Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    J&J and AZ have small chance of blood clots as a side effect. Even less of a chance but still a possibility is death.

Some vaccines are safer than others. Anyone in their 50s can reschedule their appointment until a safe vaccine becomes available. The helpline is giving this advice. At the moment my vaccination centre is only offering J&J. They will be back to Pfizer in 2 to 3 weeks.

Are the helplines really saying "safer" and "until a safe" vaccine is available, or is that your terminology ?
    I would imagine no vaccine is ever 100% safe for everyone.
    (I'm not doubting you personally have a risk of clotting and that you do have valid personal reason to wait btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Great to hear. Sounds like we are into the 40s. Flying here in Cork it seems.

Judging by that user's name (Mac_Lad71), I suspect they are in with the 50 cohort as the HSE are doing it by year of birth - so everyone born in 1971 is done in the '50 group' even if not 50 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sharon_B

wpd wrote: »
    so just back from punchestown
    very quick, friendly and efficient

no issues afterwards with pain or tiredness yet

loads of cars queueing up there for testing

Me too, arrived at 14:05 and back in my car at 14:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

F1ngers wrote: »
    53, registered 19/5.
    Text 21/5.
    Citywest 22/5, moderna.
    Unless I can get time off work will have to cancel.

Heard yesterday on today fm from an IR solicitor that employers are obliged to release folks for the vaccine. He is prepared to do pro bono work to the WRC to secure this. Don't know his name but get the podcast from Cooper's show yesterday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭Swindled

Sharon_B wrote: »
    Me too, arrived at 14:05 and back in my car at 14:34

I reckon I would have made it back by 14:33 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Vic987

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Would love to see the diet and exercise regimes of all these middle-aged people turning their noses up at "less safe" vaccines.

They must take vigorous exercise daily, don't drink alcohol or eat processed foods, have diets low in sugar.

Hi, I turned down the Jansen Vaccine and would have turned down AstraZeneca.

I'm 53, my BMI is 22.5. I was slightly heavier before Covid but now weigh the same as in my early 20's.

I'm take vigorous exercise every day, one of the follow in order of preference:-
    1. Swim in the Sea (dependent on sea temp but now I swim up to 1.5 km)
    2. Cycle (normally 12km but up to 20km at weekends)
    3. Run (max 5km)

*. If gyms were open I would do Pilates twice a week.

I don't actively avoid sugar but I don't take sugar in tea or coffee, don't drink soft drinks and don't have a sweet tooth. I very rarely eat any processed food and fast intermittently.
    Alcohol in moderation one or two nights at the weekend.

As to your point, my preference would be Valneva which won't be available until the end of the year. I registered for the vaccine in the hope that I would get to travel this summer and probably would have taken one of the mRNA vaccines if offered.
    Being offered Jansen and a growing belief that they won't be relaxing restrictions (in particular travel) made me decide to wait until next year.

At this stage I don't really trust anything that NPHET or the government say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Age 49.. registered Wednesday 19th...Appointment Sunday 23rd...City Hall Cork..Pfizer.
    Great to hear. Sounds like we are into the 40s. Flying here in Cork it seems.
    Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    I'm 50 in a few weeks but glad I waited to register in the 45-49 age cohort as I can now refuse AZ and J&J and wait for Pfizer if I wish.
    Judging by that user's name (Mac_Lad71), I suspect they are in with the 50 cohort as the HSE are doing it by year of birth - so everyone born in 1971 is done in the '50 group' even if not 50 yet.

I'm 50 (51 Next month) registered on 13th, still no appointment, have checked portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

quodec wrote: »
    Dundalk
    Registered 28th April
    23 days and still no contact. Contemplating ringing the helpline. How busy is it, does anyone know?
    I'd pick up the phone and call them if I was in your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭wassie

Vic987 wrote: »
    Hi, I turned down the Jansen Vaccine and would have turned down AstraZeneca.

I'm 53, my BMI is 22.5. I was slightly heavier before Covid but now weigh the same as in my early 20's.

I'm take vigorous exercise every day, one of the follow in order of preference:-
    1. Swim in the Sea (dependent on sea temp but now I swim up to 1.5 km)
    2. Cycle (normally 12km but up to 20km at weekends)
    3. Run (max 5km)

*. If gyms were open I would do Pilates twice a week.

I don't actively avoid sugar but I don't take sugar in tea or coffee, don't drink soft drinks and don't have a sweet tooth. I very rarely eat any processed food and fast intermittently.
    Alcohol in moderation one or two nights at the weekend.

As to your point, my preference would be Valneva which won't be available until the end of the year. I registered for the vaccine in the hope that I would get to travel this summer and probably would have taken one of the mRNA vaccines if offered.
    Being offered Jansen and a growing belief that they won't be relaxing restrictions (in particular travel) made me decide to wait until next year.

At this stage I don't really trust anything that NPHET or the government say.

That's a mighty impressive first post......

...My spideysense is tingling!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

revelman wrote: »
    I don’t want to derail the thread but could we stop talking about “safer vaccines”. There are hundreds of people coming on to this thread looking for reassurance, many of them are over 50 and are not getting any choice in vaccines.

All vaccines being used in Ireland have been approved by the EMA and are therefore safe. There is a risk of side effect with all medicines but it looks like there is an incredibly rare risk of CVST with viral vector vaccines. As a result, NIAC has recommended that they be used in certain age groups where the risk is even more miniscule. All the vaccines are safe. Full stop. I’ll say no more.
    We should"t forget that some countries have never approved the two vector vaccines, others are only using them for over 60s, some have stopped using them alltogether and others are giving them only to people who want them.
    NIAC seems to adjust the age groups suitable for AZ and J&J according to what's available. All this doesn't really foster confidence in the vaccines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

quodec wrote: »
    Dundalk
    Registered 28th April
    23 days and still no contact. Contemplating ringing the helpline. How busy is it, does anyone know?

Laytown, 58, registered on 4th may. No appt yet. I rang HSE twice this week. Both times I was told it would be escalated and I would receive a call back. No call back. Phone line is not busy but they don’t seem to be able to do anything about appointments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Heard yesterday on today fm from an IR solicitor that employers are obliged to release folks for the vaccine. He is prepared to do pro bono work to the WRC to secure this. Don't know his name but get the podcast from Cooper's show yesterday afternoon.

Should be ok, am on nights, just need to finish an hour or two early.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vic987

wassie wrote: »
    That's a mighty impressive first post......

...My spideysense is tingling!

First post from this account as I deleted my previous account due to irritation at the Covid threads!
    I didn't like the assumption that all middle aged people are fat slobs who don't care about their health.

Seems I'll be deleting this account soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Laytown, 58, registered on 4th may. No appt yet. I rang HSE twice this week. Both times I was told it would be escalated and I would receive a call back. No call back. Phone line is not busy but they don’t seem to be able to do anything about appointments
    This is a councillor in Meath from a few days ago on the slow pace of vaccination appointments. HSE statement in there too.

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2021/05/18/vaccination-delays-causing-anxiety-for-60s-cohort/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No appointment yet. After reading so many posts about people getting their vaccine at their GP, I decided to give them a call today.

Receptionist - No we are not doing it anymore. No recommendation, guidance based on you medical history. Register with HSE and get what they are giving you.

She was in a hurry to get off the phone. I assume they may be getting too many calls like these and may be a bit annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

Not long back from Croke Park, appointment was for 3.30, got there at 3.20 and got the jab at 4.00. Left at 4.15 so in total just under an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

My Wife aged 55
    Group 4/7
    2nd Vaccination
    Moderna
    Notified today 21/5
    Appointment tomorrow 22/5
    Citywest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Off topic posts deleted, please use this thread for the purpose specified in the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Also East Meath and rang HSE. Case escalated- also now waiting on a call back!
    60 year olds here are still not being called. DIFE in Drogheda only operating office hours Mon- Fri. They need to sort this backlog the same way it was suggested for South Meath. Perhaps send some of us to Dublin/Navan ??

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭patscott27

50 y.o. Drogheda I rang Wednesday and lady on HSE hotline escalated the case she said. Will ring again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

draoicht wrote: »
    Not long back from Croke Park, appointment was for 3.30, got there at 3.20 and got the jab at 4.00. Left at 4.15 so in total just under an hour.

I was there just before you, Appt for 3.15, got there about 3.00, got Vaxed at 3.50, out at 4.05. Jannsen. It was much busier than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Text this evening. WIT Arena on Monday morning. Janssen. Age 52. Registered on May 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

38 first Pfizer Shot Today 3 Hours ago. Sore arm for a few minutes no other symptoms as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

38 first Pfizer Shot Today 3 Hours ago. Sore arm for a few minutes no other symptoms as yet.

I assume in the GPS surgery. Can I ask if you have risk health condition or if you just got offered it from doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭appledrop

Husband 45, registered on Portal this week, underlying health condition.

Instead he got call from GP + got his 1st dose of Pfizer today.

Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

corkie wrote:
    I'm 50 (51 Next month) registered on 13th, still no appointment, have checked portal.

It can take 3 weeks. It depends on what centre you will be attending. Some haven't finished the 60s age group. Others in Dublin are working though the low 50s this weekend. If you are Dublin then I'd expect a text over the next few days with 2 or 3 days notice. Some have only 1 days notice

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ton3181

ton3181 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking this thread but I am watching it with great interest, especially seeing the speed some are receiving vaccine post registration.

My question is: has anyone any knowledge of reasons why EastMeath/South Drogheda appears so far behind?

I registered on 5th May, age 58 and no appointment yet. This is the position for all under 60s go far as I can tell.

Just received appointment text.
    - When: Monday, 24 May
    - Where: DIFE Vaccination Centre (CVC),

- Vaccine: Janssen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

patscott27 wrote: »
    50 y.o. Drogheda I rang Wednesday and lady on HSE hotline escalated the case she said. Will ring again tomorrow.

I contacted the HSE on Wednesday and my case has been escalated too (60 yr old, registered on 27 April). Phoned today, there's no update. Was asked to ring again on Monday if I haven't received an appointment text over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

It can take 3 weeks. It depends on what centre you will be attending. Some haven't finished the 60s age group. Others in Dublin are working though the low 50s this weekend. If you are Dublin then I'd expect a text over the next few days with 2 or 3 days notice. Some have only 1 days notice

Am aware, I was replying to quotes from @Mac_Lad71 who says is 49 (but 50 in few weeks) had got an appointment in Cork but registered later than me. I'm also in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

I assume in the GPS surgery. Can I ask if you have risk health condition or if you just got offered it from doctor

Got offered Pfizer by my GP. Loads of young healthy People getting it Today in the GP they got a big batch from the HSE that they weren't expecting. No Health issues.

Advertisement