Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Wife and I finally got an appointment (both 50) for Portlaoise MVC. Registered early (7th), appointment next Tuesday with Pfizer jab.
    Any idea if there is any flexibility for getting the second dose just 1 day earlier than the 4 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Suspect they want to give you JJ. I'd say they are trying as much as they can of it on the remaining 50s
    If it is the case, using it would be a good way to catch up those areas who seem way behind on that age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

What age are they currently down to in the Aviva?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

josip wrote: »
    What age are they currently down to in the Aviva?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭homenotaway

Darwin wrote: »
    Wife and I finally got an appointment (both 50) for Portlaoise MVC. Registered early (7th), appointment next Tuesday with Pfizer jab.
    Any idea if there is any flexibility for getting the second dose just 1 day earlier than the 4 weeks?

If you are not too far from Portlaoise would you both consider dropping in there tomorrow? They appear to be fairly flexible as long as you are registered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Age; 52
    Registered 11/5
    Text today
    Appointment; This Monday DCU
    Janssen
    North Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

Holy Duck wrote: »
    Age; 52
    Registered 11/5
    Text today
    Appointment; This Monday DCU
    Janssen
    North Co Dublin

I’m the same.
    Age 52
    Registered 13/5
    Text today
    Appointment this Monday DCU
    Janssen
    North Co.Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amolon01

Age 50
    Pfizer today in City Hall, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Rasmus wrote: »

not quite im 51 and still waiting. they are doing 49 on monday though (my wife).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

Haven't all the details, but...

Sibling age 51
    Living in Co Mayo
    Appt for Tue 25th in Roscommon
    Getting Pfizer

So my 2 younger siblings (and partner of one of them, also younger than me) get their first jab, and I'm still waiting. Happy for them, of course, but it's so frustrating!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Golfwidow wrote: »
    The lady who spoke to me on the HSE helpline sounded Spanish, but I could be wrong!

Every single person I've spoken to on the HSE "help" line has had an accent I can barely understand

Any query I've put to them is met with them looking it up on the HSE website. Something I'd already done myself

In typical HSE style, they (so far) haven't exactly put their A Team on the phones

Age 44
    Vac on Thursday
    No underlying conditions
    Cancellations
    Got moderna
    Sore arm / sore ears
    Otherwise good

Location?

Got j&j this afternoon in GAA grounds, Mallow.

A very smooth operation ...... appointment was 15:20, I arrived @ 15:15......back in car @ 15:30.

I'm 53 & got text on Weds night with appointment. Thankfully, just the one jab & no I'll effects

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pointywalnut

I am wondering about notifications for the 2nd dose appointments. When are you meant to receive them.

I got my first dose of Moderna on 25 April at a vaccination clinic, so tomorrow 23 May is exactly 28 days, afterwards and have not heard from the vaccination clinic yet. Phoned HSE and they had no clue

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Has anybody at all got any helpful information from the helpline ? All I see are posts saying they were hopeless ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I am wondering about notifications for the 2nd dose appointments. When are you meant to receive them.

I got my first dose of Moderna on 25 April at a vaccination clinic, so tomorrow 23 May is exactly 28 days, afterwards and have not heard from the vaccination clinic yet. Phoned HSE and they had no clue

Did he check your vaccine portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

35, got first dose of Pfizer yesterday, got on list earlier with my GP due to health condition.
    Feeling sh1te but feels the same as usual pain flare-up for me so it's hard to tell if it's the vaccine except for the specific arm pain.
    My second dose is scheduled for exactly 4 weeks and was told the date/time has to be exact (saw someone asking here earlier if you can change it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

emrys wrote: »
    not quite im 51 and still waiting. they are doing 49 on monday though (my wife).

Brother, 51, got Jansson today at Aviva

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

humberklog wrote: »
    Myself and partner both 51 registered today. They put in address for Dublin 13 and I put in for Dublin 9.

Ooooh the Red Car and the Blue Cart had a race....

I'll post back when a date is given. Exciting!

I work with the public (when shops are open) so it would be handy to have.

Both of us just got a text.

Tuesday 25th, her at 4 and me at 5.30.

Helix. Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Every single person I've spoken to on the HSE "help" line has had an accent I can barely understand

Any query I've put to them is met with them looking it up on the HSE website. Something I'd already done myself

In typical HSE style, they (so far) haven't exactly put their A Team on the phones

Maybe I’m in a minority but I think the HSE are doing an incredible job, much better than I ever imagined they could. Can you imagine trying to roll out this vaccine in the face of one of the most devestating cyber attacks ever experienced by a public agency? And yet still doing a fantastic job?

Mind you, I wouldn’t like to man the phones for the HSE dealing with some people complaining and moaning about the vaccines they have been allocated. But I think we should be proud of what the HSE and frontline staff are achieving here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Glinda

51, text yesterday, appointment tomorrow in DCU. Janssen :)

revelman wrote: »
    Maybe I’m in a minority but I think the HSE are doing an incredible job, much better than I ever imagined they could. Can you imagine trying to roll out this vaccine in the face of one of the most devestating cyber attacks ever experienced by a public agency? And yet still doing a fantastic job?

Mind you, I wouldn’t like to man the phones for the HSE dealing with some people complaining and moaning about the vaccines they have been allocated. But I think we should be proud of what the HSE and frontline staff are achieving here.
    • The "helpline" was utterly useless long before the attack
    • Cohort 7 continue to be an afterthought by them
    • People in Cohort 7 aren't "moaning" about anything. Some vaccines simply aren't suitable to some conditions in Cohort 7 and they're been told to ring the HSE line by GPs. The HSE line then tells them to go back to their GPs. And this too was before the attack
    So let's just say we disagree and leave it at that as it's off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

revelman wrote: »

While the vaccine rollout has been admirable and in most cases moved along well . An exception is cohort 7 who were deemed to be high risk and let down badly with groups below them being done before them . People in cohort 7 abandoned by their GPs are now in limbo and told to wait for the age on the portal . Many in cohort 7 are disappointed , anxious and upset over the bad handling of that high risk rollout

That is not a reflection on frontline vaccine staff who have been great but rather on the organisation of the high risk groups

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

54 vaccinated in letterkenny today jannsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭threetrees

Any notion what age Citywest is at? I did a search here but too far back to be up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

threetrees wrote: »
    Any notion what age Citywest is at? I did a search here but too far back to be up to date.

They were at 52 last night, waiting fo age 50 there myself

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

threetrees wrote: »

The hubby was vaccinated there today, he is 51 and got Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trickster88

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Has anybody at all got any helpful information from the helpline ? All I see are posts saying they were hopeless ?

I rang them today. Unfortunately they cant give the information because they dont have access to it - so in that sense hopeless. At least I was able to confirm that I was properly registered on the system.

Age 51, Cork city - still waiting for appointment...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

I registered for the vaccine yesterday but got a confirmation text from a UK number. Anyone know if this is a scam?? Or maybe part of the HSE hack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

arctictree wrote: »
    I registered for the vaccine yesterday but got a confirmation text from a UK number. Anyone know if this is a scam?? Or maybe part of the HSE hack?

That’s normal.

Advertisement