Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Would love to see the diet and exercise regimes of all these middle-aged people turning their noses up at "less safe" vaccines.

They must take vigorous exercise daily, don't drink alcohol or eat processed foods, have diets low in sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Can anyone explain to me how their GP,s are vaccinating people in their 30’s now ?
    Did they A have no one in cohort 4 or 7 ? Or B did they opt out of vaccinating those groups are are now vaccinating their healthy patients . Or C are they finished the high risk cohorts already and have doses to spare ?
    Its genuinely puzzling me

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

Age - 51
    Registered - 13/5
    Location - Leitrim
    Appointment - Was today (21/5)in Sligo IT, initially suppose to get Moderna, but they had run out so gave me the Pfizer !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me how their GP,s are vaccinating people in their 30’s now ?
    Did they A have no one in cohort 4 or 7 ? Or B did they opt out of vaccinating those groups are are now vaccinating their healthy patients . Or C are they finished the high risk cohorts already and have doses to spare ?

I have no idea why I was called but the rate at which they were vaccinating people really took me by surprise. Literally the entire reception area of a very large gp practice was filled with patients getting vaccinated left, right and center. I have a feeling some of the other posters here are with the same GP as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I have no idea why I was called but the rate at which they were vaccinating people really took me by surprise. Literally the entire reception area of a very large gp practice was filled with patients getting vaccinated left, right and center. I have a feeling some of the other posters here are with the same GP as me.

Not your fault but it seems all wrong to me when cohorts 4 and 7 are crying out for appointments .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Not your fault but it seems all wrong to me when cohorts 4 and 7 are crying out for appointments .

I was thinking that too but we're constantly being told that the best vaccine is the one you're offered first so I wasn't going to turn it down. I'd imagine it's not that easy to move around vaccines, particularly Pfizer, so it might be as much a logistics thing as supply or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 K_B_C

The HSE are giving GP's X amount of vaccines based on the estimate amount of Cohort 4 and Cohort 7. I imagine these numbers were very rough estimates provided by GP's (better to have too much than too little for their Cohort 4/7). They then found that half their cohort 4's have already been done in Hospital / MVC but that's only come to light after they ring the patient for appointments. Result = lots of spare vaccines that can't be sent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

yes, they run out of the higher risks and then start calling around for people who are at risk but not as high. I know people with mild asthma are got calls from their dr. office out of the blue asking them to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

52 registered on the 13th, no text and nothing on the portal, I assume I should sit and wait, or should I be contacting my GP or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

Puzzling to me too...and a bit infuriating. I mean if I was in my 30s and my GP called me to get the vaccine (I think that's the way it seems to be happening?), I'd be there in a heartbeat, but we've all been told it's being done as per the priority/age process.

If it was officially clarified that this is being done in certain places due to A, B, C, then fair enough...but hearing about it this way is likely to make others (especially those in high risk groups) feel like they're being shafted.

Edit: I've just seen some of your replies...makes sense.

• Advertisement

Yup,theres a gp in Arklow not doing cohorts anymore and not referring them either because the referral path does not exist
    Thats a shambles for those poor patients

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Cole wrote: »
    Puzzling to me too...and a bit infuriating. I mean if I was in my 30s and my GP called me to get the vaccine (I think that's the way it seems to be happening?), I'd be there in a heartbeat, but we've all been told it's being done as per the priority/age process.

If it was officially clarified that this is being done in certain places due to A, B, C, then fair enough...but hearing about it this way is likely to make others (especially those in high risk groups) feel like they're being shafted.

Edit: I've just seen some of your replies...makes sense.

GP nurse said they received an unexpectedly large batch of Pfizer from HSE and all patients on their books in the cohorts to be done had either been jabbed by them already, in hospital or in the vaccination centres. HSE cleared them to start jabbing all other unvaccinated patients on their books rather than waste doses or time shipping unused doses back. I'd say they'll clear a 100+ in my GP surgery today alone going by the speed they were at which can only be a good thing.

Good few folk in works GP have been doing this too so it seems common enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOHN_70

50, Registered 13th May, Appointment for Monday 25th May, Mallow, Janssen vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭talulon

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Just got my first Pfizer through my GP. In my 30s with no underlying conditions.

same here, 33 (my wife 32 getting it as well) no underlying conditions and getting my vaccine tomorrow. GP actually told me that I didn't get it earlier because I didn't ask for it. (I was offered when I called for routine blood tests)

52 registered on the 13th, no text and nothing on the portal, I assume I should sit and wait, or should I be contacting my GP or something?

Thats not 2 weeks
    If it goes to 21 days and no text,call them
    Have you logged into the portal to see if theres an appointment on it? It goes there first

Well mine called me because of my job.
    I think there is a list from hse telling them what to do with extra doses.

GP nurse said they received an unexpectedly large batch of Pfizer from HSE and all patients on their books in the cohorts to be done had either been jabbed by them already, in hospital or in the vaccination centres. HSE cleared them to start jabbing all other unvaccinated patients on their books rather than waste doses or time shipping unused doses back. I'd say they'll clear a 100+ in my GP surgery today alone going by the speed they were at which can only be a good thing.

Good few folk in works GP have been doing this too so it seems common enough.

The main thing is that it's not wasted, so jabbing anyone who's willing is ultimately a good thing. But it does seem to be a bit disorganised for GPs to be getting over supplied in the first place. There was a report on RTE radio of the same happening to a GP in Athlone recently and the Gardai ended up having to disperse the queue of people who gathered for a jab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Would love to see the diet and exercise regimes of all these middle-aged people turning their noses up at "less safe" vaccines.

They must take vigorous exercise daily, don't drink alcohol or eat processed foods, have diets low in sugar.

Maybe we could exclude other age groups based on this as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

12th June
    30 (Group 7) Pfizer
    Helix DCU

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

so just back from punchestown
    very quick, friendly and efficient

no issues afterwards with pain or tiredness yet

loads of cars queueing up there for testing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Age 49.. registered Wednesday 19th...Appointment Sunday 23rd...City Hall Cork..Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

How did you get a vaccine without an underlying condition?

Yeah, I was quite surprised that my GP rang me earlier this week and got it this Friday.

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Age 49.. registered Wednesday 19th...Appointment Sunday 23rd...City Hall Cork..Pfizer.

Jaysus that's quick...fair play...moving quickly down in Cork. 49 and registered on Wednesday too...still waiting but it'll happen soon enough I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The helpline has told me to keep rejecting the appointments until a safer vaccine is offered.

That's an interesting development

Hopefully you get Pfizer/Moderna soon Sleeper

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

53, registered 19/5.
    Text 21/5.
    Citywest 22/5, moderna.
    Unless I can get time off work will have to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I don’t want to derail the thread but could we stop talking about “safer vaccines”. There are hundreds of people coming on to this thread looking for reassurance, many of them are over 50 and are not getting any choice in vaccines.

All vaccines being used in Ireland have been approved by the EMA and are therefore safe. There is a risk of side effect with all medicines but it looks like there is an incredibly rare risk of CVST with viral vector vaccines. As a result, NIAC has recommended that they be used in certain age groups where the risk is even more miniscule. All the vaccines are safe. Full stop. I’ll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    That's an interesting development

Hopefully you get Pfizer/Moderna soon Sleeper

Is Moderna considered as good as Pfizer in the vaccine popularity charts?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

revelman wrote: »
    I don’t want to derail the thread but could we stop talking about “safer vaccines”. There are hundreds of people coming on to this thread looking for reassurance, many of them are over 50 and are not getting any choice in vaccines.

All vaccines being used in Ireland have been approved by the EMA and are therefore safe. There is a risk of side effect with all medicines but it looks like there is an incredibly rare risk of CVST with viral vector vaccines. As a result, NIAC has recommended that they be used in certain age groups where the risk is even more miniscule. All the vaccines are safe. Full stop. I’ll say no more.

That is a great point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »

Great to hear. Sounds like we are into the 40s. Flying here in Cork it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

revelman wrote:
    I don’t want to derail the thread but could we stop talking about “safer vaccinesâ€. There are hundreds of people coming on to this thread looking for reassurance, many of them are over 50 and are not getting any choice in vaccines.

J&J and AZ have small chance of blood clots as a side effect. Even less of a chance but still a possibility is death.

Some vaccines are safer than others. Anyone in their 50s can reschedule their appointment until a safe vaccine becomes available. The helpline is giving this advice. At the moment my vaccination centre is only offering J&J. They will be back to Pfizer in 2 to 3 weeks.

Advertisement