Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Like a dog with a bone :)

More like that raccoon with the sugar cube.

Nope, this isn't pfizer...:pac:
    HEzfWn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. A few nice pms too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Looks like Galway Ballybrit are doing AZ on Thursday

51, Healthcare frontline, second dose

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Interesting. Was that 12 weeks or 16 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

sean72 wrote: »
    Have you tried DMing HSElive on Twitter. They helped me with a phone number issue.

Tried that ! .... they replied to tell me to phone the helpline !!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Whats the HSE helpline number? How long was the wait to get through to an someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Whats the HSE helpline number? How long was the wait to get through to an someone?

The best time to call is between 1pm and 6pm. You will get through to an operator quicker.

LoCall: 1850 24 1850

Phone: 01 240 8787

From outside Ireland or the UK: +353 1 240 8787

https://www2.hse.ie/services/contact-the-hse/

Rang yesterday before 1pm and got answered fairly quickly, after pressing through the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Samob

I had the same status for three weeks since I first registered. All the bullet points were grey. I tried calling the helpline over 10 times and they weren’t able to help me. I tried the Irish language registration section of the helpline 2 days ago with my very poor Irish skills and it worked! My status changed immediately and awaiting appointment 1 was highlighted. I got my appointment text yesterday and am just back from the Aviva where I got Pfizer in just over an hour.

They are local in the Irish language section and not a call centre in India reading off a script which I seemed to get before. It’s worth your while trying if you have even a minimal grasp of the Irish language or if you don’t, get someone you know who has very basic Irish to call for you. They will allow more than a cupla focal Bearla.

I've sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 13 california dreaming

Hiya Chicken Run,

Thanks for the info, that would explain the delay with texting the late 40's then - my husband is 47 and we are eagerly awaiting the ping of that text and I thought he would have it by now. Hopefully soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Husbag is getting his tomorrow. He’s 49, Citywest, Pfizer. Registered online last week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Myself and partner 1st shot today. Pfizer in the Helix.

Efficient and friendly.

When I entered the Helix there was 8 soldiers in camo gear coming down the stairs in the foyer which gave a nice World War Z feel to the moment.
    You enter single file into the auditorium which is mostly black and dark wood and the clinical white polyfiber cubicles was visually quite striking. Otherworldly.

I didn't understand what the African doctor was saying too well except for the four times he tried to explain to his supervisor that he was on overtime from 4 to 8 and needed a certain chit signed. It's was funny looking at her eyes rolling each time he said it.

It was the first time in the last 15 months that I actually felt that, for this moment at least, maybe we were all in this together.

I hope the doc got his form signed. For everyone's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

corkie wrote: »
    The working theory from here, that 50+ group are being held back, for a supply of J&J. Makes more sense than blaming the HSE Cyber-attack date.

It is clear that the vaccination portal, which is on a different system has remained unaffected and still working properly for every other age groups.

Edit: -

"“We can’t have a scenario where we end up progressing through the ages where we’re in a much younger age group and still waiting for deliveries [of J&J] to finalise the over 50s. Ultimately it needs some flexibility to utilise those Janssens beyond the age currently it’s defined for,” he said."
    https://www.thejournal.ie/jj-vaccine-hse-5430184-May2021/

Looks like that scenario is actually playing out now.

Appointment came in... Pfizer at DCU on Thursday. Nice theory but...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sleahy296

45 registered at 3pm today got text appointment at 6pm for appoimtment in 2 days Thurs 25th Pfizer jab, Cork Pairc Ui Chaoimh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Does anyone know what the story is with photo id ? All photo id is in maiden name and of course without thinking I registered with my married name.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

lulublue22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with photo id ? All photo id is in maiden name and of course without thinking I registered with my married name.

Can you bring your marraige cert and explain .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Can you bring your marraige cert and explain .

Could try that - it is another language though 🀪

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Could try that - it is another language though 🀪

Bank cards in your married name ? Bring the cert anyway and something in your married name like a utility bill .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I wouldn't worry about it. You can explain to the person taking the details what you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

greenflash wrote: »
    Appointment came in... Pfizer at DCU on Thursday. Nice theory but...

you are probably right. I suppose it could be that they've heard JJ has fallen further behind and they've given up waiting - but that is total speculation without any basis. Just trying to explain the prioritisation of late 40's over early 50's so far this week....

• Advertisement

Sleahy296 wrote: »
    45 registered at 3pm today got text appointment at 6pm for appoimtment in 2 days Thurs 25th Pfizer jab, Cork Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Happy days. The sequencing is mad though. Its not as though everyone 46+ in Cork is done already, I know loads of late 40's in Cork not yet done. But as a 1976'er myself your post is sending me straight to check the portal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Have ye work Id? They'll accept that

Happy days. The sequencing is mad though. Its not as though everyone 46+ in Cork is done already, I know loads of late 40's in Cork not yet done. But as a 1976'er myself your post is sending me straight to check the portal!

Actually, I've just received texts from two other 45 year old friends saying they have P u C appointments for Thursday. Looks like the entire 45-49 cohort will be done in Cork city anyway by the weekend so they need to get the 40-44 registrations open...

Edit - I keeping getting texts. Just about everyone I know in Cork born in 1975 is getting appointments for Thursday. Hopefully we 1976'ers will get texts tomorrow

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Have ye work Id? They'll accept that

No - anything with my photo is maiden name including driving license. have payslips etc with married name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No - anything with my photo is maiden name including driving license. have payslips etc with married name.

The only thing for it so is: DIVORCE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Corduff D15.
    Registered 15th May.
    Text yesterday for City West Thursday 27th May 9am.
    Moderna.

Pig of a place to get to without car, will have to get bus into town (which will literally put me within touching distance of Croke Pk) then Luas out to City West.
    Seems to be no way to get location changed, but so be it. Have tried the helpline a few times but always told no.

I'll aim for 9am but if I turn up at 10am rather than 9 would there be any issue?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    The only thing for it so is: DIVORCE

That might be the way to go alright :)

I blame my parents - brought up with the running away money idea !

That might be the way to go alright :)

I blame my parents - brought up with the running away money idea !

Won't be an issue,I'd say
    The vaccination people are lovely,you won't be the first or the last to have the married vs maiden name issue
    You'll ve waved on I'd say after you tell them

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

you are probably right. I suppose it could be that they've heard JJ has fallen further behind and they've given up waiting - but that is total speculation without any basis. Just trying to explain the prioritisation of late 40's over early 50's so far this week....

I'm 50 and gave up trying to rationalise prioritisation in Ireland a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Samob wrote: »
    They are local in the Irish language section and not a call centre in India reading off a script which I seemed to get before

There seems to be a lot of outsourcing of the HSE "help" line to India and all they're doing is reading from a script

I was lucky enough to get a very helpful lad from Navan earlier who told me all those on the help line are working from home and it's pot luck who you get

Advertisement