Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

humberklog wrote: »
    Myself and partner 1st shot today. Pfizer in the Helix.

Efficient and friendly.

When I entered the Helix there was 8 soldiers in camo gear coming down the stairs in the foyer which gave a nice World War Z feel to the moment.
    You enter single file into the auditorium which is mostly black and dark wood and the clinical white polyfiber cubicles was visually quite striking. Otherworldly.

I didn't understand what the African doctor was saying too well except for the four times he tried to explain to his supervisor that he was on overtime from 4 to 8 and needed a certain chit signed. It's was funny looking at her eyes rolling each time he said it.

It was the first time in the last 15 months that I actually felt that, for this moment at least, maybe we were all in this together.

I hope the doc got his form signed. For everyone's sake.

Very descriptive!

What age are yous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Sleahy296 wrote: »
    45 registered at 3pm today got text appointment at 6pm for appointment in 2 days Thurs 25th Pfizer jab, Cork Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Crazy fast

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

I got a text for 2nd dose of AZ on Friday afternoon, thing is I am hiking on saturday and generally a busy weekend so worrying about side effects, how long will I wait if i reply New for a different date if anyone has experience of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

SNNUS wrote: »
    I got a text for 2nd dose of AZ on Friday afternoon, thing is I am hiking on saturday and generally a busy weekend so worrying about side effects, how long will I wait if i reply New for a different date if anyone has experience of it??

Would you have the same hesitation if it was the first shot?
    Hiking FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I could barely move the next day never mind go hiking .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

lulublue22 wrote: »
    No - anything with my photo is maiden name including driving license. have payslips etc with married name.

I wasn't asked for my photoID at all, but I was asked what my PPS number was (I happen to know it without looking anything up). The text states to bring phone + photoID, nothing about PPS, be prepared just in case you are asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

is_that_so wrote: »
    Interesting. Was that 12 weeks or 16 weeks?
    12 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Would you have the same hesitation if it was the first shot?
    Hiking FFS.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

SNNUS wrote:

Typing new can give you a text with new appointment the very next day or up to 3 weeks later. It really depends on the centre you attend. Some centers haven't finished first dose of over 60s. Other centers are on the 40s age group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Darwin wrote: »
    I wasn't asked for my photoID at all, but I was asked what my PPS number was (I happen to know it without looking anything up). The text states to bring phone + photoID, nothing about PPS, be prepared just in case you are asked.

Tks - I know my pps no off so that’s grand - rang helpline very nice lady who said it should be grand but they might be sticky but surely I wouldn’t be the only one so they shouldn’t be sticky :) have a few bits with married name & address just no photo id. It should he grand.

• Advertisement

Your weekends hiking can wait
    Take the shot is my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

Age 60
    Registered 28th April

No movement in four weeks, so rang 1850 241850 at lunchtime today and after press 1 press 2 procedure, eventually was talking to someone in India, it seemed. Advised him of the 28 days wait. He asked me some ID questions and told me to wait. Moments later he advised I was being moved up to a priority list. I asked him would that lead to a text in the near future but though polite, he wouldn't commit. So, call over, I wondered would I be doing the same thing in a few days. Yet at 6pm this evening a text came through advising to go to Fairways Hotel MVC, Dundalk this Thursday for 1.20pm. It will be an Astra Zeneca jab.
    Delighted with the result but as per my previous posts, allocation of ages and times by HSE seems haphazard at best, with lots of glitches, particularly in the Louth area.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

The priorities list in my own head would be vaccine top of the queue followed by pretty much everything else.. but that's only me!

But I guess if your not in a rush and a (up to )3 week wait makes no odds to you then just reply New

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Your weekends hiking can wait
    Take the shot is my advice
    Some people have different priorities. A neighbour cancelled cos it clashed with her hair appointment. Each to their own.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Some people have different priorities. A neighbour cancelled cos it clashed with her hair appointment. Each to their own.

I have a few days booked in a hotel in mid July . My second vaccine is due in and around then . Must say if it happened to be when we are away I will drive home to get my vaccine . It wouldn’t even enter my head not to take the appointment I am givin
    Hair appointment ? Really ? Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I have a few days booked in a hotel in mid July . My second vaccine is due in and around then . Must say if it happened to be when we are away I will drive home to get my vaccine . It wouldn’t even enter my head not to take the appointment I am givin
    Hair appointment ? Really ? Jaysus

Same here, couldn't wait to get it, but like our hiker on the previous page some folk have other things on their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

quodec wrote: »
    Age 60
    Registered 28th April

No movement in four weeks, so rang 1850 241850 at lunchtime today and after press 1 press 2 procedure, eventually was talking to someone in India, it seemed. Advised him of the 28 days wait. He asked me some ID questions and told me to wait. Moments later he advised I was being moved up to a priority list. I asked him would that lead to a text in the near future but though polite, he wouldn't commit. So, call over, I wondered would I be doing the same thing in a few days. Yet at 6pm this evening a text came through advising to go to Fairways Hotel MVC, Dundalk this Thursday for 1.20pm. It will be an Astra Zeneca jab.
    Delighted with the result but as per my previous posts, allocation of ages and times by HSE seems haphazard at best, with lots of glitches, particularly in the Louth area.

Fantastic news for you. Are you Louth/Drogheda/East Meath area?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Same here, couldn't wait to get it, but like our hiker on the previous page some folk have other things on their mind.

Yeh . I just don’t get it though . This is a pandemic and priorities should be obvious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Vaccinations for people in their 50s in Cork “substantially complete” by middle of this week.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40298492.html

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yeh . I just don’t get it though . This is a pandemic and priorities should be obvious ?

Fair enough if you have a family issue, hospital appointment or some work related deadline that can't be put off.

But otherwise, take the vaccine when it is offered. There are an awful lot of people still waiting to get their turn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

Age 46
    Registered Sat 23rd May
    Text 25th May
    Vaccine 30th May
    Moderna
    Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Anyone any idea what age they were doing in Citywest today?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

Golfwidow wrote: »
    Fantastic news for you. Are you Louth/Drogheda/East Meath area?

Thanks Golfwidow. North Louth, just around the corner from the Fairways. I think if anyone's waiting, say over two weeks, they should make that call.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Two friends in Wicklow:

1. 48 years old, got text Sunday and vaccinated today with Pfizer at Greystones MVC
    2. 47 years old, got text yesterday (Monday) and appointment for Greystones MVC on Wednesday (not sure of which vaccine).

No GP involvement in either and no underlying conditions.

So making good progress in Wicklow!

Age 46
    Text 25th
    Vaccine 30th
    Moderna
    Limerick

Age 46
    Text 25th
    Vaccine 30th
    Moderna
    Limerick

Wow some areas of the country are absolutely flying along!

Anyone here from Galway City?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Actually, I've just received texts from two other 45 year old friends saying they have P u C appointments for Thursday. Looks like the entire 45-49 cohort will be done in Cork city anyway by the weekend so they need to get the 40-44 registrations open...

Edit - I keeping getting texts. Just about everyone I know in Cork born in 1975 is getting appointments for Thursday. Hopefully we 1976'ers will get texts tomorrow

48 in Cork southside here still waiting. Not bothered by it but strange ordering. Great to see it racing through the age groups in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

quodec wrote: »
    Thanks Golfwidow. North Louth, just around the corner from the Fairways. I think if anyone's waiting, say over two weeks, they should make that call.

Thanks quodec, I’m East Meath. I have rang the HSE twice and contacted a local councillor and TD .... still nothing!!! Congratulations on you getting your vaccine ... at last!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Trickster88

revelman wrote: »
    Vaccinations for people in their 50s in Cork “substantially complete” by middle of this week.

Still waiting... :(

Mental status: frustrated & bemused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Aged 45 since earlier this year, but cannot register!!

Is it only if you 45 since before January 1st, as all you enter is your birth year??

Is it really that complicated to:-

1) Leave us put our full birth date, so they can calculate correct age?
    or
    2) Clearly state its for people 45 from the end of last year only??

Advertisement