn out was so bad at centres. That's just 1 centre. Fair bit of exaggeration going on in your post to be fair.

Read back further. Posters yesterday or the day before were given hours notice too due to no shows. This isn’t suggesting that people are not going to be vaccinated. People don't turn up for appointments all the time. It's a fact of life. If you want to be seen quickly in the A&E then go on a hot sunny day. A&E will be empty except for the few genuine emergencies

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is a comment from the high risk thread, which might explain some no shows.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117218330&postcount=52

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Southeasterly

Anyone know where vaccinations in Enniscorthy are at? Are they into the 50-55 age group yet?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Reading on the vaccine appointment thread and there have been a few no shows earlier in the week but today the turnout was so bad the the centres contacted local GPS. The GPS rang as many patients from all age groups and told them to get to the vaccine centre immediately if they wanted a vaccine today. It seems the rain put off people attending their appointments

Yeah I got a call from my GP earlier asking if I could get to a vaccine centre due to spare doses, unfortunately was working the other side of the country at the time so had to turn it down.

Wouldn't be on a priority list but do have mild asthma.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Read back further. Posters yesterday or the day before were given hours notice too due to no shows. This isn’t suggesting that people are not going to be vaccinated. People don't turn up for appointments all the time. It's a fact of life. If you want to be seen quickly in the A&E then go on a hot sunny day. A&E will be empty except for the few genuine emergencies

People get short notice regularly, extra doses can come from vials at short notice for example if very carefully extracted from the vial.

People who may have signed up via portal and through GP may have got it through GP quicker and cancel their appointment at a MVC subsequently.

You point specifically mentioned today & the bad weather and there's 1 post about this so yes it's exaggerated in original post and you were suggesting it was a widespread issue today.

It's a common occurrence that if there's any spare local GPs could be asked to contact higher risk paitents and send them down if possible. Use the dose or bin it, they pick use it.

Anyway I'll leave it at that as we're currently derailing the thread (apologies mods) from being just a post your apointment thread

• Advertisement

Yeah I got a call from my GP earlier asking if I could get to a vaccine centre due to spare doses, unfortunately was working the other side of the country at the time so had to turn it down.

Wouldn't be on a priority list but do have mild asthma.

You'd have been on a list with your GP alright. Asthma is included

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Age 56
    Reg 5/5/21
    Text 20/5/21
    Vaccine 22/5/21
    Vaccine Pfizer
    Abbey Hotel, Roscommon.

France Sept 2021!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Navan
    Reg 5th
    Text today for J&J Monday in Simonstown

You'd have been on a list with your GP alright. Asthma is included

Think it's only severe asthma that can be prioritised, all the research so far actually suggests asthmatics aren't really at much extra risk of severe disease thankfully.

I live fairly close to the vaccine centre so I half think they called me because of my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

55 text today appointment tommorrow letterkenny, j&j

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No shows by people in group 4 and 7 can possibly be explained . There was no yes or no in the text and many of them are already vaccinated by GP or by hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

Age 50.
    Registered on first day for 50 year olds
    Text yesterday - Aviva on Monday 24th May for Pfizer/Bionta
    Got a call today from HSE 3pm'ish asking if I could do Aviva Sunday at the same time slot, but for Janssen.
    I said yes. No SMS confirmation. Just checked Portal, still showing Pfizer for Monday....

45, no health risk, just got first jab.
    Pfizer.
    Next one in 17th June :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Excellent news!

All but confirmation that Jansson isn't for under 50s. For now

That leaves Pfizer or Moderna for the under 50s

Not quite. A large number of 50+ have received Moderna as their first shot.

Moderna specify that 50% of vaccines must be held for second doses at 4 week intervals.

So those getting Moderna will be approx half of all deliveries.

AZ is finished if I'm reading the news correctly. I'm reading it as AZ will be only used for 2nd doses moving forward. Also talk of possibly moving to a pick your own vaccine system unless I'm picking it up wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

AZ is finished if I'm reading the news correctly. I'm reading it as AZ will be only used for 2nd doses moving forward. Also talk of possibly moving to a pick your own vaccine system unless I'm picking it up wrong

Have you a link handy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

bubblypop wrote: »
    Pfizer.

How?

GP had surplus?

Probably for the vaccine thread but,

AZ based on expected delvieries is going to be primarily dose 2. There are a large number due to begin shortly. 600k roughly dose 2 are required so the majority of incoming deliveries are needed for them. So it's not finished, it's needed but estimates are deliveries will cover dose 2 with little spare.

There is no pick your own vaccine system nor is there one planned currently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

The mice and I are waiting until the human testing is finished in 2023.

Keep us up to date with any reactions you have please ;)

How?

GP had surplus?

Yeah, lots of cancellations, no shows, rang me cos of my job, front line

• Advertisement

Have you a link handy?

You'll have to read the whole thing as it's sort of spread out

RTE news : Covid-19: Dept of Health reports 469 new cases

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0520/1222754-covid-19-ireland/

You'll have to read the whole thing as it's sort of spread out

RTE news : Covid-19: Dept of Health reports 469 new cases

http://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0520/1222754-covid-19-ireland/

The choice based model he refers to is the advice that 45-49 should have a choice to say yes or no to J&J or AstraZeneca if no Pfizer or Moderna available. As we know they aren't doing it because they have the stock of Pfizer and Moderna. The NIAC advise would have lead to a choice based system which they aren't doing is what it's saying

Probably for the vaccine thread but,

AZ based on expected delvieries is going to be primarily dose 2. There are a large number due to begin shortly. 600k roughly dose 2 are required so the majority of incoming deliveries are needed for them. So it's not finished, it's needed but estimates are deliveries will cover dose 2 with little spare.

There is no pick your own vaccine system nor is there one planned currently

They are calling it "choice-based model"
    Don't know if you get to pick your own vaccine or maybe the choice is to take J&J or not. They are only talking about it now. Nothing definite

They are calling it "choice-based model"
    Don't know if you get to pick your own vaccine or maybe the choice is to take J&J or not. They are only talking about it now. Nothing definite

See my previous reply regarding this.

"The choice based model he refers to is the advice that 45-49 should have a choice to say yes or no to J&J or AstraZeneca if no Pfizer or Moderna available. As we know they aren't doing it because they have the stock of Pfizer and Moderna. The NIAC advise would have lead to a choice based system which they aren't doing is what it's saying"

Your misunderstanding what's being said here.

HSE submitted its proposal to NIAC on J&J and AZ. NIAC came back and said 45-49 get a choice to take it if nothing else available. HSE saying this would have lead to a choice based system, HSE giving 45-49 Moderna or Pfizer, hence no choice based system.

All of this is probably for the vaccine thread anyway

Your misunderstanding what's being said here.

I did say I could have been reading wrong. Thanks for clarification :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

bubblypop wrote: »
    Pfizer.

Did they confirm the date, or are you basing it on 4 weeks?

Did they confirm the date, or are you basing it on 4 weeks?

No, doc gave me date and time there and then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

Explanation for the large number of no shows in Drogheda - they were already vaccinated!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/vaccination-appointments-error-an-issue-at-drogheda-centre-1.4570946

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

County: Kildare
    Appointment notified: 19 May
    Vaccination Date: 22 May
    Venue: Punchestown
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

County: Meath
    Appointment notified: 20 May
    Vaccination Date: 25 May
    Venue: Simonstown, Navan
    Vaccine: Janssen

Thrilled to get text and to know I'll be fully vaccinated on the 8th June.

Advertisement