Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ton3181

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Can you tell us your age and when did you register? Also are you living in Drogheda or East Meath? I think that people in Drogheda are being seen before those living in East Meath??

Age 58, East Meath. Registered on 5th May

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

arctictree wrote: »
    I registered for the vaccine yesterday but got a confirmation text from a UK number. Anyone know if this is a scam?? Or maybe part of the HSE hack?

My confirmation text came from a UK number too. The appointment text came from an 086 number. All's well!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

arctictree wrote: »
    I registered for the vaccine yesterday but got a confirmation text from a UK number. Anyone know if this is a scam?? Or maybe part of the HSE hack?

They use +44 and +49 numbers.

Here’s details of all the numbers the HSE use for the vaccine registration.

“ Your text verification code will come from a +44 or +49 number. For example: +44 XXX XXX XXXX or +49 XXX XXXX XXXX.

Our +44 and +49 numbers are automatically generated by the registration system.”

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/user-guide/texts-and-emails-you-will-get/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

revelman wrote: »
    Maybe I’m in a minority but I think the HSE are doing an incredible job, much better than I ever imagined they could. Can you imagine trying to roll out this vaccine in the face of one of the most devestating cyber attacks ever experienced by a public agency? And yet still doing a fantastic job?

Mind you, I wouldn’t like to man the phones for the HSE dealing with some people complaining and moaning about the vaccines they have been allocated. But I think we should be proud of what the HSE and frontline staff are achieving here.

The appointment system is still working away fine because its not hosted on any of the HSE systems that are affected due to cyber attacks.

The appointment system is hosted on Salesforce.com.

The disjoint at the moment is where they dont have history for the people at risk due to affected HSE IT systems. GPs have them, so where possible GPs are calling away people who are registered with them and have a medical condition. In case of leftovers they are calling away whoever they can contact.

Unnfotunately not all GPs doing vaccines like mine.

Oh and because its hosted on the Salesforce.com and their datacentres are in UK, Germany and ofcourse Ireland, so you see all these texts coming from +44 and +49 numbers as well. Its not a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Age 49
    Registered Wed 19th
    Text Saturday 22nd
    Appointment Monday 24th, Pfizer, Aviva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mrs Lumen
    Age 49
    Registered 18 May.
    Appointment today @ Greystones MVC, was called this morning presumably by somone working there, vaccine not specified, nothing showing in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Shelflife wrote: »
    Age 53
    Registered 10/5
    Text no text found out on portal
    Date Sunday 23rd
    J&J
    Mayo

Went to confirm and answer medical Qs on the portal as prompted only to be kicked out and lost my date. Not a happy camper !:(

From reading this thread I decided to chance my arm :pac:

Rocked up the vaccination centre, told them what happened, they were happy to facilitate me as I was registered and on the system.

Whole thing including 15min wait took 35mins tops.

Very efficient in the Mayo centre !

• Registered Users Posts: 45 reach for the stars

Aged 51 , Registered mon 17th , got appointment text wed 19th , vaccinated fri 21st , janssen in ballybrit Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Shelflife wrote: »
    From reading this thread I decided to chance my arm :pac:
    Got that pun, well done on the double!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Does anyone have a sense when they will open the portal for the 40 to 44 age group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

redved wrote: »
    Does anyone have a sense when they will open the portal for the 40 to 44 age group?
    Well, today is for the 45 year olds. I'd guess at least a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

is_that_so wrote: »
    Well, today is for the 45 year olds. I'd guess at least a week.

I am surprised its not tomorrow? At this stage unlikely I suppose, but the 49 year olds only got half a day's notice (announced Tuesday afternoon for Wednesday) so still possible. Can't see why there would be a weeks break. Wasn't between 65 and 64, and all 50s were consecutive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I am surprised its not tomorrow? At this stage unlikely I suppose, but the 49 year olds only got half a day's notice (announced Tuesday afternoon for Wednesday) so still possible. Can't see why there would be a weeks break. Wasn't between 65 and 64, and all 50s were consecutive.

The 40 cohort is bigger though so maybe that’s why it’s being split. They also seem to be restricted by vaccine choice and supply.

Hopefully it opens again later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Well there are far more people in their forties than their are in their sixties or even fifties. The Irish baby boom period was the 1970s and 1980s. That is one reason.

Another reason is that fewer people in their forties will have had underlying conditions and therefore already vaccinated as part of Cohort 4 or 7.

So, taken together, there are far more people that need to be vaccinated in this age group. So it will take longer, despite vaccine supplies increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

I'd expect a few days between each 5 year span to drain the reservoir a bit of accumulated registrations, but a week would surprise me too. I mean looking at the target of 80% given a first dose by early July that keeps being reiterated, presumably that would require 90-100% of people down to 25 being done, or a lower percentage of those down to 18. That would mean opening about another 4 or 5 tranches (of 5 years, or 7 for the last one to get to 18) between now and then.

If each one takes 5 days and they wait a week between them, that's effectively 12 days per tranche, and they'd only get to 30 by the end of June at that rate, which would not meet that target by a long way.

There was a gap of a week or so for the over 50s. The last of the over 60s were the 27th April and the over 50s started on 4th May and finished on May 13th with the over 40s starting on May 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Lumen wrote: »
    Mrs Lumen
    Age 49
    Registered 18 May.
    Appointment today @ Greystones MVC, was called this morning presumably by somone working there, vaccine not specified, nothing showing in the app.

Does the call appear as a private number?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Does the call appear as a private number?

Irish mobile number. I assume it's people in the centre making calls from their own phones. Have asked her to report back with maximum detail. :pac:

Lumen wrote: »
    Irish mobile number. I assume it's people in the centre making calls from their own phones. Have asked her to report back with maximum detail. :pac:
    Did you tell her the internet is waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Legit_ie

Loc : Dublin

Registered on 12th May. Rang helpline this morning as we are taking a short family holiday for a week from Sat 28th and wanted to check on status and if location needed to be changed.

Was advised that the appointment was for 3pm tomorrow and cyber attack would be reason I didn't get notification.

20 minutes later I got a text with appointment details.

So now I am wondering if I had waited another hour would the text have come out anyway, or was it pushed out again following my call. Most likely the latter which may mean people are missing out. If there is an issue with notifications, HSE should be letting people know that they may need to ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Parents in their 60s offered AZ vaccine, despite being high risk and entitled to mRNA vaccine.no luck ringing the helpline. Disgraceful

Parents in their 60s offered AZ vaccine, despite being high risk and entitled to mRNA vaccine.no luck ringing the helpline. Disgraceful
    How did they get an appointment, through the portal? AZ is for the over 60s in general. Has their GP not identified them as group 4 or 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Text today.
    Vaccine tomorrow: Citywest
    Pfizer.

So excited I could dance :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CúilChip

Tipperary
    Call from doctor Friday
    Wednesday 28th of May
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Legit_ie wrote: »
    Loc : Dublin

Registered on 12th May. Rang helpline this morning as we are taking a short family holiday for a week from Sat 28th and wanted to check on status and if location needed to be changed.

Was advised that the appointment was for 3pm tomorrow and cyber attack would be reason I didn't get notification.

20 minutes later I got a text with appointment details.

So now I am wondering if I had waited another hour would the text have come out anyway, or was it pushed out again following my call. Most likely the latter which may mean people are missing out. If there is an issue with notifications, HSE should be letting people know that they may need to ring.

They've been saying all along the vaccine roll out is on a different system from the hacked HSE database. I don't know what that customer care rep is on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The thing was that before they decided to make exceptions for 40+ years olds - prior at risk groups (like your parents) were not given any choice. Now we have entire groups being facilitated regardless of individual medical risk.

Your parents should have been vaccinated by their GP. Did you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

I’m just wondering if anyone has successfully unregistered on the vaccine portal and then reregistered with a different postcode? I’m sick of waiting here in the East Meath area. I’m 55-60 category, have called helpline and been ‘prioritised’ twice. I work with the public and have already had to restrict my movements a few times due to Covid. Feeling really vulnerable and nervous at this stage. I’m wondering if I could use a postcode of parents in another county? Is this allowed? Has anyone else done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

Would you be better off just turning up and explaining your situation Golfwidow. Perhaps go late in the day to your local centre. Worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Golfwidow wrote: »
    I’m just wondering if anyone has successfully unregistered on the vaccine portal and then reregistered with a different postcode? I’m sick of waiting here in the East Meath area. I’m 55-60 category, have called helpline and been ‘prioritised’ twice. I work with the public and have already had to restrict my movements a few times due to Covid. Feeling really vulnerable and nervous at this stage. I’m wondering if I could use a postcode of parents in another county? Is this allowed? Has anyone else done this?

I tried to do that using separate phones, emails, eircodrs etc. It was the PPS number that blocked me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I tried to do that using separate phones, emails, eircodrs etc. It was the PPS number that blocked me out.
    Did you unregister first?

Advertisement