Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Tippman24

Got the astra Zeneca jab last Monday in Nenagh. Age 61.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,000 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

revelman wrote:
    Sounds a bit strange to me. The GP has clinical discretion so could just have given the vaccine to your daughter’s boyfriend if he had spare capacity, no questions asked. Why did the GP tell him to “register as a 70 year old�

Is it not the case that the GP eventually might have to justify to the HSE why he gave a vaccine to a young person? Perhaps my daughters bf was borderline as to weather he is medically high risk. A friend who is 55 with a heart condition, enlarge heart & ireglar heart beat. He's been brought into hospital 3 times over the years to stop and restart his heart. He gets his first jab in 3 weeks
    Another friend is 53 with rheumatism or arthritis in one finger from 5 years ago. All fine after treatment. Beaumont called him in a month ago because they think he is high risk. He'll be getting his 2nd jab around the same time as the guy with the heart connection gets his first jab

There is no real logic to the vaccine imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You just said that GPS have nothing to do with the vaccine. I was pointing out that they very much do.

I'm not dragging the thread off topic but you're playing with semantics. It was with reference to the particular circumstances of a particular post and was the norm not the exception. Divergence form the policy is not the overriding norm.

What do you suggest? That you'll sit doing nothing expecting a GP to call if you have no medical issues? You'll have a wait when you could register online and be done in little time.

But you carry on with the exception of GPs using surplus doses as your solution.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,000 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Jim_Hodge wrote:
    What do you suggest? That you'll sit doing nothing expecting a GP to call if you have no medical issues? You'll have a wait when you could register online and be done in little time.

Jim_Hodge wrote:
    But you carry on with the exception of GPs using surplus doses as your solution.

Where are you getting this nonsense from?

I have registered with the hse. I'm not waiting for my GP to phone me. I'm not in any hurry for the vaccine. In fact I'm happy to wait till the very end. I follow the work advice from the hse. Being an essential service I have worked right through the pandemic. Take the right precautions and you will be safe enough.

I'm pointing out how there is no rhyme no reason as to why why some are getting vaccine before others. Healthy people but also people with less underlying conditions getting jab quicker than people with heart conditions. People in their mid to late 60s haven't been vaccinated yet while healthy people in their early 50s have gotten their first jab. We'll all be vaccinated in the end but it's a bit of a shambles in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Age 55, got notification 5 mins ago to get Moderna vaccine tomorrow afternoon, Sligo vaccination center

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

54. Cork City. Next Monday. Pfizer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wow great to see the lower 50’s get called already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ideb

Registered 6th May. 55 yrs - Got text today for Citywest this Friday 14th. Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

54 in cork, Pfizer next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

48, underlying health condition, notified by GP I'm getting Pfizer on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

jellybear wrote: »
    Not to derail thread but...
    ... you managed it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

42, first jab in, thank God, maybe bones of two months now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Great to see the thread back on track.
    And good that we can see the ages coming down by the day.
    If people only post confirmed appointments coming up then we will see the progress very easily via this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jayzee

57 Dublin Pfizer today @aviva , registered on 07/05, notification 12/05

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

45, cohort 7, Moderna, PUC cork yesterday ; got text Monday night to confirm if I wanted an appt . text sent Tuesday confirming time etc !

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

60, Cork, AZ on Sunday 16/5. Registered on 27 April

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wish we could pin this on main page so we can see the updates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

Could we focus on mass vaccination centre online appointments though? It would be useful to see where the status of that is at the moment as it’s the only cohort moving in reverse chronological order.

Something like:

1) MVC or Cohort.
    2) Age.
    3) Location (specific vax centre are there are several in some areas).
    4) Vaccine type.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Laois
    Pfizer

Reg 8th
    Text today
    Apt Tues 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

I got first dose Monday 50-59 City West Pfizer
    Mrs got Hers yesterday 50-59, City West Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Could we focus on mass vaccination centre online appointments though? It would be useful to see where the status of that is at the moment as it’s the only cohort moving in reverse chronological order.

Something like:

1) MVC or Cohort.
    2) Age.
    3) Location (specific vax centre are there are several in some areas).
    4) Vaccine type.

I think leave the GP's in to give people an idea of where they stand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Register last week and got txt yesterday , appointment Saturday in Enniscorthy for astra
    Got phone call on Tuesday from gp , appointment on next tuesday in practice for pfizer .
    Rang HSE AND cancelled with them was thanked for letting them know as no shows are an issue in some centres

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Cork
    Pfizer

Text: Wednesday 12th
    Apt: Tuesday 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

-Friday 21st
    -Pfizer
    - No underlying conditions.

Just a random text from GP this eve to register on their site and then given the date and confirmation mail & text. Their site said they are vaccinating their patients aged 18-59. Must have spares or something. I've worked in frontline service throughout covid (off 4 miserable separate times due to work close contact!) so be thrilled to be finally safe if I actually get jabbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twiglet24

Clare,
    Registered 5th May, got text at 6 today for Saturday morning.
    Moderna
    (Was meant to be cohort 7 but got appointment through portal sooner.)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Next Thurs
    Pfizer
    No underlying conditions

Once I'm done the whole family is done! Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

40-45
    West
    Pfizer
    GP
    Got call offering vaccine same day presume they have surplus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Panrich

-Friday 21st
    -Pfizer

Just a random text from GP this eve to register on their site and then given the date and confirmation mail & text. Their site said they are vaccinating their patients aged 18-59. Must have spares or something. I've worked in frontline service throughout covid (off 4 miserable separate times due to work close contact!) so be thrilled to be finally safe if I actually get jabbed!
    Next Thurs
    Pfizer
    No underlying conditions

Once I'm done the whole family is done! Delighted

This is a bit depressing for me to read. While I have no issue with anyone getting the vaccine, I feel as though I'm living in a parallel universe. My wife (50) has severe asthma and stomach issues but no sign of a vaccine and I'm 58 and again not a sign of a vaccine. None of my siblings, 55, 52 and 50 have had one either. Surely on the law of averages, we'd know someone close in those age groups with a vaccine at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

Registered last Tue week. Vaccinated on Sat in Citywest. AZ 59

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

-Friday 21st
    -Pfizer

18-59 with underlying conditions is the criteria for GPs

I don't begrudge people getting vaccinated but you shouldn't be getting vaccinated through your GP & not at 44 unless you've a condition

Advertisement