Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Registered: Very late on Thursday 20th May (just as it opened for 47s).
    Text: today 23rd May
    Appointment: Wednesday 26th May
    Vaccine: Moderna
    Centre: Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trickster88

great stuff, onto 48s already so.

Truly delighted for everyone who has got vaccinated so far.

I would really like to get vaccinated too (and preferably with Pfizer)... but when?!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

gozunda wrote: »
    The thing was that before they decided to make exceptions for 40+ years olds - prior at risk groups (like your parents) were not given any choice. Now we have entire groups being facilitated regardless of individual medical risk.

Your parents should have been vaccinated by their GP. Did you contact them?

Gp said they aren’t doing high risk group or anyone under 70, told them to register on. The portal. Portal only offered them AZ

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

lausp wrote: »
    I might be missing something, but what is disgraceful?

High risk groups entitled to mRNA vaccine.
    One of my parents had cancer a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

The fact you had to spell that out for some who don't know why certain conditions need an mRNA vaccine is quite something

I hope your parents get sorted soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I hope they get sorted soon , I don’t understand why they get no choice yet younger healthy people get a choice

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

I'm not sure why it would make a difference which vaccine they get. When you say entitled to an mRNA vaccine you imply its better?

Both my parents are in their late 60s, both high risk and got astrazeneca. Don't see why I would be aggrieved with that. I was delighted they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I hope they get sorted soon , I don’t understand why they get no choice yet younger healthy people get a choice

The policy is in place because younger healthy people are at lower risk from covid, so they should be offered the absolute safest vaccines. Risk/benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Anyone know what age Greystones is at now? was early 50s on Thursday / Friday using J&J

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

BigGeorge wrote: »
    Anyone know what age Greystones is at now? was early 50s on Thursday / Friday using J&J

Know 2 49 year olds getting Pfizer there tues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Truly delighted for everyone who has got vaccinated so far.

I would really like to get vaccinated too (and preferably with Pfizer)... but when?!

exactly same as you - 51 registered on 12th - location Dublin- my 49 yr old wife is getting her vaccine today in aviva and i've heard nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Bellie1

emrys wrote: »
    exactly same as you - 51 registered on 12th - location Dublin- my 49 yr old wife is getting her vaccine today in aviva and i've heard nothing!

50 here and also waiting.Have 2 friends who are 49 got appointments for city hall where I'm also registered (hse line were able to tell me this).. Obviously waiting for next delivery of Jansen before they schedule us. We're the only group who can use it on so they have to make us wait to try reach the 80% target at end June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cork EV

Text: 23 May
    Appointment: 25 May
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Bellie1 wrote: »
    50 here and also waiting.Have 2 friends who are 49 got appointments for city hall where I'm also registered (hse line were able to tell me this).. Obviously waiting for next delivery of Jansen before they schedule us. We're the only group who can use it on so they have to make us wait to try reach the 80% target at end June.

So 50 year olds are having to wait behind 49 year olds and younger to get an inferior vaccine. I can see a lot of cancellations of people waiting to get Pfizer and Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

51 year old colleague in Dublin still waiting for an appointment.
    His wife 47 has an appointment for tomorrow at DCU.
    Not sure which vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

clunked wrote: »
    So 50 year olds are having to wait behind 49 year olds and younger to get an inferior vaccine. I can see a lot of cancellations of people waiting to get Pfizer and Moderna

You will get criticism for saying that but were I one of those 50 year olds I'd be a bit cheesed off alright. On the plus side they will be vaccinated with JJ in the next week I'd imagine so they will be deemed fully vaccinated in mid June. If JJ efficacy isn't great against Indian or other variant I suspect plenty of MRNA for a booster come Sept or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There is a very limited supply of J&J. There is a chance they will run out of this before your appointment. I cancel my appointment each time I get one, 5 so far from friday to tomorrow, & eventually I will be offered one of the safer vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I asked my GP as I fall into group 7. I was told I've been added to the waitlist. Has anyone here experience how long they were waiting after being on a GP waitlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    I asked my GP as I fall into group 7. I was told I've been added to the waitlist. Has anyone here experience how long they were waiting after being on a GP waitlist?

It depends on your GP

My wifes GP spent a month doing over 70s he then has to spend a month doing 2nd dose for over 70s. He's doing this now but not taking on anymore jobs till this is complete.

If you are over 45 you could be quicker on the HSE portal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

Why would you say its inferior ?

From what I understand there's two aspects to a vaccine, safety and efficacy. Some vaccines don't pass the current "safety" threshold in some countries for certain age groups, so those age groups are offered ones that do. All the vaccines pass the efficacy test and they pretty much all prevent hospitalisation and death.

Are Citywest into the 40s yet does anyone know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Is there mad delays still in places? My parents are 57 and 55 and registered since the beginning of May still no word,checking the portal regularly. Louth area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

emrys wrote: »

Seem to be only 2 or 3 49 yr olds so far in Dublin getting vaccine texts for a MVC.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Is there mad delays still in places? My parents are 57 and 55 and registered since the beginning of May still no word,checking the portal regularly. Louth area

Yeah some centers are still at 60’s (think drogheda and Dundalk area, Meath too), while other places like cork seem to be flying. Just depends on demographic of area of lots were already down via gp’s etc and how many the centers can do. If worried give the helpline a call. Also check portal as not everyone getting texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah some centers are still at 60’s (think drogheda and Dundalk area, Meath too), while other places like cork seem to be flying. Just depends on demographic of area of lots were already down via gp’s etc and how many the centers can do. If worried give the helpline a call. Also check portal as not everyone getting texts.

How do you check the portal? I can only find how to register (which I have done last week) but not how to check status.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

51, Pfizer in Citywest this afternoon, got the text message yesterday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mandy2012

Text: 23rd May
    Appointment:25th May
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

pc7 wrote: »
    I think its very simplistic to quote demographics as a reason why areas like Louth/Meath are so slow. I don't for one minute believe that the demographic living there is any different from anywhere else in the country. To me it seems like the resources are not being put into the area. It is an absolute disgrace that areas around the country are now doing those in their 40s while 60 year olds are still waiting elsewhere. Why are the MVCs serving Louth/East Meath not operating 7 days per week. They are also only running 9 to 5 each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Bellie1

Russman wrote: »
    Why would you say its inferior ?

From what I understand there's two aspects to a vaccine, safety and efficacy. Some vaccines don't pass the current "safety" threshold in some countries for certain age groups, so those age groups are offered ones that do. All the vaccines pass the efficacy test and they pretty much all prevent hospitalisation and death.

Are Citywest into the 40s yet does anyone know ?

MRNA vaccines have higher efficacy. I'm more concerned about long covid than actually dying(women over 50 most at risk from this) so the MRNAs give more protection against this. Also one dose of Pfizer etc shown to only have 33% efficacy against Indian variant so can only imagine Jansen has similar.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

cotton wrote: »
    How do you check the portal? I can only find how to register (which I have done last week) but not how to check status.

Where you go to register look under the box’s for names etc and you’ll see a link to ‘already registered’

• Advertisement

Ll31 wrote: »
    Know 2 49 year olds getting Pfizer there tues

I know people in their 50s still waiting on Greystones,so am puzzled as to why they're doing 49 yr olds
    Very disorganised

Advertisement