Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭patscott27

50 got appointment for tues 1st ..Janssen

Whereabouts are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭patscott27

I'm in drogheda and I'm being sent to the Helix for mine.

How old are you of you don't mind me asking. I'm Drogheda qnd 50. What type vaccine is it? Thank.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

patscott27 wrote: »
    How old are you of you don't mind me asking. I'm Drogheda qnd 50. What type vaccine is it? Thank.

Text: May 28th
    Centre: Helix, DCU on Monday 31st
    Vaccine: Janssen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

puzl wrote: »
    Text: May 29th
    Centre: City Hall on Tuesday 1st
    Vaccine: Pfizer/Biontech

Interesting to hear. I know so many 45s done already in Cork. You'd drive yourself mad trying to understand the system. Doing their best in fairness and getting through it quickly whatever way you splice it or dice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Interesting to hear. I know so many 45s done already in Cork. You'd drive yourself mad trying to understand the system. Doing their best in fairness and getting through it quickly whatever way you splice it or dice it.

I think the north side is being vaccinated in PuC and they are a bit ahead of City Hall. I'm not sure if it's because they have more vaccinators or a younger age profile, but I know lots of people 45-47 who have had their first dose or an appt. I know people who are 50 and 49 vaccinated out of city hall in the last few days so I assumed I'd be in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Has this happened to anyone else here? Anyone know what it means? thanks

Your vaccine type is shown only when you get an appointment. You should get the same information via text.

Aged 48 you will get Pfizer or moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

harr wrote: »
    Brother in law 53 only getting his done tomorrow, seems to be a huge staff shortage. I will be lower end 45-50s and it will punchestown so I recon I have a few weeks wait ahead of me.
    I haven’t heard of anyone in the 45-50s age bracket getting done yet in punchestown .
    A mate age 50 is there tomorrow registered 2 weeks ago, he got the text message yesterday. Hopefully it’s good indication of of progress.

puzl wrote: »
    I think the north side is being vaccinated in PuC and they are a bit ahead of City Hall. I'm not sure if it's because they have more vaccinators or a younger age profile, but I know lots of people 45-47 who have had their first dose or an appt. I know people who are 50 and 49 vaccinated out of city hall in the last few days so I assumed I'd be in the next few days.

Some near Macroom out Incigeelagh direction also called to Parc uí Caoimh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Ludo wrote: »

What part of Cork are you in Ludo? Wonder if southside and there's a pattern there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

What part of Cork are you in Ludo? Wonder if southside and there's a pattern there....

South side. Rochestown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭sporina

OH 48 yrs - app for next Tuesday - Pfizer - City Hall Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'm in drogheda and I'm being sent to the Helix for mine.
    Yeah, have heard of a few myself heading there. That seems to be a new planned vaccination centre.

Ludo wrote: »
    South side. Rochestown area.

I'm that general area too. I'm a 1976er so sounds like I'm a few days away still so. Frustrating as I know 45s in Carrigaline and in East Cork who are now vaccinated and who got their texts last Tuesday. Thought I'd be the next day, not as it now looks 10+ days later! Curious system they seem to have for going through the cohort. Anyway, nothing to be done but wait. Will get there soon....

Just to add, for those of us in Cork still not reached, that from here and from friends there appear to be MRNA days for the 45-49 cohort in both PuC and City Hall on Tuesday so they will.be getting through a fair whack on that day alone... There seem to be MRNA days in PuC everyday from today to at at least Wednesday in fact....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

Anyone have current info for what's going on in Aviva?
    In my 50s and waiting for an appointment for a fortnight now. My profile looks as though they're holding on to give me J&J as there's only one dose accommodated in the (future, greyed out) stages in my profile on the portal. Yet it seems that plenty of people registered more recently have been vaccinated there within days of registering, including some in their fifties. But they all seem to have been given Pfizer so it looks like they've not been doing J&J days.

I rang the helpline but they said they couldn't do anything and just to wait...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

fiachraX wrote: »
    In my 50s and waiting for an appointment for a fortnight now. My profile looks as though they're holding on to give me J&J as there's only one dose accommodated in the (future, greyed out) stages in my profile on the portal. Yet it seems that plenty of people registered more recently have been vaccinated there within days of registering, including some in their fifties. But they all seem to have been given Pfizer so it looks like they've not been doing J&J days.

I got moderna and my 2nd jab is greyed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It is probable that the Aviva, like other MVCs, is doing particular vaccines on particular days and there are a lot of 2nd dose AZs to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Doesn't seem to be as many on here confirming appointments in the last few days ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Doesn't seem to be as many on here confirming appointments in the last few days ??

I believe that there are a lot of 2nd doses being given out at the moment. This might reduce the amount of 1st vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

is_that_so wrote: »
    It is probable that the Aviva, like other MVCs, is doing particular vaccines on particular days and there are a lot of 2nd dose AZs to do.

It all seems a bit random, friend registered around 10 days back, he is 48, got his vaccine yesterday in Aviva.

I had to reschedule my appointment due to some personal issue and now I am waiting for over 12 days or so, no appointment yet.

Friend registered after I rescheduled my appointment. My original appointment was in Aviva as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

I have already called HSE helpline, there's nothing they can do. Contacted HSE on twitter, they said it could take up to 3 weeks to get another appointment.

Thanks - quite likely. But they seem to have had quite a few Pfizer days too. It's quite frustrating to (apparently, based on the number of steps listed in my profile on the portal) be waiting for a J&J day while others also in their fifties who registered more recently appear to be getting earlier appointments at Aviva for other vaccines, especially since the J&J vaccine wouldn't even be my first choice if I had a choice. And given the stated massive reductions in J&J deliveries owing to supply chain problems, who knows how soon they'll even have another J&J day. Either do it by age or don't. But this mish-mash where a subset of the fifties seem to have been put on hold is just annoying.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I got moderna and my 2nd jab is greyed out.
    I think everything that hasn't yet happened is greyed out. But you seem to have a listing for a second jab. Whereas my profile (with no appointment yet) lists only greyed out steps for one dose, marked as the final dose. Some of us did a comparison earlier and there seems to be two different sets of steps depending on whether you're in line for a one-shot (J&J) vaccine or a two-shot (everything else) vaccine, even before they give an appointment date.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

Thanks - quite likely. But they seem to have had quite a few Pfizer days too. It's quite frustrating to (apparently, based on the number of steps listed in my profile on the portal) be waiting for a J&J day while others also in their fifties who registered more recently appear to be getting earlier appointments at Aviva for other vaccines, especially since the J&J vaccine wouldn't even be my first choice if I had a choice. And given the stated massive reductions in J&J deliveries owing to supply chain problems, who knows how soon they'll even have another J&J day. Either do it by age or don't. But this mish-mash where a subset of the fifties seem to have been put on hold is just annoying.
    I'm in the same boat. Very frustating indeed especially as Paul Reid said we can't have a scenario where the +50s are waiting while we are moving through the younger age groups. The age/ risk based approach seem to be gone and now it looks like we are being held back so they can get rid of the J&J.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 david200

Got my first Pfizer dose in the Aviva today. Age 47.

david200 wrote: »
    Got my first Pfizer dose in the Aviva today. Age 47.
    There aren't that many mentions of the Aviva over the last few pages. But all that there are seem to be for Pfizer/BioNTech. And certainly today and 01 June are listed for Pfizer admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 california dreaming

TEXT: Thurs 27th May
    VACCINE DATE: Mon 31st June
    VACCINE: Moderna

OOOPS that was supposed to be Monday 31st May. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People in cohort 7 have been so frustrated they are reduced to turning up in vaccine centres with their prescriptions in the hand. So so wrong what is going on with the high risk groups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What's the story with North Cork people? I've heard of people being sent to Killarney from Mallow for eg.

Advertisement