Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

coldfire1x wrote: »
    No appointment yet. After reading so many posts about people getting their vaccine at their GP, I decided to give them a call today.
    Receptionist - No we are not doing it anymore. No recommendation, guidance based on you medical history. Register with HSE and get what they are giving you.

She was in a hurry to get off the phone. I assume they may be getting too many calls like these and may be a bit annoyed.

Are you in Cohort 4/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The wife/boss.
    Reg 5/5
    Text 21/5
    Appointment 25/5
    Pfizer.
    Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Has anyone in group 4 or 7 been texted this week by Beaumont about a vaccine? I should have a 2nd vaccine coming up in couple weeks and am wondering if the IT disruption will mess them up. I know the ones through the portal are not impacted but this isn't organised through the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Has anyone in group 4 or 7 been texted this week by Beaumont about a vaccine? I should have a 2nd vaccine coming up in couple weeks and am wondering if the IT disruption will mess them up. I know the ones through the portal are not impacted but this isn't organised through the portal.

My wife's second vaccination was due today, so upto yesterday she had got no text or appointment for it,

I got onto the HSE twitter page and messaged them enquiring as to what should she do, after a few exchanges of info they told me that she would escalate it to the powers above (whatever that means),

Lo and behold she gets a text this afternoon for her appointment for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

ton3181 wrote: »
    Just received appointment text.
    - When: Monday, 24 May
    - Where: DIFE Vaccination Centre (CVC),

- Vaccine: Janssen

Can you tell us your age and when did you register? Also are you living in Drogheda or East Meath? I think that people in Drogheda are being seen before those living in East Meath??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Reg 5/5
    Text 20/5 (6.15pm)
    Appointment 21/5 (3.15pm)
    Pfizer.
    Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

If the government removed the current travel restrictions for fully vaccinated people I am pretty sure there could be a higher take up of the J&J vaccine, but with the current situation I am pretty sure many would think that it is a bit pointless anyway and decide to take their time and wait for the Pfizer. Not talking about myself, I would take J&J regardless if offered - the only one I would turn down is AZ purely because I don't want to wait 3 moths for the second jab, I really want to get done asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Age 54
    South Tipp
    Reg'd 9/5
    Appt Tues 25th
    J&J

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Are you in Cohort 4/7?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Age 58
    Live in east meath
    Registered 4th
    Received text today (21st) after 2 phone calls to HSE this week
    Appt on Monday 24th DIFE (drogheda)
    J&J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Vic987

BizWiz66 wrote: »
    If the government removed the current travel restrictions for fully vaccinated people I am pretty sure there could be a higher take up of the J&J vaccine, but with the current situation I am pretty sure many would think that it is a bit pointless anyway and decide to take their time and wait for the Pfizer. Not talking about myself, I would take J&J regardless if offered - the only one I would turn down is AZ purely because I don't want to wait 3 moths for the second jab, I really want to get done asap.

That's my opinion completely. I'm personally not worried about Covid or to be honest about any of the vaccines. I'm in no rush to get the vaccine and would be happy to wait another year to see if any issues crop up.
    The only reason I will get vaccinated is to travel, but I don't believe that will happen this year and as things stand even if I and my wife got vaccinated, we would have to pay for pcr tests for the kids so why bother.
    Then you book a holiday and the kids test positive! So pointless.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Yes

There's a standalone Cohort 7 thread here that might be useful

Posters there are keeping each other upto date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Age 52
    Registered for vaccine 12th May
    Notification received 21st May
    Appointment 24th May
    Living outside Enniscorthy but have to travel to Carlow
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Registered 18th May
    Confirmation 21st May
    Vaccination date 24th May
    Pfizer
    Galway city
    Age 49

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Azatadine wrote: »
    Text this evening. WIT Arena on Monday morning. Janssen. Age 52. Registered on May 11th.

56, done in WIT today. Friend, 54, tomorrow.

Waterford, after a slow start, seems to be doing an age group a day. They had 1300 appointments today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Age 49
    Registered 19/5
    Text received 21/5
    Vaccine Pfizer 23/5
    Cork city hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

wiz569 wrote: »
    My wife's second vaccination was due today, so upto yesterday she had got no text or appointment for it,

I got onto the HSE twitter page and messaged them enquiring as to what should she do, after a few exchanges of info they told me that she would escalate it to the powers above (whatever that means),

Lo and behold she gets a text this afternoon for her appointment for tomorrow.

Hi Wiz,
    When did she get the first. I received my first one in late March in Beaumont, cohort 4.

Registered 18th May
    Confirmation 21st May
    Vaccination date 24th May
    Pfizer
    Galway city

Age?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

My mum is group 7 and it took 5 voice mails, eventually a very snarky one left by me (because they never once called back), til they confirmed her appointment for her second dose - confirmed today, appointment 24th.

Unfortunately she's in ANOTHER hospital that day having an urgent procedure so I dunno wtf to do to rearrange the vaccine!

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    My mum is group 7 and it took 5 voice mails

To her GP or the HSE line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Text: 21 May
    Appointment: 24 May
    Vacine: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)
    Venue: Punchestown, Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

To her GP or the HSE line?

Hospital, for some reason her hospital decided to be the ones to do her vaccination even though her GP was doing them too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Vic987 wrote: »
    That's my opinion completely. I'm personally not worried about Covid or to be honest about any of the vaccines. I'm in no rush to get the vaccine and would be happy to wait another year to see if any issues crop up.
    The only reason I will get vaccinated is to travel, but I don't believe that will happen this year and as things stand even if I and my wife got vaccinated, we would have to pay for pcr tests for the kids so why bother.
    Then you book a holiday and the kids test positive! So pointless.

It will likely depend on where you want to go. Spain announced today that they will allow British residents to enter without vaccination or a test. This may trigger a race on the part other common tourist destionations to do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Hi Wiz,
    When did she get the first. I received my first one in late March in Beaumont, cohort 4.

Exactly 4 weeks ago today in Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

airy fairy wrote: »
    Age 49
    Registered 19/5
    Text received 21/5
    Vaccine Pfizer 23/5
    Cork city hall.

That's two 49s in City Hall on Sunday - looks like that is where we are in Cork now. Hopefully all 45-49 cohort will be done by next weekend / before the month end.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Age?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

Some in their 30's have got appointments with their GP's but great to see an appointment in an MVC for a 48 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

Registered May 12
    Appointment sms received May 21
    Appointment May 22 Enniscorthy
    Janssen

rb

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trickster88

That's two 49s in City Hall on Sunday - looks like that is where we are in Cork now. Hopefully all 45-49 cohort will be done by next weekend / before the month end.

Age 51, registered 12 May, Cork city, still waiting for appointment - they do not seem to be going strictly by age...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Age 49.. registered Wednesday 19th...Appointment Sunday 23rd...City Hall Cork..Pfizer.

Bit weird as myself and the other half (Both 52) registered within 5 mins of each other and I got my first Jab last Thursday (Cork City Hall) and she hasn't had an appointment yet...

Advertisement