Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

Age 51, registered 12 May, Cork city, still waiting for appointment - they do not seem to be going strictly by age...?

You could be waiting for parc uí caoimh
    Different centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Bit weird as myself and the other half (Both 52) registered within 5 mins of each other and I got my first Jab last Thursday (Cork City Hall) and she hasn't had an appointment yet...

May have to do with the availability of the type of vaccine. Under 50s can only be offered the 2 rmra, so perhaps they're waiting on deliveries on the others. I know loads overv50s were getting Pfizer, to keep momentum, but now need to hold back? I don't know though. It doesn't make sense in a lot of cases.
    I know 2 x 54 year olds who were called last week, one to city hall, one to MTU on the same day. Both living in the same house!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

airy fairy wrote: »
    May have to do with the availability of the type of vaccine. Under 50s can only be offered the 2 rmra, so perhaps they're waiting on deliveries on the others. I know loads overv50s were getting Pfizer, to keep momentum, but now need to hold back? I don't know though. It doesn't make sense in a lot of cases.
    I know 2 x 54 year olds who were called last week, one to city hall, one to MTU on the same day. Both living in the same house!

Is MTU actually open? Whenever I pass, it looks really quiet whereas City Hall and Pairc Ui Chaoimh are always packed.

revelman wrote: »
    Is MTU actually open? Whenever I pass, it looks really quiet whereas City Hall and Pairc Ui Chaoimh are always packed.

Yes. I know people who have gone there. And have second appointments this weekend, so it's in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Registered yesterday afternoon at 4pm and amazingly got a text a few hours later with an appointment for Monday at 3.15 - Galway racecourse, pfizer. I'm 49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Can you tell us your age and when did you register? Also are you living in Drogheda or East Meath? I think that people in Drogheda are being seen before those living in East Meath??

Was chatting to someone who also rang the HSE - case escalated but no other details so far. Seems to be about all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Age 44
    Vac on Thursday
    No underlying conditions
    Cancellations
    Got moderna
    Sore arm / sore ears
    Otherwise good

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Age 44 Vac on Thursday No underlying conditions Cancellations Got moderna Sore arm / sore ears Otherwise good

From gp surgery or vaccine centre?

is_that_so wrote: »
    Was chatting to someone who also rang the HSE - case escalated but no other details so far. Seems to be about all you can do.

Is the call centre in India?
    No action on any of the 2 reappointments ordered for greystones that I know of after over a week
    Their portal is greyed out

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    From gp surgery or vaccine centre?

Centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Centre

How, as a 44 year old without underlying conditions, did you manage to get a vaccination at an MVC?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Age 49
    Registered 19/5
    Text received 21/5
    Vaccine Pfizer 25/5
    Killarney

The thing is I live 10 minutes walk from my local vaccination centre and Killarney is over an hours drive.

Called the helpline (got through practically instantly) the lady was apologetic but could not help as the assignment of appointments are done by computers and she could not override it.

She said I could cancel but may still end up in the same location and 2 weeks wait. The lady did say she received a few calls similar to mines with some having to drive 2 hours.

Frustrating but decided to just make the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Block (8 wrote: »
    Age 49
    Registered 19/5
    Text received 21/5
    Vaccine Pfizer 25/5
    Killarney

The thing is I live 10 minutes walk from my local vaccination centre and Killarney is over an hours drive.

Called the helpline (got through practically instantly) the lady was apologetic but could not help as the assignment of appointments are done by computers and she could not override it.

She said I could cancel but may still end up in the same location and 2 weeks wait. The lady did say she received a few calls similar to mines with some having to drive 2 hours.

Frustrating but decided to just make the drive.

Possible that there’s no mRNA vaccines at your nearest centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Is the call centre in India?
    No action on any of the 2 reappointments ordered for greystones that I know of after over a week
    Their portal is greyed out

The lady who spoke to me on the HSE helpline sounded Spanish, but I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

my wife 49 registered on 20th, Aviva, Monday 24th - Pfizer
    me 51 registered on 13th nothing yet

Any chance they might vaccinate me if i went along with her on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

emrys wrote:

I read other posters did this earlier this week with success. I think it really depends on how many no shows on the day. If you have a few hours to kill Monday then give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

emrys wrote: »

Myself and the missus got done together this morning, but she already had an appointment for later next week in the same centre, Roscommon. I don't know how it would work if ye hadn't already received an appointment.
    Great service in at 11.25 and two of us walking out at 11.50.
    Return 19/6/ for second jab of Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I know there were a load of no-shows in the Galway centre (Ballybrit race course) last week and they were giving vaccines to anyone available.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Registered on 9th May 2021.

Received text today from HSE to attend Monday, 24May @4pm

DCU,
    Helix Theatre,
    Vaccination Centre(CVC)
    Collins Avenue
    Glasnevin
    Dublin 9.

Vaccine: JANSSEN

Arrive 5 mins before appointment, Bring your phone, photo ID, face covering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Suspect they want to give you JJ. I'd say they are trying as much as they can of it on the remaining 50s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭homenotaway

My sister (49) registered on Wednesday, called in by Portlaoise vaccination centre earlier as they have spare vaccines (Pfizer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

You could be waiting for parc uí caoimh
    Different centre

Same age, same Eir code?

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Same age, same Eir code?

It's like a lottery as regards to where people are sent.
    As I pointed out earlier, I know a married couple, age 54, called to 2 different centres on the same day last week. They live together.
    I wouldn't read anything into it, only computer picking and supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My wife (50) has an appointment tomorrow (23rd may) in Ennis. Moderna. I think she registered last Wednesday (19th may). She got the text yesterday.

Is she late in the day ?I would suggest having her ask if they have excess or cancellations, when she goes in and that her husband is outside . Might be more available than they have on priority list .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    53, registered 19/5.
    Text 21/5.
    Citywest 22/5, moderna.
    Unless I can get time off work will have to cancel.

Arrived at 13:30, appointment for 13:40.
    Vaccinated at 13:43, back in car at 14:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

30, got a call yesterday from my doc to go in next week for vaccine (pfizer). Asked why, as it was still 45 - 49 being asked to register. Said it was due to being higher risk and I'd be going through the "clinic" route, not a clue what that means, guess it just means I don't have to register as it will be in the dr surgery. North West Meath area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

30, got a call yesterday from my doc to go in next week for vaccine (pfizer). Asked why, as it was still 45 - 49 being asked to register. Said it was due to being higher risk and I'd be going through the "clinic" route, not a clue what that means, guess it just means I don't have to register as it will be in the dr surgery. North West Meath area.

It looks like you fall into cohort 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sowerberry

Sowerberry wrote: »
    Date of Registration: 19th May (0530)

Texts/Emails received: Text, 19th May (2113)
    Vaccination appointment for: 22nd of May

Vaccine: J&J
    Croke Park

Delighted but can't believe I only registered this morning (when 49 year olds cohort opened) and have my appointment for Saturday already!

Arrived at Croke Park for my appointment only to be told as many of you have noted that J&J is not available for the under 50s. Apparently a text was sent notifying re the cancellation, I never received nor did anyone else in the same scenario who was there being told the same story. So HSE certainly don't consider the 1971 births as being 50 it would seem.

So back in the system and awaiting appointment 1 so probably a couple of weeks to wait for an mRNA vaccine. Just very frustrating as I was hoping to be sorted at this stage. Anyhow. just play the waiting game like the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sowerberry wrote: »
    Arrived at Croke Park for my appointment only to be told as many of you have noted that J&J is not available for the under 50s. Apparently a text was sent notifying re the cancellation, I never received nor did anyone else in the same scenario who was there being told the same story. So HSE certainly don't consider the 1971 births as being 50 it would seem.

So back in the system and awaiting appointment 1 so probably a couple of weeks to wait for an mRNA vaccine. Just very frustrating as I was hoping to be sorted at this stage. Anyhow. just play the waiting game like the rest.

I wonder if that's bad news for those of us 1976 born 44 year olds who think we've registered.....

Advertisement