Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Bellie1

I know people in their 50s still waiting on Greystones,so am puzzled as to why they're doing 49 yr olds
    Very disorganised

It's actually quite organised as hse waiting for next delivery of Jansen so have paused alot of over 50s as else nobody to take the janssen. Only logical explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

cotton wrote: »
    How do you check the portal? I can only find how to register (which I have done last week) but not how to check status.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

High risk groups entitled to mRNA vaccine.
    One of my parents had cancer a year ago.

I don’t think that’s correct (unfortunately) there’s no guidance that I can find at all online now about it but previously it was only people on specific immunno compromising medication or very specific disorders that should only get MRNA. Cancer was not one of them. I don’t agree with it but it’s not going against the guidance.
    If anyone can find different please correct me.
    My parents fall in to cohort 4 and 7, they both received AZ as they were over 60. Their gp told me the HSE told them they couldn’t vaccinate 60-69 year olds and they had to register on the portal.
    I wanted them to get an MRNA vaccine too as I do view it as superior (controversial I know) but now that they have had their first dose of AZ, I’m just glad they have some protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Bellie1 wrote: »
    It's actually quite organised as hse waiting for next delivery of Jansen so have paused alot of over 50s as else nobody to take the janssen. Only logical explanation

can 40-somethings not opt for Janssen? I'd certainly take it.

I left my name in with the Greystones centre on Friday (I live nearby) but have heard nothing from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

loyatemu wrote: »
    I would too, but it's not currently being offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

I left my name in with the Greystones centre on Friday (I live nearby) but have heard nothing from them.

Can you leave your name in at a vaccination centre for spares if you live near one? I’m registered and waiting 2 weeks and really keen now to get it done. When I call the HSE number they just say to keep waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Can you leave your name in at a vaccination centre for spares if you live near one? I’m registered and waiting 2 weeks and really keen now to get it done. When I call the HSE number they just say to keep waiting.

That would make too much sense to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I got the J&J in Greystones on Friday.

Appointment was for 15:00.
    I showed up at 14:50
    Queue was out of the building, across the carpark and a couple of hundred yards down the road. Stood in the rain for an hour before even getting into the building.
    I got the jab at 16:35 and out at 16:50

The wait was a pain but very happy to be complete

If you're registered, they already have your details.

I don't see the point in taking up resources by trying to circumvent the process, which is admittedly a bit of a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Bellie1 wrote: »

Doesnt seem that way, scroll through the thread, there's lot of over 50s getting Pfizer and Moderna in Dublin and elsewhere. Why they will give it to someone over 50 and not to the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

BraveDonut wrote: »
    I got the J&J in Greystones on Friday.

Appointment was for 15:00.
    I showed up at 14:50
    Queue was out of the building, across the carpark and a couple of hundred yards down the road. Stood in the rain for an hour before even getting into the building.
    I got the jab at 16:35 and out at 16:50

The wait was a pain but very happy to be complete

How are there queues of 1.30 hours plus when people are told not to turn up 5 mins before their slot? Are people ignoring that instruction or is there a shortage of vaccinators?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

My sister (47) and her husband (48) both registered last week and have appointments this week (Pfizer) in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Lumen wrote: »
    If you're registered, they already have your details.

I don't see the point in taking up resources by trying to circumvent the process, which is admittedly a bit of a lottery.

a) I know someone who had success doing this last week, and the guy I left my details with seemed happy enough to take them on that basis.
    b) someone I know who works in one of the other centres told me there's up to 20% no-shows each day and they're scrabbling about trying to find more arms to stick needles into at the end of the day.

Benefit to the centre - they don't have to ditch expiring doses.
    Benefit to me - I don't have to go to the Aviva.

In theory at least, I remain unvaccinated and also have no appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Claire Byrne interviewing Taoiseach on COVID. Pretty lengthy interview though didn’t really learn anything new. Pity she did not ask him when portal will open for people under 45. The media and everyone seems very quiet on this. I guess most stakeholders are over 45!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

someone I know who works in one of the other centres told me there's up to 20% no-shows each day and they're scrabbling about trying to find more arms to stick needles into at the end of the day.
    What is 'the end of the day' at the MVCs? The website doesn't seem to give hours of operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭positron

muckisluck wrote: »
    I think its very simplistic to quote demographics as a reason why areas like Louth/Meath are so slow. I don't for one minute believe that the demographic living there is any different from anywhere else in the country. To me it seems like the resources are not being put into the area. It is an absolute disgrace that areas around the country are now doing those in their 40s while 60 year olds are still waiting elsewhere. Why are the MVCs serving Louth/East Meath not operating 7 days per week. They are also only running 9 to 5 each day.

Drogheda ranks sixth in the list of urban areas by population in Ireland, yet for the 40,000+ people of Drogheda, the nearest vaccination center is 30 kms away. Drogheda is the only large town in Ireland that does not have a vaccination center. The neglect is 100% real.

PS: The vaccination center in Drogheda that made news recently is temporary and specifically for the hospital staff and patients.

PPS: Editing to add Drogheda + Laytown/Bettystown area + Balbriggan = same population as that of Galway. It makes zero sense to not to have a vaccination center for this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

If anyone has any experience of the MVC in Citywest to share? Is it moving well, is it easily laid out, parking?

That kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

revelman wrote: »
    Claire Byrne interviewing Taoiseach on COVID. Pretty lengthy interview though didn’t really learn anything new. Pity she did not ask him when portal will open for people under 45. The media and everyone seems very quiet on this. I guess most stakeholders are over 45!

I doubt the age of the stakeholders has anything to do with it. Most likely its because they have a shedload of 45–50 year olds (plus quite a few 50+ year olds by the sound of things) to work through.

No point opening portal to a new age group if there is no chance they’ll get a jab in next 3 weeks. All that would do would lead to a load of 40-44 year olds getting pissy about not hearing anything for weeks and taking up resources phoning up helplines, etc. Better to open portal when they are confident they will actually be able to vaccinate the folks within 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

We're seeing the first 48yrs appointments coming in for prob Wed Thur, so I guess they will need to open by Thursday to keep the reservoir of registered people broad enough to fill gaps at short notice. Can't really be much longer than that, and then 44 year olds getting their first jabs around Wed Thur of next week after getting apointments from the weekend onwards. Had hoped for first jabs of this cohort for end of May but will be into the first week of June and then second appointments at the end of June / start of July presuming mRNA vaccines only.

EDit wrote: »
    I doubt the age of the stakeholders has anything to do with it. Most likely its because they have a shedload of 45–50 year olds (plus quite a few 50+ year olds by the sound of things) to work through.
    The other factor is that the portal was opened early for over 45s because they are being given different vaccines to the over-50s, so it made sense to do them in parallel.

The under 45s will be given the same vaccines as the over 45s so there's no rush to register.

The app says up to three weeks for an appointment so they need to time it right to avoid disappointment/giving out.

• Advertisement

If anyone has any experience of the MVC in Citywest to share? Is it moving well, is it easily laid out, parking?

That kind of stuff.

As of saturday it was on over 50s still
    Moderna that day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Fann Linn wrote: »
    How are there queues of 1.30 hours plus when people are told not to turn up 5 mins before their slot? Are people ignoring that instruction or is there a shortage of vaccinators?

I do think that some people did show up early.

The only explanation from a very apologetic lady that did the registration was that it was the first day of J&J and that they have some problems starting the day

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AgnesTruluv

That kind of stuff.

Very well laid out.
    Plenty of parking, stewards on hand to direct parking, and plenty of people along the way to direct you to the right areas, in the building.
    No delays when I was there at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭gipi

positron wrote: »
    Drogheda ranks sixth in the list of urban areas by population in Ireland, yet for the 40,000+ people of Drogheda, the nearest vaccination center is 30 kms away. Drogheda is the only large town in Ireland that does not have a vaccination center. The neglect is 100% real.

PS: The vaccination center in Drogheda that made news recently is temporary and specifically for the hospital staff and patients.

PPS: Editing to add Drogheda + Laytown/Bettystown area + Balbriggan = same population as that of Galway. It makes zero sense to not to have a vaccination center for this area.

The Drogheda vaccination centre is vaccinating the general public, it's no longer for healthcare workers exclusively. The problem is that it appears to be vaccinating the public 3 days a week (the other 2 days are for HCW), making throughput very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 itsybitsyy

Fann Linn wrote: »

My husband had his appointment on Tuesday 18th, at 3.40pm....he waited 3h....got the vaccine at 6.45pm. Greystones ( seems that lots of people are showing at the hours they want)

A friend of mine his getting it tomorrow (49 years old). Waiting for mine appointment I'm 47.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

EDit wrote: »

No point opening portal to a new age group if there is no chance they’ll get a jab in next 3 weeks. All that would do would lead to a load of 40-44 year olds getting pissy about not hearing anything for weeks and taking up resources phoning up helplines, etc. Better to open portal when they are confident they will actually be able to vaccinate the folks within 2-3 weeks.

Completely agree with this. I didn’t phrase my initial comment very clearly, I guess. What I meant was it is interesting that nobody in the media or others are asking questions about the next steps for the portal. Up to now, politicians were being constantly grilled about when the portal will open for the next age group.

I guess another explanation is that as we move down through the age groups, COVID-related risks decrease so maybe this question becomes less urgent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭moby2101

49 registered on Thursday 20th.
    Pfizer Jab 1 just gone in here in Radisson Hotel, Limerick.
    Wahoo happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SevenAte9

That kind of stuff.
    Very well laid out.
    Plenty of parking, stewards on hand to direct parking, and plenty of people along the way to direct you to the right areas, in the building.
    No delays when I was there at the weekend.

Agree with AgnesTruluv - all very well laid out.

In terms of delays though, I was there on Friday with an appointment for 16:20.
    I arrived at 16:15 and was back in my car at 17:30. Total time of 75 minutes.

A friend of mine had an appointment at 13:30 and was back in her car at 14:10. Another
    friend vaccinated on Thursday afternoon had a 90 total time.

It is very well organised alright and just depends on the numbers ahead of you really. I was happy to wait for the jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

SevenAte9 wrote: »
    Agree with AgnesTruluv - all very well laid out.

In terms of delays though, I was there on Friday with an appointment for 16:20.
    I arrived at 16:15 and was back in my car at 17:30. Total time of 75 minutes.

A friend of mine had an appointment at 13:30 and was back in her car at 14:10. Another
    friend vaccinated on Thursday afternoon had a 90 total time.

It is very well organised alright and just depends on the numbers ahead of you really. I was happy to wait for the jab.

City Hall Cork on Saturday I arrived at 14:15 for 14:20 apointment and the sticker after the shot had 14:45 as exit time so exactly 25 mins. City Hall seemingly did 3000 shots on Saturday which my nurse said was double usual amount they do per day. Surprised to hear others waiting so long as it's really well organized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭ThreeGreens

positron wrote: »
    Drogheda is the only large town in Ireland that does not have a vaccination center. The neglect is 100% real.

Lucan's population is 25% larger than Drogheda, but doesn't have it's own vaccination centre.
    We can't have one in every town.

Advertisement