Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MickyD

darraghn wrote: »
    Age 50.
    Registered on first day for 50 year olds
    Text yesterday - Aviva on Monday 24th May for Pfizer/Bionta
    Got a call today from HSE 3pm'ish asking if I could do Aviva Sunday at the same time slot, but for Janssen.
    I said yes. No SMS confirmation. Just checked Portal, still showing Pfizer for Monday....
    Got the same call yesterday to go in a day earlier on Sunday for Janssen, strange they can't update the portal

Pepsicass wrote: »
    County: Meath
    Appointment notified: 20 May
    Vaccination Date: 25 May
    Venue: Simonstown, Navan
    Vaccine: Janssen

Thrilled to get text and to know I'll be fully vaccinated on the 8th June.

78% effacacy in real world research vs 90% plus for the other 3 is the latest info I've seen FYI for anyone offered a choice

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210503/Researchers-demonstrate-real-world-effectiveness-of-Johnson-Johnson-COVID-19-vaccine.aspx

cnbyz wrote: »
    sorry if covered before but can i opt for the Janssen one ? i am 43
    Theres no supermarket shelf choice system
    You are ofered an mrna vaccine first if available or whatever other
    The choice seems to be the reverse of what you are looking to do
    If you are offered Astra or Jannsen,you can choose to ask for an mrna vaccine but not the other way round

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Long queue in Greystones this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Just passed the Hilex & fair few cars going in and out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 bsj

My appointment on HSE portal this morning, no text as yet
    Age 51, Helix, Jansen, Sunday 23rd May

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Appointment: GP surgery, West Dublin
    Notified of appointment: 13/5/21
    1st dose: 21/5/21
    2nd dose appointment: 18/6/21
    Vaccine: Pfizer

1st jab this morning. GP surgery were doing 10-12 people every 15 mins or so. Very impressed at the organisation and efficiency of it all, if this setup is common around the country + the vaccination centre's we're on the right track. Booked in for 2nd dose on 18th of June. Feckin delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

Duzzie wrote: »
    Long queue in Greystones this morning.

What’s the parking like - am due over soon. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Just passed the Hilex & fair few cars going in and out

The Helix / DCU is a nightmare to park in on a normal day. Have they made any special allowances or opened up any other space?

Do you have to pay for parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Stickmam wrote: »
    What’s the parking like - am due over soon. Thanks.

Car park was full but people were coming and going frequently. They were directing people to the Aldi carpark. I'm almost there, will have been 2 hours by the time Im done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

The Helix / DCU is a nightmare to park in on a normal day. Have they made any special allowances or opened up any other space?

Do you have to pay for parking?

On the 2 occasions I was there it was very well organised. No problems with parking, multiple parking levels. You get pointed in the right direction and it's easy to park. No charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

Logged on to find I've an appointment in the Helix on Sunday for J&J. Aged 51. No text received.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Stickmam

Duzzie wrote: »
    Car park was full but people were coming and going frequently. They were directing people to the Aldi carpark. I'm almost there, will have been 2 hours by the time Im done.

Parking was fine but am out on the road queuing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Friends of mine, 41 and 44 with no underlying health condition, got call from GP to go in last minute to get left over doses.

Another friend, showed up a day early (by accident) at vaccination centre but they still gave him jab.

It's definitely all systems go on this which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Cork
    Registered 4th May
    Got a text today for 1st Pfizer for tomorrow morning at City Hall

Just turned down my third appointment. First was for today, then tomorrow & then Sunday. Venue Hilex.

Seems if you reschedule then they offer you the next day. That's a pretty good service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

78% effacacy in real world research vs 90% plus for the other 3 is the latest info I've seen FYI for anyone offered a choice

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210503/Researchers-demonstrate-real-world-effectiveness-of-Johnson-Johnson-COVID-19-vaccine.aspx

What are the (potential) negatives of the lower efficacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

BraveDonut wrote: »

Not much. There isn't a single meaning of efficacy (against infection? ability to transmit? symptomatic disease? hospitalisation? death?), margins of error are high, variants and susceptibility are different in different populations and points in time, etc etc.

Since they all seem to be similarly effective against severe disease, the differences tend to focus on infection, which is mostly relevant for population-level effects (herd immunity), and the fastest and most robust way of achieving herd immunity is to vaccinate with all available vaccines as soon as possible.

To put it another way: the actual risk to you is a combination of the vaccine's effect on you, and the effect of all other vaccinations in the population. Like with masking, it doesn't matter so much that your mask is imperfect if others are wearing theirs too.

edit: sorry, this is really a question for the vaccine megathread. Must resist these tangents!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Just turned down my third appointment. First was for today, then tomorrow & then Sunday. Venue Hilex.

Seems if you reschedule then they offer you the next day. That's a pretty good service

Not necessarily, depends on the center. Know of some in Greystones waiting a week now for a rescheduled appointment because they couldn't make the first one.

Kind of shocked though that you've turned down 3 appointments

Not necessarily, depends on the center. Know of some in Greystones waiting a week now for a rescheduled appointment because they couldn't make the first one.

I'm shocked too!
    Can confirm 2 people I know waiting over a week for greystones new appointments

• Advertisement

That's why I stated Hilex

The helpline has told me to keep rejecting the appointments until a safer vaccine is offered. Hilex is on J&J for the next week or two. I will be offered different vaccine when under 50s start in that venue I missed out on Pfizer by one day with my first appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

BraveDonut wrote: »

This is a very informative video posted on the thread yesterday by someone

https://youtu.be/K3odScka55A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That's why I stated Hilex

The helpline has told me to keep rejecting the appointments until a safer vaccine is offered. Hilex is on J&J for the next week or two. I will be offered different vaccine when under 50s start in that venue I missed out on Pfizer by one day with my first appointment

Or you could just take the safe & effective vaccine you've been offered and get protected quicker... just a thought.

Unless you've been advised otherwise by a medical professional due to underlying conditions of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Just got the first jab of pfizer vaccine, 29 - no underlying condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

Thanks for updating.
    I requested a re-schedule on Wed and didn't get my new appointment, yet (Aviva).

Or you could just take the safe & effective vaccine you've been offered and get protected quicker... just a thought.

I'm not in any hurry for vaccine. I'm autistic & have enjoyed the last year very much for the most part. My daily routine hasn't changed much. I am happy to wait months for a more suitable vaccine

I am following official advice from the HSE helpline. I'm not breaking or bending rules. Even when I get offered a safer vaccine, I might get to the venue see too big a crowd & turn around and walk away. If I'm having a bad day then this is what I have to do.

When I get an appointment I cancel within minutes. My appointment for two days later can be offered immediately to someone else. Me rescheduling appointments doesn't upset the apple cart in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Age 53: appointment received yesterday for today 15:20 for Janssen in Enniscorthy. Waiting week and half after registering. Yippee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

Dundalk
    Registered 28th April
    23 days and still no contact. Contemplating ringing the helpline. How busy is it, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

Just got the first jab of pfizer vaccine, 29 - no underlying condition.

How did you get a vaccine without an underlying condition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just got my first Pfizer through my GP. In my 30s with no underlying conditions.

Advertisement