Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Panrich wrote: »
    This is a bit depressing for me to read. While I have no issue with anyone getting the vaccine, I feel as though I'm living in a parallel universe. My wife (50) has severe asthma and stomach issues but no sign of a vaccine and I'm 58 and again not a sign of a vaccine. None of my siblings, 55, 52 and 50 have had one either. Surely on the law of averages, we'd know someone close in those age groups with a vaccine at this stage.

Neither of those you quoted if they don't have an underlying condition should be near a vaccine at the moment via GP

If they have underlying conditions then fair enough they are in line, if they don't then their GPs are a disgrace (not the posters fault, GP fault)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Neither of those you quoted if they don't have an underlying condition should be near a vaccine at the moment via GP

If they have underlying conditions then fair enough they are in line, if they don't then their GPs are a disgrace (not the posters fault, GP fault)

I still reckon its a cock up on part of my GP's software or incompetent clerical staff member etc. I'm not expecting to get it all honesty and fully expect a cancellation/apology for getting hopes up over next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

I think GPs ordered X number of vaccines to cover underlying condition s, when vaccines arrive they offer them to those patients.
    However some already could be vaccinated ( nurse, diabetes cinic) others may refuse offer. Those in 50s& 60s registered so surplus may be offered to those in 40s? Presume they select some people due to previous medical history, BMI ... With an aim of using all the vaccines
    Some may just get more vaccines than ordered was story during week about Longford GP getting 400 shots delivered order was <100.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭plodder

I still reckon its a cock up on part of my GP's software or incompetent clerical staff member etc. I'm not expecting to get it all honesty and fully expect a cancellation/apology for getting hopes up over next few days.
    My daughter has asthma, under control on medication, was told by GP receptionist because it's under control to "wait her turn" by age. Checked with HSE and they were definitely wrong. Sounds to me like group 7 is a bit of a mess in some practices at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

Next Thurs
    Pfizer
    No underlying conditions

Once I'm done the whole family is done! Delighted

Are you the youngest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Registered last Friday 7th, got a call today they've an empty slot available in the morning, riverside in Enniscorthy I'm 56, first jab obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

plodder wrote: »
    My daughter has asthma, under control on medication, was told by GP receptionist because it's under control to "wait her turn" by age. Checked with HSE and they were definitely wrong. Sounds to me like group 7 is a bit of a mess in some practices at least.

Its down to the individual GPs not keeping up to date, ive a mate in work who contacted their GP this week and they were still pushing the massively outdated plan where it looked like anyone without an underlying condition or that wasn't an essential worker and was under 50 etc wouldn't be getting their vaccine till August at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Next Thurs
    Pfizer
    No underlying conditions

Once I'm done the whole family is done! Delighted

This seems way too young.
    People in their late 40s have not been vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ktsul

41, 2nd Pfizer jab today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

munster87 wrote: »
    Are you the youngest?

No, my brother is younger but with underlying condition. As has my mother and father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This seems way too young. People in their late 40s have not been vaccinated.

Either a troll or underlying condition that he hasn't mentioned I'd imagine. Having said that GPS are giving extras to any age group. It's really whoever can get to the surgery quickly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Either a troll or underlying condition that he hasn't mentioned I'd imagine. Having said that GPS are giving extras to any age group. It's really whoever can get to the surgery quickly enough

44, no underlying conditions, received first Pfizer dose last week, was scheduled four days in advance.

I didn't seek a vaccination, it was offered to me by my GP. I don't feel guilty about it as obviously there were doses that had to go somewhere.

I've been wary of telling people outside of close friends and family about it, due to fearing reactions like the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

On that. Breakdown of vaccinations to date by age group.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1392841078416584711?s=20

Though it doesn't specify the % of those who were deemed at risk by reason of medical condition etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

GPs are doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I didn't seek a vaccination, it was offered to me by my GP. I don't feel guilty about it as obviously there were doses that had to go somewhere.

I've already said earlier that doctors are giving out vacancies to almost any age group when they had excess doses. I have three family members that this has happened to.

You were offered it & you were available. Nothing to feel bad about imo. Having said that HSE are not as in control of the roll out as we'd like them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Too much fluff in this thread :)
    It is here to see what ages are getting the jab at the moment.
    Can we stick to
    Appointment Date:

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Cohort 4
    Second Pfizer on may 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bwdbwd

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Too much fluff in this thread :)
    It is here to see what ages are getting the jab at the moment.
    Can we stick to
    Appointment Date:

And location please

• Registered Users Posts: 21 scouser123

Age 60
    Appointment received No
    Appointment Date: None
    Location Meath

Can't understand why there seems to be little concern about thousands of people in their 50s getting vaccinated before many in their 60s on the same system. I thought the rollout was by age and the vaccination centre was allocated accordingly?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

scouser123 wrote: »
    Age 60
    Appointment received No
    Location Meath

Can't understand why there seems to be little concern about thousands of people in their 50s getting vaccinated before many in their 60s on the same system. I thought the rollout was by age and the vaccination centre was allocated accordingly?

Hopefully this thread will uncover that sort of thing and people who might have been missed can phone the HSE and ask what gives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 SevenAte9

Age 60
    Appointment received No
    Location Meath

Seems to be by vaccination centre, by age. In Westmeath, my partner, who is 60 had her vaccination yesterday - but I know of people in their late 50;s who were vaccinated in CityWest.

Like I said to her all of last week - have patience, you will get it very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 scouser123

Yes I get that to a certain extent but Donnelly said on the radio yesterday that people will be sent to the vaccination centre that's ready for them. So they may have to travel and would be happy to do that instead of wait. I wonder is Meath particularly slow. I actually live nearer to the Helix!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Yes I get that to a certain extent but Donnelly said on the radio yesterday that people will be sent to the vaccination centre that's ready for them. So they may have to travel and would be happy to do that instead of wait. I wonder is Meath particularly slow. I actually live nearer to the Helix!

Sent you a PM. IT issue with Eircodes in South/East Meath leading to delays.

jellybear wrote: »
    Sent you a PM. IT issue with Eircodes in South/East Meath leading to delays.
    Can you elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

plodder wrote: »
    Can you elaborate?

See posts here http://www.facebook.com/DamienPOReilly

jellybear wrote: »
    Thanks. I'd be interested to find out the details of the issue as I live not far from there, but not in Meath, and am waiting over a week at this stage too. If the problem is really with the Eircodes then we could be affected too, as counties don't have anything to do with the registration system afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Appointment Received:12-05-21
    Appointment Date:15-05-21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Registered by Phone: 07-05-21
    Appointment Received:13-05-21
    Appointment Date:15-05-21
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Appointment received: 7/05
    Vaccine: 14/05 Pfeizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭pjq

Appointment Received:14-05-21
    Appointment Date:18-05-21
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Advertisement